PDA

View Full Version : A recent conversation between me and my partner

Charlotte7
08-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Mostly I work from home and when I do I tend to dress, general office wear mainly, I like to keep a distinction between work and non-work. It would be all to easy to make every day a pyjama day. To keep the day structured I like to go out at lunchtime, sometimes I visit local places, have a walk in the park or suchlike, (I don't go out dressed). Sometimes, when the mood takes me I'll head into the town centre and have a look to see if anything catches my eye - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, my partner has always known about my dressing, and is more than happy for me to dress when and as I want. So, a few days ago I headed into town and found a new skirt that I liked. It was a must have, and so I bought it, (I also got a couple of new tops too). Anyway, when I got back, I put my new skirt on, not with one of the new tops though, that would have been a horrible pattern clash, and then worked through for the afternoon. In the evening my wife arrived home from work and after greeting each other, the conversation went something like this:

Her: New skirt?
Me: Yes
Her: You look good in it. Sainsbury's?
Me: Yes
Her: £18?
Me: No, £9, it was half price
Her: It's nice, I had my eye on those and was going to get you one when they were reduced

She often comes home with bargains that she finds and she's very good at finding them. Last night she gave me a new kitchen apron. It was from Heal's and having the nose for a bargain that she has, she got it for £4, and not the original price of £39!! I ask you, who would pay £39 for a kitchen apron? She's definitely a keeper, (well, we've been together for over 30 years now) and it's great to be treated every so often.

biancabellelover
08-03-2018, 10:28 AM
That’s a lovely story. My wife is similar, and regularly buys me skirts, dresses and blouses she thinks I’ll look good in.

Michelle

suzanne
08-03-2018, 12:07 PM
I love your story, as well as your wife. IMHO, that's how it should be: crossdressing is not a big deal and it can even enhance a relationship. Thanks for illustrating just that.

DaisyLawrence
08-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Tickety-boo. Sounds like a normal day in my house. As Suzanne said, crossdressing is not a big deal and it can even enhance a relationship. I needed to say that as well because soon all the doom mongers will pipe in with their horror stories about how this is a one in a million relationship (which it isn't, of course). Worth at least two smilie people :) :)

------------------

By the way, for those outside the shores of old Blighty (England), tickety-boo means 'hunky dory' or 'fine and dandy' or, if you are still struggling, 'everything is just fine'. Don't you just love language?

Bobbi46
08-03-2018, 01:19 PM
I do not have an SO but what a nice thing you have going between yourselves, out in the open, no hiding no unsaid secrets just nwhat a good relationship to have, I am very pleased for you, your one of not many to have this amicable life together.
A lovely story for all of us.

Teresa
08-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Charlotte,
I know what the working at home can mean sometimes . I know you have to make an effort to keep it business like . I had to walk a dog for years so at least it gave me a routine to the start of my day , then of course there was always the possibility a customer might wish to call . I have had occasions when you would have found me in my PJs if I had a rush job to push through the darkroom , so I might print into the early hours or push myself out of bed in the early hours .

It would have been great if I could have been accepted like you and wear what I liked but at least I could dress in my darroom even when the family were at home as no one was allowed into the darkroom .

That Sainsbury deal sounds like a good one maybe I'll take a look . £39.00 for an apron , no way !! Thanks for sharing .

CONSUELO
08-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Sounds like the relationship is on an even keel. Enjoy and best wishes.

Maid_Marion
08-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Yes, a keeper for sure!

Kimberly Adams
08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Awesome story. Happy for you.

RADER
08-03-2018, 05:30 PM
My wife did much the same thing, But she would use the catalogs. My size is not found
often in the stores.
Rader

Rayleen
08-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Charlotte,

great story, she's a keeper for sure...treat her good and nice to see a great relationship

Rayleen

Kiwi Primrose
08-04-2018, 03:09 AM
You're very lucky Charlotte, both with your wife and working from home. Your story is similar to mine, helpful accepting wife and home office. It is hard to beat for time available for dressing.

Beverley Sims
08-04-2018, 03:45 AM
I may not have my wife buy clothing for me but we do shop together.

It makes for a wonderful relationship.

If only there were more supporting wives.

alwayshave
08-04-2018, 06:02 AM
Charlotte, nothing like a great deal. It's great that she is supportive and is concerned how much you are spending.

Krea
08-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Charlotte, that's a great story. My wife will also sometimes come home having bought me something fem, or tell me about something she has seen which might suit me. It's a wonderful feeling of acceptance isn't it. :)