PDA

View Full Version : Shaved my body hair first time ever

QueenJeanette
07-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Yesterday I shaved my body hair off as much as I could do myself. I guess I need to schedule a waxing for my back. That evening I had to do an upgrade on my Harley's baggage. In the garage it was warm and i did it in a tee-shire and women's panties. Some nice lace blue boy shorts. Man those things look nice around my ass. If I were another man I might kiss it. Anyway, I did work up a sweat and I notice my body oder was completely different. is it the lack of body hair or maybe the moisturizing soap? What's your experiences?

Teresa
07-06-2018, 02:15 PM
I see from your other thread that you now live alone , so all this can happen without restrictions . I've been totally shaving my body now for some time and yes we don't sweat half as much and also there is very little odour , I use a female deodorant which is far more efective than my male ones . Maybe you could find a social group to help with your dressing , it's great to meet others face to face .

Jaylyn
07-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Just wait till you get in your 70s you really don't have to shave and also your sense of smell diminishes. It's a win win.
Probably the moisturizer is the smell you are smelling.

Queen Bridget
07-06-2018, 02:30 PM
I love the feeling after a good body shave. I just wish it wasn't so time consuming (At least for me).

And yes, I too have noticed that you smell different when shaved. I think it's due to the old sweat sticking to the hairs.

Teresa
07-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Bridget ,
When you do it everday it does get quicker , I just accept it as my daily routine .

Bobbi46
07-06-2018, 04:04 PM
You cant beat a good blow torch Lol!!

Rachelakld
07-07-2018, 01:29 AM
I just hate the itchy re-growth phase

Sashauk
07-07-2018, 04:15 AM
Regarding the odour problem I read this the other day on the BBC News website - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44680255

As you can see one of things they suggest is to shave your armpit hair to allow the sweat to evaporate quicker.

I have been smooth for years and I must admit I very rarely 'smell' these days.

I just hate the itchy re-growth phase

It was like that for me too when I first started shaving. But after a few years of shaving, IPL/Laser and a good epilator it's extremely rare for me to get itchy these days. Also what hair that does grow back is very fine and soft.

Helen_Highwater
07-07-2018, 04:19 AM
Jeanette,

The feel of smooth skin, especially the first time, is just so wonderful. It makes you connect to your body in a whole new way.

As for the effect on sweating, hair is designed to keep a body warm. To trap air and act as an insulating layer. Even small amounts will slow down the passage of air over the skin and hence reduce evaporation.

Here's the icky part, the smell comes from bacteria found on the skin that break down the acids found in the sweat. If the sweat can evaporate more quickly then the bacteria has less time and material to work on. So being hairless improves evaporation and hence you smell better.

I'm a recent convert to using an epilator. Now that you're smooth using one of those could be the eadiest way to stay that way. Regular use means you only catch a few hairs as they regrow so the discomfort felt is minimal.

Stacy Darling
07-07-2018, 04:46 AM
Hygiene 101 if you want to be kissed NOT!
As Helen says it's most likely to be Bacterial.

Shave more, Stress less and life will smell more sweet!

Stacy!

Teresa
07-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Rachel,
That's one reason why I shave everyday , the itching faded out sometime ago, I'm not going to experiment to see at what point it comes back back but I dress most days anyway so keeping smooth by shaving is an aceptable price I'll happily pay .

Bobbi46
07-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Nothing ever can or will beat the feeling of smooth shaved or epilated skin I discovered that the first time I shaved but now use an epilator all over. As for body odour showering on a regular basis helps but yes being hairless does help. Plus a some georgous femme perfume.

Jenny22
07-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Queen J... try one of these. Probably costs less then a waxing.
https://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-Yourself-Electric-Back-Shaver/dp/B000HQ0L2E

QueenJeanette
07-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Queen J... try one of these. Probably costs less then a waxing.
https://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-Yourself-Electric-Back-Shaver/dp/B000HQ0L2E

One Click later and I got it. Thanks.

Alice B
07-07-2018, 03:44 PM
I have been shaving my body for years and can't stand it when I can't. Just got back from 3 weeks in Alaska. A family wildlife photo trip, so no shaving. AGH! Will go in and get a total body wax tomorrow.

Sissy_Michelle
07-07-2018, 06:30 PM
QueenJeanette,

An amazing feeling isn't it. All your clothes feel much better, don't they? Every Sunday I shave my legs, bikini area, chest, armpits. I haven't taken the plunge yet with waxing. I did find a place close by that seems reasonable and will probably get my legs done first.

@--}----
Michelle

BLUE ORCHID
07-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Hi Jeanette :hugs:, Now is a good time to get an Epilator and stay clean & smooth ..o:daydreaming:O..

QueenJeanette
07-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Hi Jeanette :hugs:, Now is a good time to get an Epilator and stay clean & smooth ..o:daydreaming:O..

which one do you use?

sissythings
07-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Bridget... I currently shave once a week; it's my Saturday morning ritual. Like Teresa says, you get pretty efficient with the process; 15 to 20 minutes for me. Also, the shorter the hair, the faster it goes. After letting it go more than a week, it takes quite a bit longer.

Rachel... I have also found (like Teresa) that the itching phase goes away after a while. Having shaved for so many years now, I can't remember how long it took for it to subside.

I'm ready to try an epilator!

Queen Bridget
07-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Bridget... I currently shave once a week; it's my Saturday morning ritual. Like Teresa says, you get pretty efficient with the process; 15 to 20 minutes for me. Also, the shorter the hair, the faster it goes. After letting it go more than a week, it takes quite a bit longer.

I think leaving it so long between shaves is the reason it takes me so long. So I'll try and keep it up more frequent.

I've been eyeballing epilators for years. But I don't know if I could take the pain.

Dena
07-08-2018, 09:18 AM
I'm also interested as to what is a good epilater for a guy.

I gave up shaving because I have industrial strength stubble, I would have to shave my torso twice a day to be remotely comfortable!

Judy-Somthing
07-08-2018, 09:39 AM
My wife does not approve of CDing and whenever she's mad at me she says we're only staying together for the children.
So I was surprised yesterday when she said chest hair on men is out and I should remove mine.

I tried not to look as happy about it as I was feeling on the inside but I can't wait to see how much better it will look with low neck dresses. YIPPY!

Teresa
07-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Dena,
The hair growth in some areas does amaze me, I didn't think I would need to shave my chest everyday , my hands are stubbly every morning , I guess my back is the biggest problem I don't do it as often as I should but I can still reach all over with a razor . I don't mind shaving my legs everyday , I'm really happy that I can go out without wearing stockings or tights in the hot weather . I did have to smile at Helen's question of what is going on when she saw so many with thick black leggins and tights in the hot weather .

IleneD
07-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Queenie,
Its the moisturizers.

But on the subject of shaving. Congratulations. It is a great feeling, is it not? I believe I actually feel cooler in the heat without the excess hair.
I keep my legs shaved nearly all the time now (unless I just miss a cycle). Even without having a Femme reason for doing so, the hair on my old legs was spotty and didn't look attractive. The legs look much better even in guy shorts and swim suits.

I've been shaving the rest of my body lately too. I have literally no chest hair and am slightly haired anyway. The shaving ritual, however, is a hoot. Sometimes I stand in the bathtub with the electric barber sheers (no water in tub), raking the hair from underarms, legs, and some "private" areas. I don't want to see the video of me trying to shave the deepest under portions of my booty (Yes, all the way up and under). It would be hilarious. It made me think of installing a mirror on the floor of my jacuzzi tub so I could see what was going on when I trimmed down under. I'm glad I didn't cut off something important the first time I tried it. (and no, there is no such video). I also shave my arms but not all the way clean. I take the shortest clipper attachment for the sheers and run it up and down my arms. It works great.
After a clipper shave, I wet shave with foam and water some of the areas like legs and underarms. Then.... moisturize.

Enjoy shaving. Make it a fun and affirming ritual; an important part of your balanced CD life.

Jenny22
07-08-2018, 12:55 PM
My body and legs are virtually hairless. Arms are a different story, but mostly gray. I'd love to shave with a true razor, but my skin is so badly aged (lotsa wrinkles), I can't. I use clippers on my arms .. does a good job. Then, if I want to shave really close, I'll use my electric shaver... really smooth, now and no bleeding! Then, moisturizer.

Teresa
07-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Ilene,
You made me think of Kandi's thread about thinking small , I had to smile at your contortions but being a smaller stature I can get it all easily done in my shower cubicle , it only takes afew minutes with shower gel and a razor for my legs , OK my back is fun and games .

Roxanne Lanyon
07-08-2018, 01:17 PM
I love the feeling of moisturizer on my freshly shaven legs. So cool and dreamy. Oh, it is so wonderful to shave all over!:)

QueenJeanette
07-08-2018, 01:18 PM
I shaved again last night before going to the bar. I felt so clean and I could smell the moisturizer instead of my arm pit. It was amazing hoe removing my body hair has put my funky body oder to rest. It’s time I invest in my essence. When people huge me I want the to smell a womem and say Mmmm!

Maid_Marion
07-23-2018, 08:48 PM
I just got a cordless Pansonic electric shaver for shaving while dripping wet in the middle of a shower. Works and feels great!

Janine cd
07-23-2018, 09:09 PM
I been shaving my entire body for more than 20 years. The feeling of a completely smooth body is fantastic. I shave every day to keep the feeling alive.

Maddie_h22
07-24-2018, 01:31 AM
Does anyone know of any good resources for waxing?

alwayshave
07-24-2018, 05:06 AM
Jeanette, Admittedly my sweat does not have the same smell when I am hairless.

Krea
07-24-2018, 05:51 AM
My wife does not approve of CDing and whenever she's mad at me she says we're only staying together for the children.
So I was surprised yesterday when she said chest hair on men is out and I should remove mine.
I tried not to look as happy about it as I was feeling on the inside but I can't wait to see how much better it will look with low neck dresses. YIPPY!

Judy, that sounds like a golden opportunity. Don't delay, and be sure to remind your wife it was her idea! You are overdue a bit of good luck with your dressing. :thumbsup:

I really detest my bodyhair now. I regularly shave under my arms (for extra cleanliness and aesthetic merit) and my upper legs (no hair below the knee), and my wife is ok with this.

The real issue is my chest hair. Last year i had an ECG and the nurse shaved several small areas in the centre of my chest for the sensors. It looked odd after that, so when i got home i shaved the rest off. It felt so amazing. :daydreaming: My wife wasn't overly impressed as she likes my chest rug. :sad: Hopefully in time i can persuade her that it is not so bad for me to be hairfree. :thumbsup: