PDA

View Full Version : Does your chosen name become more prominet as time goes by,

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 07:36 AM
Mine does, I have given a lot of thought to this lately and cosidered my comfort level with my real name aginst my chosen name (Bobbi) and what I came to realise was that "Bobbi" is becoming an ever bigger part of my life. This does not cause me any angst far from it because Bobbi has given me a soft side, a gentle feminine side which in turn makes for such a quiet peaceful way of life. My nephew calls me Bobbi and so do the rest of the family that know.I now find myself using Bobbi at the bottom of messages and letters and all sorts of things.
My thought about all of this is that does your chosen name form such an important part of your life? mine is and I like it.

sometimes_miss
07-15-2018, 07:48 AM
My girl name is only used here, and only because everyone else does it. I didn't have a girl name until I came to this website.

Tracy Irving
07-15-2018, 07:57 AM
The name I chose for this site comes from what my name would have been had I been born a girl. I don't use it anywhere else. It serves a purpose and I am too lazy to change it to something I prefer.

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 08:21 AM
In many ways I think a name can impact on ones life as mine has with me, I also think ones lifestyle also is an ingredient to the whole thing. I can dress every day and do as I please but being "Bobbi" is becoming a bigger better part of me.

bridget thronton
07-15-2018, 08:34 AM
I use Bridget as my name on several social media sites and virtual worlds

biancabellelover
07-15-2018, 08:47 AM
What I love about my girl name is that I took time and thought about what is the name that suited me best. I didn’t like my male name until I was in my twenties.

Having said that, Michelle and Mxxxx are still in the same proportion as they have been. It’s a bit early to tell if that will change, as Michelle didn’t exist two years ago.

Michelle

Sidney
07-15-2018, 09:08 AM
I didn't label my fem side with a name until I came here. It felt so strange to use it. I given name is Sidney but all my life everyone called.me Sid except my.Mother and five aunts. Sooo Sid is my male name and I changed my female.na.e to Sidney. I don't favor Sidney over Sid since they both have always been me.

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 09:35 AM
my name on this site was ok at the beginning but as my femme side evolved and became part of my life i changed it to a more feminine sounding name and one which i thought encompassed my whole persona. but a name is not the be all and end all, a name gives an identity, a place, of feeling and being here and if we can relate to our name and our identity there comes a fulsome to the whole aspect of living a feminine life style.

Pat
07-15-2018, 10:10 AM
It's an interesting question. If you've been changing your identity characteristics and associating them to your chosen name, then of course it's going to carry all of that with it. And if the person associated to that name is more pleasing to you than the person associated with your given name, you're going to prefer your chosen name. But as you see from the replies, not everyone does that -- some say their names are mere "handles" that they use on this forum. I've had it both ways -- when I first came here I used the name Jennie. But as I started to change and those changes started becoming part of my real life, I switched to a name derived from my given name, Patrick. Then over time I realized that the "fake" identity wasn't Pat, it was Patrick and I had my name changed legally and my documents changed. Pat is who I am. Patrick is my deadname. ;)

DIANEF
07-15-2018, 10:29 AM
I've had my name since 1989 (before that I was 'Julie'). Only since joining this forum has it taken on any significant meaning. There are some members I regularly exchange PMs with and I think it's nice when we use our female names with each other as freely as any GGs would.

Barbara Black
07-15-2018, 10:59 AM
I picked a feminine name for a virtual world because I wanted to play a feminine role, not knowing just how far it would go until later. But I chose a name of girls and women that I liked through my life. But it is only used in this forum and in virtual worlds. The wife uses the name Barbara as a nemisis once in a while. She's still not too keen on my alterego.

Tracii G
07-15-2018, 11:04 AM
I haven't noticed anything to that effect.
It can go as far as you want to let it I would suppose.

Jean 103
07-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Yes, Jean is who I am now. I don't like it when called by my given name as I am no longer that person.

The only place I use my given name is at work. I’m out so they know. I could change my name but it wouldn’t work here. I grew up with these people so that's how they know me.

A few years ago I asked one of my new friends, the bar manager, what she thought if I were to change my name. I had been going there for a few months, and had made a lot of new friends. She said “honey you can call yourself anything you want but I will always call you Jean”. And yes she knows my given name.

GracieRose
07-15-2018, 11:43 AM
I picked a name for this site by changing 2 letters in my given name.
A simple name that has favorable connotations to me.
I always admired Gracie Allen. She came across as a ditsy blonde, but you could tell that she was one smart cookie.
I use it here, and when out and about en femme if I need to give a name (such as ordering at the counter). I am always pleased when I hear the name Grace announced to pick up my order.

Teresa
07-15-2018, 12:29 PM
Bobbi,
You stuck to the same formula as me , whether it was intentional or not . It was the forum that accepted my name as Teresa ( which did surprise me ) so now I can easliy move from one to the other , the shortened form is even easier , in fact I believe you can use Bobby in a female form but like me it's easy to change a Y for an I . I may finally use Terri but it's one aspect I don't lose any sleep over .

So did I like the full name Terence , well not really but I used it for thirty years in my Photography business , it had a better image across my client range . Do I like my femme name ? Yes very much , I was happy when the forum accepted it , maybe it was meant to be , Teresa suddenly became an entity , a real person .

Pat,
I remember Jennie , I hope you don't mind me saying but I preferred it , I guess it's knowing a Jennie in reality as a lovely outgoing person , I felt it suited you .

marshalynn
07-15-2018, 01:53 PM
How many of you get mail at your house with your female name? I am out to just about every one now, but I still wonder how I get mail from places I have never heard of with Marsha P------ on front, all the time. Marshalynn

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 04:01 PM
For me its a case of evolement, of a change, also an agreement of gender position but where this lies is that my feminine life is now a real part of me. Before in the early stages of my evolvement I wondered how this would pan out, would it be what I was looking for? or would I be dissapointed, and no never, its a journey, a path in my life where I find that I have everything I could wish for.
Turn the clock back no way because what I have now I could never reverse even if I wanted to which I don't. Now is where I want to be and I am very happy.

Sami Brown
07-15-2018, 04:05 PM
How many of you get mail at your house with your female name? I am out to just about every one now, but I still wonder how I get mail from places I have never heard of with Marsha P------ on front, all the time. Marshalynn

Funny you should mention this, Marshalynn. I did place a couple of orders using Sami, and I am now getting more and more make with that name.

Sami

Lana Mae
07-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Lana Mae was a made up name for this forum! My counselor uses it when I go to her dressed only! I am now using it at church as I am dressed feminine and everyone wants to know my name! Lana was the little girl who started all of this-ha ha ha! Mae was my mother's middle name! I have chosen a last name if I need one! Just my 2 cents! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Lana Mae such a lovely name it has a Hawaiin ring to it as well!.
I think ones chosen name has a very personal meaning to that person, a form of identity in their alta life just as mine is a femininisation of my given name but with the added femininty attached to it.
A way if you like of ones personal expression and outlook on and of life in general.

Alice B
07-15-2018, 06:59 PM
Yes mine does. I refer to Alice almost every day and when I play golf a lot. I borrow from Jackie Gleason ion the "Honey Mooners" and from "saterday Night'.When I miss a shot I yell "Alice - you ignorant ****"

Beverley Sims
07-17-2018, 06:53 AM
I have had mine from about ahe 16.