PDA

View Full Version : Reading glasses. Oh, NO!

SherriePall
08-03-2018, 10:43 AM
A little background. Told my wife about 20 years ago, nearly 25 years into our marriage. (Please do not use your calculators!)
She was totally upset, but settled down after a while to a basically DADT situation. She knows I have a stash on my side of the closet, in bags. Too many, she says. I have bought make-up from Avon when she orders non-make-up items. She washes my intimates. Hasn't seen me, live or photos.
OK, that said, she was on a GDO the other day, a day after a shorter, weekly GDO. The shorter day she assumes I get all dolled up (usually finds fingernails lying about somehow).
The second day she came home, went for her television (I was going to abbreviate that, but changed my mind for obvious reasons) glasses, but couldn't find them.
"Where are my glasses?" she yelled to me after first yelling my name in the manner she does when I leave something lying about.
On the coffee table, I replied innocently. Then I realized I had been watching television while wearing my femme glasses which she had just found. Which meant that I had put her glasses in my femme glass case.
She stressed that she needed them immediately and followed me to where I had placed the wrong pair.

Back off, I warned her so she wouldn't come too close to my overflowing femme wear and other items.
I retrieved them and gave her the proper pair. I, however, think she snucked a peak through the slightly 0pen door.

So, a warning to all. Even if all is picked up and put away, your face is cleaned of all foreign material, and your body goes straight up and down, with no curves visible, your SO will still catch you.

Robertacd
08-03-2018, 11:28 AM
she was on a GDO the other day, a day after a shorter, weekly GDO.

What's a GDO?

Elizabeth G
08-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Girls day out

caryn m
08-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Im guessing its Girls Day Out???

Helen_Highwater
08-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Sherrie,

These are the dangers of borrowing anything of the SO's even if it's for a short length of time when wrapped up in what we're doing while dressed. It's a warning to all new CD'ers still gathering their own items together to exercise the greatest of care with anything belonging to your SO. Squeezing into dresses, skirts or blouses that are too small for you will without fail result in jammed zips, popped buttons, torn seams.

Necklaces were the string breaks scattering dozens of tiny sparkly bits all over the floor, the unexplained loss of a clip-on earring, their shade of lipstick on your coffee cup.

Full and total demarcation is the only option but then a pair of glasses is there just at the time you need them and...........

Tracii G
08-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Don't think for one minute that she hasn't been thru all your girl stuff.LOLOL

DIANEF
08-03-2018, 12:59 PM
This is why my policy is to never use anything belonging to my wife, not so much as a spray of her perfume.

Teresa
08-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Roberta,
To the techie radio guys GDO would mean Grid Dip Oscillator ( for checking the frequency of radio coils ) !

Nowdays I would prefer it to mean a Girl's Day Out !

Sherrie ,
I feel for you , I'm so glad all that is behind me .

SherriePall
08-03-2018, 03:26 PM
Sorry, ladies. I did mean GDO to mean Girls Day Out. At our age, nights out do not last as long as they once did.
Secondly, no I did not borrow my wife's glasses. I just mistakenly took them and put them away, thinking I had my glasses. Unfortunately, I left my pair out in plain sight for my wife to find.
Sorry, about any confusion.

Richelle423
08-03-2018, 03:47 PM
I think it’s no biggie. I work in retail and have a co worker who needs reading glasses. I’ve seen him wearing foster grants in rainbow and in purple frames. They’re cheap and I gues they work for him. He’s big and tall maybe 6’6. Plus I’ve seen other male co workers wearing reading glasses that might look like women’s but if they need them to read it’s just the purpose not the style. I am at the age when I need bi focals.

Beverley Sims
08-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Sherrie, I hope for you that things will be better one day.

alwayshave
08-04-2018, 08:14 AM
I have borrowed my wife's reader when I have gone out and needed a girly pair. However, since my eyes have deteriorated a little further, I have gone to progressives, which I can wear in either mode.

AKADonna
08-05-2018, 05:17 PM
I normally wear male bi-focals and for dressing as Donna, I bought a pair of feminine reading glasses and they seem to do the trick! Just FYI

Victoria_Winters
08-06-2018, 05:54 PM
I wear glasses normally so when I’m dressed up as Vicky, I don’t wear any. I feel it makes me look far more different. Basicly the Supergirl/Superman disguise. When I see myself without them I nearly recognize myself so I think it helps.

Contacts are awesome. :). You can also order fashion glasses with basicly window glass so if you want to wear glasses to give your self a more girly look you can...

MsEva
08-28-2018, 06:27 PM
Sorry, ladies. I did mean GDO to mean Girls Day Out. At our age, nights out do not last as long as they once did.
Secondly, no I did not borrow my wife's glasses. I just mistakenly took them and put them away, thinking I had my glasses. Unfortunately, I left my pair out in plain sight for my wife to find.
Sorry, about any confusion.

Oh sorry Sis, my SO has contacts...lucky me. I do know what you mean though.

BLUE ORCHID
08-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Hi Sherrie :hugs:, Look on the Bright Side, At least she didn't throw your thigs out in the front yard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >Orchid ..0:daydreaming:0..