PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at VS

Donna Davis
03-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Well girls I finally did it. I went to the mall yesterday and walked into Victoria's Secrets and bought a bra. I was nervous at first but the sales girl assked if I needed any help and I said I wanted to buy some new underwear. She told me to look around. I was looking at a push-up bra and she came over to me and asked if I found what I wanted. I told her I wanted a bra with a lot of padding and would push-up what I have. She smiled and said that the the Super Sexy was what I wanted. She asked me what size I wear and color I wanted . I told her and she got one out of a drawer and carrried it over to the counter and told me to enjoy my new purchase. When I payed for it I was told that I could have a private fitting if I needed one. I declined for now, but I wish I had taken her up on the offer(MY new bra is a tad bit tight). I really felt relaxed and like I belonged there. I hope others can have the same fun I had. Its really not that hard to go in and ask. I plan on going back and may-be getting the fitting. May-be all these years I have been wearing the wrong size. I am so excited about what I was able to do that I just had to share it with my friends here at the Forum.

eric97123
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
I have had good service everytime I have been in Victoria's Secrets. I go in drab and they have no problems with me trying on bras. Always helpful

DonnaT
03-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Congratulations. You can get bra extenders at places like Kmart or wal-mart or fabric stores.

Eric/a
03-18-2006, 12:25 AM
I have had good service everytime I have been in Victoria's Secrets. I go in drab and they have no problems with me trying on bras. Always helpful

REALLY?! I always thought Lane Bryant was cool about CDs trying stuff on, Frederick's sometimes, depending on who's working that day, but VS being more exclusively trying to serve GGs. Maybe they've finally decided a sale's a sale! Sure hope so!

linnea
03-18-2006, 12:47 AM
I have had wonderful experiences at Lane Bryant.

caroline_cd_99
03-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Good for you Donna! I bet you look incredible in your new bra, maybe I will go to VS with you next time and get some shopping done too!

Talk to you soon.

Lisa Marie
03-18-2006, 09:22 AM
I buy my hoisery from VS in drab never have had a problem. I love their hoisery!

Shelby
03-18-2006, 11:30 PM
I got a gift card from VS (well actually my mom did) for a free panty and $10 off a bra - not like she'd ever use it. So I have it and have been thinking of going there. I have read so many supportive things about VS and have bought some stockings but said I needed them for a show and it is true. Well anyways, I'm thinking of going soon and summon the courage to have a bra fitting myself, I'll have to share with you all when this happens.

Shelby

Barb Valentine
03-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I had a bra fitting a couple weeks ago ,what a difference a proper fitting bra
make it's like it's not even there

Victoria Pink
03-19-2006, 12:34 AM
I have always had very good service at the VS stores. Highly recommended for anyone who has interest in going there.

Victoria

MarieTS
03-19-2006, 03:29 AM
Has anyone bought or tried VS' new IPEX bra? Is it all that it's cracked up to be? Does it work well with forms?
Barb--where did you go for your fitting, and did you have an anxiety free experience?

Renee
03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I have also had nothing but great experiences at VS. Have had fittings there as well. I usually go in the mornings when they aren't as busy and have had wonderful reception and help. The VS hosiery is my favorite and i cant wait for them to have sales and clearance items. I have signed up for an Angels card as has the wife and we both go and get the free panties. I have also had good shopping experiences at Lane Bryant.

Jodi
03-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Shelby, I think if you look closely at the VS offer for free panties and $10 off on the bra, it says you must use your VS card for the purchase. If you have a VS card, great. If you don't, no dice.

Jodi

Shelby
03-20-2006, 12:27 AM
I checked the entire card and mailing and no mention of needing a VS member card plus a share a mailbox with my parents right now. I did notice that it will expire soon, so I gotta go. When you all go i for a bra fitting, do you take your forms in with you? I realize taht is the best way to get a proper fitting, but wouldn't want to look weird - as if thats not already the case.

Miss_D
03-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Awsome, I too have shopped at VS and also on their website. Have you tried any of their shoes yet????

D

Darlene Rochelle
03-20-2006, 12:08 PM
I love VS stores,but as I have gotten older I can no longer wear their clothes,I am a Lane Bryant girl. If VS carried plus sized their sales would mutliply ten-fold:happy:

PaulaJeanette
03-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Barb et al,

What kinds of information about a properly fitted bra can you share with us? More importantly and what were some of the tips that the "bra technicians" mentioned to you? These tips would be very helpful to those of us who aren't ready to get a fitting but could surely benefit from these tips.

Thank you in advance,

PaulaJeanette

JoAnnDallas
03-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Before last Xmas, I went into the local VS store and walked up to a saleperson and asked if I could sign up for a VS Angel card. She said "No problem" and she entered all my data into the computer and gave me my temp card right there. Then she said "Remember your wife can also use the card". I thanked her and then asked "Do many men shop here". She answered, "men shop here all the time".

Jodi
03-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Shelby, Yes, i would take your forms with you. That way, you can select a bra in the right cup size for your forms. You can also get a better feel for the fit with the forms.

Good luck,

Jodi

StacyD
03-20-2006, 11:07 PM
I received a $10 gift card in the mail that said "Have a sexy birthday". I think it might be time to go buy something at VS, and since it was my birthday a couple of days ago, why not.

Stacy

Barb Valentine
03-20-2006, 11:50 PM
This is from anther thread I wrote
It was a great experience ,I'm glad I did it

We went in to a small change room closed the door she asked what I wanted I told what I like
She pulled out her tape and took my bust size and said I’ll be right back, she came back with
a nice white floral bra in 44C and said if you need help just call. I put the bra on and was looking in the mirror when she knocked on the door and said how we doing she came in and said that looks good so try it with your forms .I put them in and it looked really good. Then she brought in
six more bras for me to try on .I thought this is great .I pick two bras I like the white one and a nice coral color one just then somebody came in the store so she said just wait here for a minute,
they left shortly I came out paid for my new bras