PDA

View Full Version : Walking the Walk

SamanthaToday
07-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Fate is a funny thing, So I am leaving my support group, 3rd trip, not really feeling it and in fact thinking this is the last one.

But before going to my group I had a plan, across the street there is a bar that welcomes sisters, well some of the patrons do and others would rather I didn't dress up at all. :)

So I would cross the street and go in and have a drink after my group meeting was over.

So I am waiting at the elevator and it takes for ever , before I knew it there was 5 of us, the elevator shows up and its full of a building cleaning crew, so we have to wait more.

At this point I was tired and decided for whatever reason to ask if anyone needed a ride home since I have my car, I wasn't really thinking about the response because I was going to the bar across the street.. well I get a yes someone needed a ride.

We exit the building and across the street at the bar I was planning on going to , the police had the street blocked off , they had 2 males on the ground hand cuffed.. there is no way I would have gone over.

So I drive her home and it turns out there is a social group that meets and they do stuff. I got her email address and have already contacted the organizer. I needed more of a Social group versus a Support group, So Yay to the slow elevator.

I had 2 ego buffs before my meeting, basically I had 2 males give me very nice smiles as I walked to my support group before hand. Both smiles were , "We know what you are" but friendly.. least that's what I read from the smiles.

Samantha

Tracii G
07-04-2018, 11:20 PM
Yeah you will get those type that know but have enough class to not get all bent out of shape.

Helen_Highwater
07-05-2018, 04:04 AM
Samantha,

Fate has a way of intervening from time to time. Sometimes for the poorer, but as in this case for the better.

What I found interesting was you writing about not needing a support group more a social one. I feel being out with friends is perhaps the best support anyone can get. I hope you enjoy your new found group. Keep us informed.

Beverley Sims
07-05-2018, 05:48 AM
I must agree here friends are important and a support group even though good is not necessarily people you can get close to.

You will eventually get a couple of close friends that way.

docrobbysherry
07-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Sam, I'm a closet CD. So, I don't need a "support group". But, I DO need and have countless trans friends!:hugs:
Because, strangely, I go out dressed a lot!

The only reason I go out dressed at all is to meet T's at T friendly events and venues. I strongly suggest u attend local T events and T friendly venues! It's all too much fun!:D

SamanthaToday
07-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Thanks all.
I finally realized the only way I will meet people is to go out. Waiting for someone to take me under their wing won't work. Reason being what if this other person doesn't show . At least now if it doesn't work out its not a biggie since I am getting more comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes I feel like an inch worm. But I'm getting there. 😗

Tracii G
07-06-2018, 06:40 PM
You do have to get out if you expect to make friends.
You have to be the one to make it happen because no one else knows what you need.

Helen_Highwater
07-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Samantha,

True, it's great to meet up with other CD'ers and share experiences. That said being comfortable in your own skin enables you to meet up with "ordinary" people. Muggles to use another term. being in the situation of interacting with non CD'ers normalises our situation. Being dressed while about and mingling is just so rewarding.

Don't exclude one at the expense of the other. They both have value.

SamanthaToday
07-06-2018, 06:53 PM
So true Girls . Had my second electrolysis appointment today. She is really nice. At the end I asked if She was wondering why I wanted the hair off my upper lip. She said She did . I showed her a pic of Samantha and said it's for her. She kind stuttered and then said She is very pretty. Then said She has 3 other trans clients and thought it was wonderful. I would have never have done that just a few weeks ago.

Sami Brown
07-06-2018, 08:17 PM
That is interesting and encouraging to hear about your experience with electrolysis. I am strongly considering doing that after we move to Las Vegas in a month or so.

Now that you have broken the ice by revealing your picture, have you considered going to an appointment en femme?

Sami

SamanthaToday
07-07-2018, 12:40 AM
That is interesting and encouraging to hear about your experience with electrolysis. I am strongly considering doing that after we move to Las Vegas in a month or so.

Now that you have broken the ice by revealing your picture, have you considered going to an appointment en femme?

Sami

I think Sami in my subconscious that's what I want. Its like im planting little trail crumbs, parking lot to therapist, then street parking to support group, now parking to electrolysis.. Hoping someday I can park dressed and go in ..

Going to meet my new friend for coffee very near where I have my therapist meeting, growing my circle.. :)

MY Plan is to meet her before or after and have to walk a bit.. im close.. and so happy.

Edit.. By close I mean I will be in the middle of a public place and no where to hide.