PDA

View Full Version : One More Got My Ears Pierced

Lynn Sealy
07-11-2018, 04:56 PM
For my 60th birthday, I got my ears pierced. My male side took a poll of friends on Facebook, and the vote was two-to-one for. I was worried that everyone would look at me oddly or someone would say something. So far, nothing of the sort. My wife likes it. She doesn't know about Lynn.

Barbara Jo
07-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Yeah, like everyone else, when you get you ears pierced theses days, you found out that no one cares . :)

I got mine pierced when I was in my late 6os (I'm now 70) and I really enjoy wearing any sort of feminine earnings possible... like any woman can.

For daily wear in male mode, I wear 3mm or 4mm CD studs. :)

Tina June
07-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Good for You!
2 to 1 for it is a great response. It shows how having pierced ears has become more mainstream for all.
Now, go and get yourself a nice collection!

Lynn Sealy
07-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Yeah, like everyone else, when you get you ears pierced theses days, you found out that no one cares . :)

I got mine pierced when I was in my late 6os (I'm now 70) and I really enjoy wearing any sort of feminine earnings possible... like any woman can.

For daily wear in male mode, I wear 3mm or 4mm CD studs. :)

That's the main reason for my posting this. Provide more data points that getting your ears pierced is not a big deal to the public.

Also, it doesn't hurt. I went to a tattoo shop to have it done.

Jaylyn
07-11-2018, 06:44 PM
I'm proud of you Lynn but still I'm not gonna get my ears pierced, all my daughters, two of the ten grand kids and my wife has them pierced. It looks like it would hurt.
Let me ask you a question because we've thought about doing what you are doing--- living full time in an RV one of these days. How do you get to dress or carry your dresses and makeup in an RV and your wife not know?
Would also like to know a little about life full time in the RV?

Lynn Sealy
07-11-2018, 06:55 PM
I'm proud of you Lynn but still I'm not gonna get my ears pierced, all my daughters, two of the ten grand kids and my wife has them pierced. It looks like it would hurt.
Let me ask you a question because we've thought about doing what you are doing--- living full time in an RV one of these days. How do you get to dress or carry your dresses and makeup in an RV and your wife not know?
Would also like to know a little about life full time in the RV?

Jaylynn,

We love the RV life. Travel the country. I describe it as we're seeing places we always wanted to see, and places we didn't know we always wanted to see. Happy to answer any questions you may have. I know there are several girls in the forum who live full time. I found them through a search.

As for dressing, I don't. I am not very far along the spectrum. When we got rid of our stuff to sell our house and move into the trailer, I got rid of everything, which was not much. The one time I dressed was when we were in Portland and she flew off to a conference. It looks like that will happen again. I hope to be able to go to Victoria's Over the Rainbow for a GNO.

Barbara Jo
07-11-2018, 07:07 PM
of course getting you ears pierced (on the lobes) does not hurt. :)

In fact In some cultures it's even a common practice of piercing the ears of very young girls

BLUE ORCHID
07-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Hi Lynn :hugs:, Congratulations, That is awesome it took me 72yrs. to get my ears pierced.

Please be careful with them wash your hands before touching them and be sure to
follow the instructions about cleaning and turning them.

Don't get in a hurry to change them wait 6weeks. >Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

alwayshave
07-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Lynn, Happy big six o. Congrats on the piercing.

Tracii G
07-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Proud of you Lynn. See its not as big a deal as you thought it was.:)

BillieS
07-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Happy birthday! And congratulations on the piercings. I’ve had several for some time and have never gotten a second look (except, of course, when I wear sparkly-dangly ones and want the attention!)..

IleneD
07-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Lynn,

You will never regret it. Never.
Did mine (again) 3 yrs ago when I was 63. I thought the world would be gawking at me and me alone. It was pretty much the same feeling I got when I went out in a dress for the first time. I got over it fast.
I will never give up my earrings and pierced ears.

bridget thronton
07-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Happy birthday

dee4127
07-12-2018, 06:21 AM
lynn we are getting close to going full time rving.Looking forward to it.

Krea
07-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Well done Lynn Sealy. :thumbsup:
I would love to get mine done, just a small stud on each side, but to be fair i want to discuss it with my wife first.

Danika
07-12-2018, 09:27 PM
It's kind of nice now that they have the magnetic earrings if you are not into getting them pierced. Super affordable.

Jackiefl
07-13-2018, 05:56 AM
I have 3 piercings in each �� and not one person ever commented. In fact my lovely wife got me 2 of the piercings quite a few years ago for a birthday present. We are retired and full time rv. My wife and I just bought a house for a home base and I met with the hot dressed and also closed on the house dressed and guess what no one batted an eye.