PDA

View Full Version : "Why don't you shave your legs?"

tammy1
07-14-2018, 02:06 PM
My wife and i were shopping in a beauty supply store when she suggested i pick out several
nail polishes. i did, and later at home polished my toe nails with a light color attempting to closely match the color of my skin tones... slightly too light pink. Initially not caring for it's color, with an open mind, my wife changed hers after 3 or 4 days, noting: "I've grown to really like that polish on your toes."

"Might look a little brighter if my toes and feet weren't a little on the furry side" i replied.

"Why don't you shave your legs? she responds.

"OK. Do't be surprised if you come home from work tomorrow or the next day and my legs look smooth and hairless."

"How long before it will grow back? she questioned.

"7 to 10 days i think."

Next morning in the shower; Mission Accomplished.

My wife made her mental notes the next day after work, not saying a word, followed several days later with her reaching out and rubbing my thighs. That was last week and as of this date; there have been no complaints or regrets on either of our parts. However, i do think it's about time for a close shave again.

i love my wife!

Remind me to tell you the story of our first "Bra-Off".

Tammy

BLUE ORCHID
07-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Hi Tammy :hugs:, Now do yourself a favor and get an epilator and keep them clean and smooth. >Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

Teresa
07-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Tammy,
Normally it takes about six weeks to fully grow back, thank goodness I'm free to shave everyday and not worry about that problem . I't great you have your wife's blessing !

tammy1
07-14-2018, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the tips and time lines girls. No doubt this info will come in very handy, i'm sure. i have such great joy in dressing and living through out the day in "girl Mode". Both my ears double pierced now for enough time to enjoy switching from studs to dangles...much fun. It's ony getting better!

Alice B
07-14-2018, 04:37 PM
I shave all the time and the only negative comment from my wife is that my legs are too scratchy after a few days. Solution - get them waxed. Just did yesterday and she said they look nice. Now for a spary tan

Vickie_CDTV
07-15-2018, 03:21 AM
It takes about 6-8 weeks to for leg hair to reach full terminal length. More if you are older (generally), less if you are younger.

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 03:30 AM
Its all about looks, if you normally have dark hair i think there is nothing more offputting than to see a woman with tights/stockings and to see leg hair. I epilate my leg hair about every 2/3 days but despite that I was very fair coloured so under black tights or even tan ones leg hair does not show but I hate any body too so having none and keeping on top of the haire removal is just a part of my life.

Helen_Highwater
07-15-2018, 03:51 AM
Tammy,

I'll second Orchid's advice and get yourself an epilator. Start using it as the hair grows back. That way you're removing fewer and it's less discomfort.

I'm a recent convert and trust me on this, the discomfort, I won't describe it as pain 'cause it ain't that bad and you soon get used to it, is worth the outcome. Couple it with one of those rough exfoliating sponges and hey, Teflon smooth!

The other advantage is it's less messy than shaving and quicker to. A quick wizz over every few days keeps things just so. Plus no nicks.

Rachelakld
07-15-2018, 03:52 AM
hairless always best for me, mind you, I don't like stockings and my skirts are short.

Kiwi Primrose
07-15-2018, 04:11 AM
I also endorse getting an epilator. It will sting a bit until you have weakened the regrowth but it is worth it. And use lots of moisturiser.
I have very little regrowth these days. That applies to under-arms, body and legs.

Sashauk
07-15-2018, 05:14 AM
And another endorsement for an epilator. As others have said it will sting a bit at first but the more you use it the easier it becomes. Try to get a good one with ceramic discs as they work better than the metal disc ones.

One thing I have noticed since starting epilating is that the hair that does regrow is much softer and finer than it used to be - with my legs being tanned at he moment the fine hair really does not show at all.

alwayshave
07-15-2018, 06:01 AM
Tammy, another vote for an epilator. I epilate once a week and shave only just before putting on hosiery.

BarbDriscoll
07-15-2018, 12:43 PM
They can pry my epilator from my cold dead hands. Best gizmo I ever purchased. Never knew such a thing existed until I came here.

Sami Brown
07-15-2018, 12:53 PM
In case you haven't yet decided, I hope my vote for epilating is enough to tip you into the buy column. I consider the feel of skin that has just been epilated to be one of the finest pleasures of life.

My article on epilation remains one of the most popular on my blog, in case you want to read more details before deciding: https://crossdresserreport.com/great-looking-legs-epilator-way/

Sami

GracieRose
07-15-2018, 07:01 PM
I'm adding my vote to the epilator coalition.
I use it about every 3 days.
I wouldn't describe the 'pain' as pain. More of a slight discomfort that is far outweighed by the smooth results.

Danika
07-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Shaved legs is part of the shower ritual. Gotta be smooth ladies ;)

biancabellelover
07-15-2018, 09:56 PM
Another vote for an Epilator!

I had my body hair removed at a laser hair removal clinic last year. But it doesn't get them all, and doesn't get gray hairs. So the epilator is just the trick.

The pain lessens with time (and you get used to it).

Michelle

Tina B.
07-15-2018, 11:43 PM
Another vote for the epilator, shaved for years. but hated the stubble, with an epilator regrow is much softer. But the real bonus is the more you use it, the less you need it. At first I missed the ritual of shaving, it seemed so feminine but after I felt the results a month later, I knew I would never go back to shaving.

colleen ps
07-15-2018, 11:48 PM
Epilator for me too. Best thing i ever bought. Once a week is ideal but i have been using it for so long now, i can leave it three weeks before the hair starts to show.

Mafalda
07-15-2018, 11:55 PM
It's really wonderful when you can share female things and thougts with your loved one... You are lucky being with such an accepting wife! Thank you for sharing.

Becky Blue
07-16-2018, 01:46 AM
You are one lucky girl Tammy, I agree with the 6 weeks to be back fully, you will have a lot of prickly hairs after 2 weeks but will be very sparse until around week 4

BrendaPDX
07-16-2018, 07:57 AM
I used to shave my legs when I lived alone, now I use two pairs of pantyhose. However the high endorsement of an epilator make me wonder.

jenniferinsf
07-16-2018, 10:03 AM
i guess i am lucky enough not to need to shave...good to go with just a touch up every month or so

as someone at the gym what they used...they had a gorgeous body...i so wanted to find out........natural he said.....hairless..how marvelous that would be

Asew
07-16-2018, 11:10 AM
I heard this same phrase yesterday but in a different setting. My almost teenage son said short skirts require shaved legs and asked why I don't shave my legs. I told him I have no desire to shave them, I have a hard enough time keeping my face shaved.

Roxanne Lanyon
07-16-2018, 12:17 PM
I began shaving my legs about two months ago. Since then about every third or fourth day. Oh, how I adore the feel, and the look with my nylons on. I think I will now research epilators, and see just how they will work! But I do love the way my shaved legs look and feel. I spent all last weekend in hose, and it was simply adorable!
Your Roxanne

Courtney_29
07-16-2018, 02:04 PM
that’s awesome you have it a try. i shave mine a couple times a week. not too bad kinda routine for me already, but i just looove how freshly shaved legs feel . especially when i go to bed and pull the sheets over myself. yea..

DaisyLawrence
07-16-2018, 02:24 PM
My almost teenage son said short skirts require shaved legs and asked why I don't shave my legs. I told him I have no desire to shave them, I have a hard enough time keeping my face shaved.

The boy is wise and speaketh the truth for sure. :)

DIANEF
07-16-2018, 07:24 PM
I don't have an epilator but my legs are virtually hair free now. A quick swipe with a razor once every week or so is enough to remove what little there is there.

Jaymees22
07-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Lucky me, my legs went bald instead of my head. The few stray hairs left I shave off about once a week.

Janine cd
07-16-2018, 10:10 PM
I shave my legs every day and have been doing it for more than 30 years . I t seems so natural that I never think about it anymore.

Gardener
07-16-2018, 10:39 PM
Just possibly I might be too lazy to start doing this. However what intrigues me is how areas on my legs are now devoid of hair?

deebra
07-17-2018, 06:48 AM
Hair other than on your head is yucca. I shave my legs as well as everywhere else, apply lotion and they are tanned. Look just like a women's. Wonder if they are noticed as looking nice just like a woman's when wearing women's shorts and sandles?

Beverley Sims
07-17-2018, 07:28 AM
That wife of yours is a gem, take good care of her.

Roxanne Lanyon
07-20-2018, 07:38 AM
I am more interested in how I feel with freshly shaven legs. It makes me feel so much more like a lady, a woman at heart, so lovely. If I just feel lady-like, I am ever so happy. And, if others admire my legs, then I am just doubly happy!
Roxanne, The Lady

Stacy Darling
07-20-2018, 08:06 AM
I can see why it's not in the Beauty section!

4now!

susan54
07-20-2018, 09:06 AM
Yup. Leg shaving is even more tedious than face shaving, but at least I only have to do the legs twice a week. I also have a depilator and Lumina, and I exfoliate and moisturise. As well as legs and face I shave the armpits. Legs and armpit for aesthetic reasons - I think male leg hair is hideous and ideally should not be on display but obviously I don't express this view to males in shorts with hirsute limbs. And I like how my legs look in sheer hose with no leg hair to be seen. My leg hair was so long it got caught in things so I wanted rid of it independently of the crossdressing. I could probably regrow it in 8-10 weeks but it must be about 6 years since I had leg hair more than 2mm long. The only problem is that a woman friend wants me to go swimming with her and I can't face explaining the smooth legs. I dare say could give a genuine reason for the smooth legs but the armpits as well? I don't have much chest hair but add that to the mix without arm hair removal and it all looks a bit odd. I know I could tell her but I choose not to - she is an ex from the days when I did not crossdress much.

Desiree2bababe
07-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Very nice of your wife. Lucky you! Treasure her

suzanne
07-20-2018, 10:24 AM
I've never shaved my legs, but I've been getting them professionally waxed faithfully every 6 weeks for the last 4 ears or so.

My story started in a dress shop. I had on an animal print pencil skirt with black leggings. An SA commented that I have very nice legs. I am a big, thick guy with legs to match, not really the supermodel type, so I had never before thought of them as nice. When I got home, I took off the leggings and took another look in the mirror. Maybe they weren't so bad, but they were hairy. Maybe if I had them waxed....

After several weeks of hesitation, I bit the bullet and made an appointment at a wax salon. When the day came, I didn't know how much pain to expect. Yeeeow! Fifty-plus years of hair growth tries hard to stay put, and my legs were so sore they were numb and red when the tech had finished. The next day, I put on a short skirt and looked at them in the mirror. I immediately loved what I saw and vowed to never again let them get hairy. Of course, the pain is now more like a mild discomfort, not as bad as it was in that first time and the hair now grows in so fine that you only really see it if you're looking for it.

I can see the advantages of shaving, but for me it comes down to how thoroughly I can do the job by myself. I feel like there will always patches that I miss, so I just trust the vision of a good wax tech.

Stacy Darling
07-20-2018, 10:53 AM
Because you're not a Girl?

Got me~

Stephanie47
07-20-2018, 11:01 AM
If you're furry and rid yourself of hair on the legs, then the next thing to do is to make sure chest hair is gone. More and more men seem to be almost totally hairless. It would look rather strange to have totally smooth legs, but, a hairy torso.

Jane G
07-20-2018, 11:29 AM
I only shave my legs now and then. I do love it though. My better half has a habit of pointing my shaven legs out to folk. Not quite sure of her motives, but it can make for fun conversations.

Gillian Gigs
07-20-2018, 08:20 PM
I use an epilator in the non-summer months and keep my leg hair trimmed at 5mm during the summer. It would take 6 to 8 weeks to grow out to the 5mm length from the last day of epilating. I have a daughter who notices everything, she asked me in front of everyone on fathers day if I shaved my legs. In all honesty I said no, and showed my leg close up and said, see the hair, one of my daughter in laws laughed out loud. A Braun Silk-epil 7 can shave, trim at 5mm, and epilate all in one, depending on head used.

Maddie_h22
07-25-2018, 01:32 AM
I don't shave my legs for fear of getting discovered. Maybe one day.

Rebecca Star
07-25-2018, 05:28 AM
I used to go to extreme lengths to hide the true reason to why my legs were shaved. Did the entire lycra/bike thing, and I'm really not that into it.

In the end, and maybe because these days it's accepted, I don't bother with any props.

Though, if I was in the closet and didn't have an accepting/supportive SO, then I'd probably still be making up excuses. IMO shaving, like so many other things, is something that is extremely relevant to one's own personal reality.

Aside from the my hairstyle, the rest of me is hairless these days.
One of the many advantages of having KS (aka 47 xxy), I grow hardly any hair on face, and have to shave chin/top lip maybe once every 5 days. These rest of me isn't that hairy either. Hence a quick run over with the lady-razor does the trick :)

Pat
07-25-2018, 10:32 AM
A little on-topic food for thought from Vera Wild, a burlesque performer/trans person: https://youtu.be/3tN6etZ92BM

Felicia M
07-25-2018, 10:47 AM
This fall my SO and I are going in for a pedicure together at her request....she's been asking me to do it for years. (long story) As I have said in other threads I wear Spanx tights skiing and she is fine with it. My next step after the pedicure is going to be to ask if she doesn't mind me shaving my legs for the winter. She knows I love the feeling of the tights so I am pretty sure she will say jump right in. Fingers crossed...

edit: will def epilate!

tammy1
07-25-2018, 03:37 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful ides, suggestions and thoughts. About a week or so before i shaved my legs, my wife and i were at a friends house for a group BBQ. Most of the men were in shorts. of the men present, about 1/3 had little or no leg hair, 1/3 had what i would consider "normal male leg hair", and 1/3 here "fur burgers" and "Neanderthal" members of the male society...we're talking furry girls. Making a comment to my wife (quietly on the side) i pointed out to my wife those visual rough leg statistics among male participants at the BBQ. I think this planted a seed inside her thought process, so when i initially commented about the hair on my legs, her suggestion to "shave them" must have something to do with her personal visual observations. Not the less, i jumped on it. i am loving the feel of "smooth legs" and have had to touch them up a few days ago. None the less, there have been no complaints and i have loving it! Thank you to my lovely and understanding wife. She is a GEM!!!!

Maid_Marion
07-25-2018, 04:13 PM
I just shaved my legs last week for the first time. Feels great! Will have to add this to my routine.

Sara Fina
07-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Can anyone recommend a good epilator?

biancabellelover
07-26-2018, 05:23 PM
I bought a Braun Silk epil 9 late last year. Not that cheap but recommend it! My wife (who only ever used razors) is a convert and uses it as much as I do.

Michelle

Sara Fina
07-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Thank you for the tip.