PDA

View Full Version : Camping Trip With Wife

sarah_hillcrest
08-03-2018, 06:48 AM
(Sorry this long, just a big story I want to share)

I had considered going on a camping trip earlier this week, partially because I hadn't been camping in for awhile but also because I wanted to dress while I was there. My wife wanted to go if I could wait until later in the week so we planned to go Wednesday. On Tuesday night I asked if she minded if I took my girl stuff. She looked at me like I was batty and asked why. "I thought it my be fun to sit around the campfire at night as a girl," I said.

"You want to sit around the campfire at night in a dress?" she asked.

"Yeah just forget it, dumb idea, sorry," I replied, Wednesday morning we're getting ready and I'm packing she says, "Did you pack your best dress?"

"Umm, no." I said thinking she was just making fun of me.

"Well you should," she says. We go on to talk a bit more and she is fine with me dressing up at night. I went off to the store to get a few things and I'm so scatterbrained I forget my wallet. When I get back and I can't decide what to take, I settle on 3 dresses, forms, wig and bra. My bag has three times more girl stuff then boy. There was another reason I wanted to go camping and that was doing some shopping in a larger town that would be on the way. Years ago we had stopped by this consignment shop and I remember them having a huge selection of dresses. We found the place again and they did have a good selection of plus size dresses. My favorite dress is size 16, but most of my tops and dresses are either 18 or 20. Wife was really smitten with this rockabilly style polkadot dress and I was too, it was 22 and she was pretty sure it would fit her. I was having a hard time picking something out, dresses were all priced around 15 dollars and some were marked half off, including the one she picked out. There was one I liked but it wasn't marked down. I eventually settled on a size 18 dress that was marked down.

The campground wasn't packed but there were people not far from us and I began to realize that campgrounds like this are probably not a good place for gender experimentation. First off it seemed like most of our neighbors had little to do but sit in chairs and watch each other. Secondly a major past time at the campground seemed to be driving golf carts around on a parade and examining us as they drove by. We enjoyed some swimming, some walking around, and the obligatory campfire and smores, as well as lighting my lantern which is always interesting to see if it will blow up. We were hanging by the fire and each had a few glasses of wine. Eventually it was dark and she asked, "Is it time for the dress to come out." Our neighbors were still out but sitting around their own fire and far enough away that I hoped they couldn't see us. I stripped down and pulled out my bra and forms, "Oh you brought your boobs," she laughed.

I was struggling to try on the new dress, perhaps I had a bit too much wine, but it had a built in slip and I couldn't find the zipper and I got stuck and tied up in the dress. "I'm not going to be your handmaiden," she jokes and then we get up and eventually finds the zipper which is on the side. I pull the dress on but it won't zip up. I take it off and she tries it on and it's not going to fit her either. I get out a dress she bought me for Christmas last year and pull it on, then get out my wig. Now I'm aware that I'm standing in front of my wife dressed, and it's the most electric feeling in the world.

We sit back down together and drink another glass of wine, then the Raccoon shows up. He comes within a few feet of us and steals our chocolate bars so I chase him out in the woods and get them back. It was pretty funny. Some other things happen and I wake up at 6AM and look down at myself and see boobs under a different dress, a blissful way to wake up. Also find some interesting pics on my camera..

On the way home we stop and do a bit more shopping and I'm feeling kind of melancholy. Wife can tell there is something wrong and mistakes my sadness for some mistake on her part and says, "What more can you want from me." On the drive home we have a long talk and I explain I'm feeling guilty because I know I'm taking advantage of her good graces and that she doesn't want to be married to a crossdresser.

It was a really deep talk, for both of us and addressed alot of things. I told her I was starting to get worried because at any given choice I found myself wanting the most feminine one. We talked about mental health alot, she has experienced depression and crippling anxiety, she thinks I have not, and there is nothing wrong with me. She wants to know if I wish I could dress like that all the time and I answered truthful, yes, but I believed once the thrill of it was gone I'd be far less excited about it. We talked about her paranoia of me and consequently us getting caught, and I feel like I made some headway on that, because I was able to convince her it was paranoia. She encouraged me not to feel bad about what I had done, and that we should continue to talk when we had concerns. I think it was a really positive trip overall.

BrendaPDX
08-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Thank you for sharing, you have a very caring wife. Keep dressing! You have nothing to feel bad about, you got it all.

Traci H
08-03-2018, 08:07 AM
Sarah, you crack me up. What a fun and rewarding adventure in so many ways. Damn raccoons will steal anything edible and they are quite brazen around campgrounds I must say. I have chased many back into the woods.
Your wife is a keeper. What a level headed person in that she seems to be taking much of what you do in stride.

I have never dressed while camping. Now that it is just my wife and I, that would be possible but unlikely. Sounds like you really enjoyed the experience. A little wine didn’t hurt either I suspect.

Sidney
08-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Sarah, I am so happy and excited for you. What a wonderful story. My first wife and I did alot of camping around Europe back in the seventies and eighties. I was not aware of Sidney at that time. After reading your story I've been sitting here thinking about how much more fun those times would have been if I was out to her. LOL.
Wish you many more happy trips and conversations with your wife. A keeper.

Cassandra Lynn
08-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Thank you so much for the thread Sarah, I enjoyed it. Bless your wife (and you); your both being admirable in openly discussing your worries and fears, communication is always a very good thing.

Years and years ago (pre-acceptance of my gender variance) the idea of camping and dressing was foreign to me, I was convinced that I had to keep the outdoors thing as strictly a masculine endeavor.
Thankfully once I finally found my true self (thus far in my journey that is) and that I can and should live in both worlds at once, my love of nature and mama earth and the spiritual connection that I have out there; it became absolutely natural to do so while dressed.
I do it rather plainly tho, ladies jeans or khakis, bra and forms and blouse with some earthy looking flats. In fact, I just got back from the high country earlier this week and as it was during the week I had a campground nearly to myself and it was blissful, I even splashed around in the freezing cold creek (after a long day hike) in my skimpy pink bikini bottoms.

Anywho, great story and thanx again for sharing, best wishes for you and your wife in finding that all importance balance and true peace in your marriage.

Cass

Rayleen
08-03-2018, 06:32 PM
You seem to had a great time, I used to camp a lot, but never engage in crossdressing then with the kids .
Hope you have more camping fun with your wife.

Rayleen.

Anna Stouf
08-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Very nice story, Sarah. You are obviously doing something right.

Take really good care of your wife. Be sure all of her emotional needs are met.

She is a keeper.

LydiaL
08-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Camping while dressed is a real treat. I have done it many times in years past. More so when I traveled with a 4x4 pick-up truck with pop-up camper. Access to remote (and therefore private) areas quite possible then with many fond memories hiking about in the Rockies en-femme with the company of my faithful (dog) friend.

Not so much now. Travel trailer and the desire for more amenities means other close-by campers is increasingly typical. Gotta break out of this trend! Perhaps mid-month on the next scheduled camping outing. (At least pack some ladies clothing and cosmetics just in case the opportunity to dress arises.)

I loathe the day that I must pack a rocking chair to set up alongside the campfire rather than a folding camp chair!

L

Tracii G
08-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Hope it was all what you thought it would be and that you two enjoyed yourselves.

t-girlxsophie
08-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Thats a really nice story.That your each thinking of each other's needs is a good basis for a strong marriage

Sophie

Beverley Sims
08-04-2018, 05:00 AM
Sarah, I am pleased that you are making headway with your wife, her attitude seems to be softening a little.

Take advantage of it by all means, but don't push too hard, you can undo things really quickly.

sarah_hillcrest
08-04-2018, 07:11 AM
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments alot. Yeah Beverley you are right, her attitude has changed slowly. I'm sure almost all you ladies with SO know this, but the key for me has been such very small and incremental changes as to not shock the system. I think its part of having a more female mentality but I try to think of her as much as I possibly can. Even getting her silly little 1 dollar gifts when I go to the store means so much.