PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Victoria Pink
10-27-2004, 03:52 AM
My wife is planning to take me shopping this weekend. She wants me to wear my femme clothes and go out as Victoria. Plan is to by panties at a lingerie store and then a dress at a dress shop. I've called both stores and they are cd friendly.

Now I'm so nervous I can hardly sleep. How do I calm my nerves? I've been out once in public before but that was a brief 2-minute appearance walking through a hotel lobby. This will be for 2-4 hours and it will involve interacting with the clerks, using dressing rooms, etc. Suddenly I feel too fat, too awkward and like I have nothing to wear (even though I have several outfits in our closet).

Any suggestions?

Victoria

Tristen Cox
10-27-2004, 05:04 AM
Just try to relax and 'slip' into the moode. It's perfectly natural to get nervous before this kind of initial outing. Just keep a smile on and have the best time you can!
Good luck and happy shopping!

HUGS

Wendy me
10-27-2004, 05:54 AM
victoria your luckey to have a wife that is open minded i don't think my wife would ever understand anyway your are more than half way thear good luck
let us know how it works out

Lily_gg
10-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Suddenly I feel too fat, too awkward and like I have nothing to wear (even though I have several outfits in our closet).
You GIRL!!!!!!!!! :p

You'll have a great time I'm sure - not that I advocate alcohol as a solution to anything, but have a quick sniff of something before you go out maybe? Or make the first stop a coffee shop with nice comfy seats backed into cosy corners, so you can just sit, calm your nerves about being in public, talk to your wife about what you're going to buy (and get excited about it!), and then go do it!

One thing I will say - remember to buy something lovely for your wife as well as for Victoria - if you see something you think would look nice (or even gorgeous!) on her, hold it up against her and say so - she'll really appreciate that you're not being selfish, you're still thinking about her and totally including her, and she'll just get more supportive hopefully... I only said this because whilst she's happy about the idea now, actually doing it could shake up some feelings in her that she didn't know she had - make sure it's a 'we' thing, not a 'me' thing, and that's less likely to happen.

Good luck - I know you'll have a fantastic time! :D

tvsue
10-27-2004, 06:24 AM
I envy you Victoria. The first times are hard but you will have your wife to support you. You will be less obvious than on your own. Your wife must be confident that you will pass and will no doubt give you every assistance to ensure you will fit in.

I find just first walking in the malls / street helps settle the nerves as you notice that no one is taking particular notice of you as they are all too busy going about there business. You may get the occasional glance from a guy and that is probably because you look attractive. Keep positive thoughts about your appearance and that you do fit in and you will be fine. As you get comforatble in the street or mall you are then ready to move into the shops. Department stores are my favourite as you can brouse without being disturbed. However because you have found some cd freinedly stores you will be in for a great and understanding time I am sure. They will give you quality service and treat you with the respect you deserve.

I was shoping once dressed in drab looking at some rather pricy lingerie for myself in a small shop. The proprieter came up to serve me then politley asked if it was for myself. I plucked up the courage and replied yes. She then descretely helped me with sizing and ensured I found what would fit and suited me. It was great to be treated that way. I hope to return to shop there agian but next time as Sue.

Another tip I thought of is when travelling practice talking as a lady and that will help. I do this with myself when going out. I may discuss the radio show I am listening to or commentate out load to myself on what I am seeing or doing when driving.

Have fun and let us know how you get on and what you buy.

Love

Sue

Amelie
10-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi Victoria, Hope you have fun while going out.

My advise,,, Have you ever shopped at a store in drab clothes? It is the same while dressed, don't worry about the walk, the voice, or anything else. Just be yourself, like you would normally be. You will find very few people care what you look like, most will ignore you. Just have fun and like Lily said BUY something for your wife!!
Love Amelie

Lily_gg
10-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Woohoo! Amelie agrees with me!

Now, how about this idea, which I'm sure Kew will like, all the grrls on here buy some nice pretty pressies for your resident gorgeous ggs?... I'm sure we can both supply favourite colours, shoe/dress sizes etc... Oh, and I prefer silver to gold, but all shiny things are good...... :p

What's that I hear? You've already maxed out your credit cards buying goodies for yourselves? *looks disappointed* Ach, never mind! :D

Amelie
10-27-2004, 07:31 AM
Woohoo! Amelie agrees with me!

Now, how about this idea, which I'm sure Kew will like, all the grrls on here buy some nice pretty pressies for your resident gorgeous ggs?... I'm sure we can both supply favourite colours, shoe/dress sizes etc... Oh, and I prefer silver to gold, but all shiny things are good...... :p

What's that I hear? You've already maxed out your credit cards buying goodies for yourselves? *looks disappointed* Ach, never mind! :D

Let,s not get too crazy,,, You can be replaced, if your demands are too high.
We will have to import GGs who will work cheaper. Hell,, I could be the GG,, no one knows me,I will log on with another name and say I'm a GG.

All I can afford to give you and Kew is a Thank You,,,SO

Thank You Lily and Kew
Love Amelie

Fiona K
10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Good luck Victoria,
You'll be fine, have a great time (buy your wife something, she sounds like she's worth it!) and post the pics
Fiona

babe4life
10-27-2004, 10:55 AM
:)

Have to agree with Amelie on this one ... THANK YOU :p

LOL

And why were you thinking of me when you mentioned the maxed out credit cards? Hmm? As true as the statement is, did you have to let everyone know? ;)

Love,
Vicky

KewTnCurvy GG
10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Thank You Lily and Kew
Love Amelie

so a thank you will get my attention! Btw, hi Lily:)

hugs
kew

Fiona K
10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
:)

Have to agree with Amelie on this one ... THANK YOU :p

LOL

And why were you thinking of me when you mentioned the maxed out credit cards? Hmm? As true as the statement is, did you have to let everyone know? ;)

Love,
Vicky

You showed us the evidence and you looked great!
love
Fiona

Julie
10-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Victoria, it sounds like you'll have a fun time at the weekend, you've got your wife to accompany you and you'll be going to CD friendly stores so it will be a breeze. As Fiona said, buy your wife something special, she deserves it. :)

Julie J

windycissy
10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Wow, you already are lucky to have such a supportive wife. To calm my nerves, I have a cigarette. There is something about seeing my lipstick stain on the filter as the nicotine rushes into my lungs that I find strangely calming. Of course, I'm not recommending this to any of you girls who don't smoke. In fact, the only time I smoke is when I'm in girl mode. I can go for weeks without smoking when I'm in drab, but the minute I'm in a dress, I want to light up. A shrink would have a field day with this aspect of my personality...Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

babe4life
10-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Hear, hear! Take us with you! It seems to be the only way I ever going to get out of the house at this rate ;)

Love,
Vicky

Victoria Pink
10-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Wow, what great support and advice. It's good to hear from all of you. And yes, Lily, that's absolutely the best advice. I will buy my wife something very special! That's why it is so very,very good that some supportive gg's are on our site. We (I) do get too focused on myself and forget to make this a we thing way too often. I'm slowly learning.

I remember when I first went shopping in drab, especially in lingerie store. My heart was just pounding I was so scared. But I became comfortable with that and today it is no problem for me to walk through aisleways holding my selections in plain view and standing in line with a bunch of ladies waiting my turn at the cash register. So, that was a good reminder on how to settle the nerves.

I will take you girls with me in my heart. Maybe I can find some things as pretty and what Vicky purchased and posted. Vicky... you go girl! You have good taste and you really look good in the clothing you buy.

I can hardly wait to see my wife's reaction when I find something for her.

You are right about this too Lily when you said that she may have some reaction after we are done shopping. That has happened before. I thought she was okay with doing/wearing something and then after the event that we had agreed on was over she would start to cry. It broke my heart, 'cuz I don't want to break her heart or make her feel sad. This time I will expect some reaction, but that too makes me very nervous. Maybe more nervous about this than facing strangers while dressed up. I just don't want to cause my wife pain.

To al the girls who took the time to post a note, I say "thanks". These comments have been most helpful. And, I enjoy the commarderie that spontaneously breaks out in these threads. Keep it going girls.

Love, Victoria

Jenna1561
10-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Victoria,

I agree with all the other girls - have fun.

Make it a shared experience, take interest in your wife, and as has been said, be sure to buy her something.

You're a lucky girl!

Love,
Jenna

Lily_gg
10-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Well, I heard someone chattering away about maxed out cards, put two and two together, and it figured it must be you! :p

Victoria Pink - tell your wife beforehand that you're nervous about how she's going to feel then, that you don't want to do anything that'll upset her, and that if she does start feeling at all wobbly at any time, you want her to tell you so you can stop the shopping trip immediately, regardless of how much you're enjoying it. She'll really appreciate you telling her this, and it'll give her some control over what's happening, rather than just feeling like it's your trip which only you can stop if you're uncomfortable - again it'll make it into a we thing.

Plus, doing this will make her less likely to freak out anyway (because of the feeling she has control), and more likely that you'll both have the most fabulous time - good luck!

:p

Chrissycd
10-27-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm envious that your wife is so thoughtful. It will be a bit of an experience for her, too, but it just might make you a tighter couple b/c you're both going to be a bit vulnerable and more protective and caring of one another as a result. Above all, wear comfortable shoes and be yourself.
Chrissy

GraceUSA
10-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Lots of great things already said so not much that I can add in to it. But one thing that I've noticed watching my friends, they never noticed (or commented) about crossdressers around them. Been out to dinner with large groups of friends twice and had either a lady waiting in the lobby with us or seated near us and not one comment from them.

A lot of people will see what they want to see and completely overlook anything they consider "abmormal" unless they are confronted with it. So be yourself, look yourself and let others be themselves and have a wonderful time.

Grace

Victoria Pink
10-28-2004, 04:00 AM
Thanks for more good advice and words of encouragement. Part of the fun is preparing for this. My legs are now shaved for the first time. Tonight we will try to pick out my outfit. All these little things building up to the "event".

I am a very lucky girl to have a supportive wife. Lily, more good advice on being ready to bail if my wife gets uncomfortable. Thanks! I think Friday night we will just sit down and talk our feelings through. If I'm nervous, she must really be going through the wringer.

Victoria

Lily_gg
10-28-2004, 05:24 AM
I'm just hurling in the gg view because I know how wrapped up in this you must be getting - huge event for you - and so you may completely unintentionally miss how she's feeling, and that would damage her comfort and therefore support levels with all of this.

I just want to log back on here saturday night / sunday, and read a post telling us all about the fabulous time you both had, that your wife was fine with it, you both feel even better about the relationship, and that you have gorgeous new things to wear ;)