PDA

View Full Version : crossdressing to be cool

jacques
07-15-2018, 03:40 PM
hello,
It is very hot here in the UK this summer - so I am wearing a skirt at home in the evenings not to be sexy, not to be femme, not to crossdress, but just to keep cool.
luv J

VS Fan
07-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Hahah - doubt my wife would be ok even with that logic! :)

Sami Brown
07-15-2018, 04:03 PM
That same logic makes a case for nudism.

Sami

Teresa
07-15-2018, 04:14 PM
Jacques,
Perfectly sensible logic to me ! I'm wearing a very lightweight spotted Monsoon dress with just a bra and panties and it's so cool .

biancabellelover
07-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Chances are, I’d be nuded up! But I’d also wear heels.:D

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 05:27 PM
very hot here again indoors just a bra and panties but a skirt and top close by for if the is somebody at the door, sometimes it is very difficult to stay cool.

Michaelasfun
07-15-2018, 05:29 PM
Staying cool is one of my primary reasons for preferring womens clothes to drab. Shorts, crop tops, short dresses....all lend themselves to staying more comfortable.

Alice B
07-15-2018, 06:55 PM
I have tried that logic, but my wife always says "then why are you wearing a bra and forms" LOL

Jenny22
07-15-2018, 06:58 PM
Answer: "to be really COOL"!

ShoeziQ
07-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Well, I think kilts are common in that part of the world. The ones I prefer tend to be much shorter, but I think you can get away with it!
P.S. - I would wear the heels too.

DIANEF
07-15-2018, 09:16 PM
Jacques,
Perfectly sensible logic to me ! I'm wearing a very lightweight spotted Monsoon dress with just a bra and panties and it's so cool .

I'm with Teresa, minimal underwear and a lightweight dress, perfect for our rare hot spell here in the UK.

Tracy Irving
07-15-2018, 09:38 PM
An argument can easily be made for skirt over shorts but bra over no bra is a difficult sell if one wants to stay cool.

Veronica Lacey
07-15-2018, 09:53 PM
Exactly what I enjoy as well but only when the Mrs. is out and about. Panties and a slip or light knee-length skirt is great, much cooler than cotton male underwear and light shorts.

colleen ps
07-15-2018, 11:52 PM
I am in my skirt as soon as i have got home, Its ideal with the weather at the moment, but apart from at work, i am in a skirt all the time now. Its just so much more comfortable. Even the neighbours and friends no longer look or comment. Its just me being me LOL

susan54
07-16-2018, 02:31 AM
I reckon a loose dress is cooler than a top and skirt and in the heat I spend most of my time in such dresses. I have big fans going to keep cool, and love it when my skirts blow as I walk past.

I am Scottish and I own a kilt and believe me it is a very warm garment. It has 8 yards of wool in it!

One of the weekend supplements (sorry, can't recall which one) had an article about the advantages of skirts and dresses in the heat, and expressing sympathy for men.

Now found the article. It is by Caitlin Moran in the Times Magazine of 14.7.18. The Times has a paywall on its website so can't post the link in media section. She writes:

That dressing in the morning involves a series of decisions predicated solely on gender seems nuts. For instance as I am writing this column the temperature has hit 85 degrees in old money. I am truly sorry for every gender-constricted man walking past who is wearing a pair of work trousers instead of a pleasantly billowing cheesecloth maxidress. I can't help but think a lot of sweaty testicles are going to lead to a lot of unfortunate decisions on the derivatives market.

Kiwi Primrose
07-16-2018, 02:43 AM
I agree with Coleen, skirts all the time.
Winter in New Zealand now and I wear heavier and longer skirts most of the time. All the neighbours and visitors know and quite often comment favourably, never rudely.
Summer I wear light skirts and T's or blouses.

Krea
07-16-2018, 05:32 AM
It seems logical. I find wearing a short skirt in the house in warmer weather is cool and comfortable, even better than short shorts. My wife is fine with it and says it makes sense.
Practical and feminine. :cheer:

BrendaPDX
07-16-2018, 07:36 AM
In love the summer, light dresses or skirts for me. My favorite is a light nit short sleeve top and a lite skirt just past my knees. I do it for both the coolness and just because I love the feel of a mid light weight skirt. No corset on a hot day, just hold my tummy in:)

NancySue
07-16-2018, 07:52 AM
Yes and if you go for a drive, the breeze blowing up your skirt is both cool and feels great, especially when wearing hose. I’ve recently discovered a skort..and love them, but not as much breeze. Oh well.

Devi SM
07-16-2018, 07:54 AM
What a cool thread!

Rollermiss
07-16-2018, 10:04 AM
After a hot day, especially with all I wear with work. it is so cooling to just slip into a nice knee length skirt and a gausey top. covered yet comfortable.

Kelsey

QueenJeanette
07-16-2018, 11:29 AM
I haven't tried a skirt yet, I did a couple of summer dresses but, they make me look like the Tasmanian she-devil. If I loose 40lbs and learn how to put on some makeup then that might change. Bras are the same issue. I've tried 3 now and I'm going to need some help in that area with breast forms. I'll wait until my diet has worked out before I go back there again. So right now I cool off and put on my superman tee-shirt and favorite color pink boy shorts or thong and head out to the pool for a dip. So relaxing. Although I did discover that women's jeans fit me better then any of the male offerings.

Donna St. Marten
07-16-2018, 12:08 PM
We can rationalize anything, can't we?

BLUE ORCHID
07-16-2018, 01:05 PM
I Jacques :hugs:, That sounds like a great idea but,

I should run it by the Board of Directors first. >Orchid ..O:daydreaming:O..

Queen Bridget
07-16-2018, 02:21 PM
If I lived on my own, I'd be wearing a summer dress all summer around the house.

But until then, I have to settle for a thin dressing gown (Bath robe, to you americans :P)

Joni T
07-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Keeping cool in my book is male skivvies, shorts and flip flops. NOTHING femme when it's over 65*.
Jon

candice.aihara
07-16-2018, 07:00 PM
I wear tanga bikini panties when it becomes very warm / hot because boxers and briefs have too much material. And, I often wear tanga bikini panties underneath my workout clothes.

Gardener
07-16-2018, 10:47 PM
100% with you Jacques

stephaniestilley
07-17-2018, 02:30 AM
It's been hotter than hell lately so I've just been wearing dresses and skirts with no panties, good lord does it feel amazing! Lol

prettytoes
07-17-2018, 03:47 AM
Another way to help beat the heat is to shave those legs! I couldn't believe how much cooler my legs are without all that fur on them. I also just got a short gauze cold shoulder dress that is wonderful for the hot weather. I also like to wear my silk nightie when the temps go up...nice and cool.
I started a thread a while back about the news reporters....women wear sleeveless dresses and short skirts, while the men wear stuffy suits...I guess women are the only ones allowed by society to be comfortable in the heat.

Beverley Sims
07-17-2018, 07:36 AM
I have a couple of long cotton dresses I bought in Hawaii.

I have a pool also and tan lines from my bikini are a feature.

t-girlxsophie
07-17-2018, 10:22 PM
Consigned my tights to my top drawer,the weather's been fantastic and its a great excuse to wear summer clothes,Yesterday I wore a strapless broderie anglaise summer dress and wedges and it felt fantastic and cool

Sophie

Sallee
07-17-2018, 10:29 PM
Crossdressing is just plain cool

Barbara Black
07-17-2018, 11:38 PM
I'm with you Jacques. The weather lately has me slipping into skirts all the time.

Vikky
07-18-2018, 01:44 AM
In this heatwave we have been having in the UK to keep cool I have been wearing a loose summer dress, or skirts and light tops. Very pleasant.
Vikky

Jean. Ann
07-18-2018, 04:46 AM
Growing up I was so jelous of the girls
in their cool thin summer dresses and shorts. How
many times I wished I could have been a girl

J A S