PDA

View Full Version : seeing yourself in mirrors

Courtney_29
07-17-2018, 02:44 PM
it’s almost annoying a little bit, but lately if i see myself in any reflective surface i just can’t barely keep a straight face for long while in normal guy mode 😅, i either start giggling or thinking about my Courtney persona. does anyone else experience this? probably just have because i’m only a month into this and it’s new.

VS Fan
07-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Haha too funny :). Honestly I try not to look in the mirror in guy mode - I look like a goofball without my beard in my opinion but sacrifices must be made for my other self :)

Danika
07-17-2018, 03:13 PM
I think I rarely give myself a once over in guy mode in a mirror. Nothing to really see :)

Tracii G
07-17-2018, 03:23 PM
It does take some getting used to but at one point you will say hey she looks really nice.
Those are days where the make up and outfit are just perfect and you know it.
What you see in the pictures or in a mirror is the reverse of what you look like. Remember its a 2 dimensional image you are looking at.
I went out this morning and as I was checking my look and brushing my hair(wig this time) I looked at myself and thought my dryer must be shrinking all my tops.
Time for new tops LOLOL.

Tracy Irving
07-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I can't say as I have ever experienced that. Don't even think I understand the concept. So, I'm in guy mode shaving, brushing my teeth, combing my hair or just catch a reflection and and I start giggling? Oh, to be that happy!!!

Lana Mae
07-17-2018, 04:01 PM
No giggle but sometimes I am sad it is not Lana Mae looking back! Although, sometimes even in male mode it is Lana Mae! Strange, huh! Hugs Lana Mae

sarah_hillcrest
07-17-2018, 04:22 PM
I have a mirror reaction but its really different. If I have recently dressed for a few hours after switching back to drab from Sarah I keep seeing her in the mirror. It's almost like I see a stranger in the mirror, eventually it goes back to normal. I guess this makes me vain but I've always liked looking looking at myself in the mirror, though I'd much prefer to be looking at Sarah.

Robertacd
07-17-2018, 04:24 PM
Only time I have a reaction to the mirror is when I forget that I am wearing makeup.

It's always a nice surprise.

MarinaTwelve200
07-17-2018, 06:04 PM
In my case, I really cant get a "good Idea" of myself in a mirror---I keep focusing on different parts, etc. Or. perhaps, the "feedback" is too quick. I can only "really see" Marina from a photograph or video.----strange ain't it?

Stephanie47
07-17-2018, 06:57 PM
The thing about looking into a mirror whether in guy or girl mode is the eye sees what the brain wants to see. I do not take pictures in girl mode. However, when I see pictures of myself in guy mode those images are nothing like what I see in the mirror. When en femme around the house I stay away from mirrors. We have one full length mirror on a bathroom wall that I can look at myself at a distance. I look alright. But, get closer and the sight is nothing pretty. Frankly, I look more distinguished as a man than attractive as a woman. If I was still in my 20's I'd look great either way.

docrobbysherry
07-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Funny in guy mode? U must be young, Courtney. When u've looked at an ugly guy mug as long as I have, 75 years?

It ain't funny, Magee!:doh:

AllieBellema
07-17-2018, 07:00 PM
I have a full sized mirror in my room so it's hard for me to not look into it. When I'm in girl mode, it's hard for me to pull away from seeing my reflection as I'm just amazed on how well I look!

Alice Torn
07-17-2018, 07:51 PM
I don't always like what i look like as a man, but i need to accept . If not , it can lead to deep depression.

GracieRose
07-17-2018, 08:00 PM
I've observed that I don't take notice of my reflection in passing mirrors or reflective surfaces when I am in guy mode unless (too boring or depressing??).
However, when en femme I notice and usually smile.
One of the first times that I noticed this was walking up to the door of a department store on one of my earliest adventures out in public en femme. I noticed my reflection in the glass door without realizing that I was seeing myself. My first thought was that she had a cute outfit on, then I broke out in a grin upon realizing that I had unwittingly fooled myself.

t-girlxsophie
07-17-2018, 08:06 PM
I must be in a good place,for when looking at my femme self in the mirror,I seem to think,more and more hmmmm not too bad

Looking at the guy me,in the mirror doesn't really illicit much of anything

Sophie

Courtney_29
07-17-2018, 09:07 PM
yea i just turned 29 on july 9 and used to avoid mirrors as i suffer from anxiety and depression. Allie Bellema i do the same thing it’s hard to tear myself away from the mirror while en femme, as i like what i see usually and still amazed it’s actually “me” . i think i’m going to enjoy my 30s

Jaymees22
07-17-2018, 09:51 PM
I'm usually happier to see myself as a woman than a man.

abby054
07-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Mirrors are great! They let me see pictures of myself, even videos, but they leave no long term telltale evidence to guard. Unlike many CDs, I do not take photos of myself as Abby. Nice as they seem, photos never return to drab mode and are too difficult to secure.

Beverley Sims
07-18-2018, 01:11 AM
Yes, all the time.

alwayshave
07-18-2018, 06:06 AM
Other than combing my hair in the morning, I seldom look in the mirror. When enfemmme, I'm all about the mirror.

Brandi Christine
07-18-2018, 06:16 AM
In guy mode I smile at the only person who's in on my secret, and sometimes practice pouting & other girly expressions.

I can't get enough of myself when en femme:battingeyelashes:

Yukihime
07-18-2018, 08:14 AM
I love seeing myself en femme in the mirror - I wish more hotels had full length mirrors so I could see myself from top to toe. Even when just walking around, I can't help but try to catch my reflection, but that's also because I want to make sure my posture and poise are looking good, as well as to make sure my makeup is still going strong.

When I'm in male mode, I usually feel rather scruffy, so I've no interest in looking at that for long, haha!

Courtney_29
07-18-2018, 10:07 AM
amen on that while en femme i can’t help myself but to look at mirrors all the time. i also make those facial expressions too 🤣 just comes over me when i dress like Courtney takes over my mind lol

Jenny22
07-18-2018, 11:58 AM
Laughed again! I wonder who remembers 'Fibber Magee and Molly'?

NancySue
07-18-2018, 12:06 PM
Oh yes. I always look in a mirror when dressed..from a hand mirror to a full length mirror and store front windows. Never in guy mode. Sometimes I will put a hint of makeup on...light eyebrows, pink lipstick, a little mascara and yes, I do look in mirrors and windows.

ClosetED
07-18-2018, 12:34 PM
I don't think I have heard of a crossdresser who likes their male image more than their female. It doesn't matter if the female image is not the best, but just better in their mind compared to how they see the male image. And since I can't dress as often as I like, I look at my pictures to smile. AndI have a big smile in those.
Hugs, Ellen