PDA

View Full Version : How essential are forms in regards to your dressing?

Charlotte-Jones
08-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone! This is my first thread! After a few days posting, I think I am finally confortable enough to make active thread posts myself!
So assuming you are reading this, Yay! :jumping:

So as the title asks, how important are breastforms to your dressing? How much of an impact do they have and how integral it is to the process?

I ask this because i only recently got my first wig a few days ago prior to introducing myself, which were both things i didn't even know if I would ever do, at least not at this point in time.

I had essentially told myself that a wig wasn't necesary and that i could go on without one, but the more i completed the rest of my look and my wardrobe fem expanded, the more it felt like it was just blatantly missing.

After having aquired one, I can definitely say it makes a big difference. At least for me.
I even had myself a little bit of a photoshoot! :heehee:

Because of this, the idea of forms has resurfaced for me again. While i can make due with socks, I can't help but wonder if i am really missing out. :straightface:

But enough about me. What are your feelings on the matter?

Piora
08-05-2018, 09:32 AM
They never used to be - and I was evidently happy without them - but I recently bought my first set of forms, and they make a huge difference, that I really didn't think would happen. I got a pocket bra at the same time since the forms are 40Ds. They are a bit on the heavy side, and aren't adhesive at all. They really do an amazing job of increasing how feminine I feel when wearing them. They even jiggle like real boobs do when I walk. I'm just sorry I waited this long to get a set of those.

Aunt Kelly
08-05-2018, 09:44 AM
They are, to me, as essential as they would be for any woman who wants to look "normal" and can't, for whatever reason.

Tracy Irving
08-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Not essential, but important, for sure. They tend to help clothing fit properly against the body. When out in public they are a big help with presenting as a woman.

dana digs sweaters
08-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Hi Charlotte, what type of female image are you trying to create for yourself?
One for private use where you would NEVER go out in the world? One for pics to post on the Net?
A wig obviously completes the picture.
I couldn't wait to buy breast forms because I did not want to rely on socks that I used growing up.
Seeing Jodee forms in JCPenny's catalog spurred me on growing up.
Perfectly symmetrical all the time and the weight of them in the bra I was wearing made them seem even more fantastic!
Definitely gave a bounce in my step as I walked in heels the first time with them :cheer:

Pat
08-05-2018, 09:56 AM
It sounds flippant, but the answer is that they are not essential until you decide that they are. It's a pretty common story on this site that people did without them for a long time, then tried them out, loved the result and can no longer dress without them. Pay attention to your feelings and decide if they're important to you (yet.) Don't get them because someone else thinks you should, but don't put off getting them if you feel they're the next thing you care about. One thing that seems a constant is that this is a step-wise endeavor -- you fix the thing that's bothering you most at present and when that's fixed, the next-most important thing rises to the top. ;)

biancabellelover
08-05-2018, 10:14 AM
I have B cup breasts, and wearing a padded sports bra brings them up to a D (like in my pic). I’ve recently started adding extra padding, because I LOVE big boobs.

What I have been wearing a lot lately are hip and bum pads, as I find that my hip and waist curves are just as important to my feeling feminine as my bust.

Michelle.

NancySue
08-05-2018, 10:30 AM
For years, I used substitutes too, i.e. rolled up hose, rice in knee highs etc., but never feeling fulfilled. After reading several threads, I took the big step and bought triangular breast forms. Immediate elation. Now, I never dress without them. They definitely are an essential part of my wardrobe. I have two sets. Both feel fantastic...weight, bounce, etc. Like your wig experience, I believe once you have them, you’ll feel all new feelings. Do your research regarding size, so your forms fit your cup size. There are many web sites for help. Incidentally, all my bras are underwires which keep my forms more in place. Have fun.

sarah_hillcrest
08-05-2018, 10:35 AM
For me dressing has been like many things I've gotten into during my life. You don't realize you need something until you use it. For instance, I rode thousands of miles on my bike between the ages of 13-18 and I didn't buy my first pair of cycling shorts until I was 19. Now I never ride without my shorts and I own about 8 pair, some costing well over 100 dollars.

When I started dressing I was turned off by the activity becasue MIAD gives me no pleasure. I began to experiment, makeup first, wig, then bra with socks, then I made my own balloons willed with gel polymer which worked OK as forms until one day blew one up. I bought some inexpensive silcon forms from ebay and while I know they aren't perfect, they work great and won't explode in your bra!

Brenda Freeman
08-05-2018, 10:38 AM
I started dabbling with various feminine wear like many, hosiery and panties and slips. When I tried and started dressing fully a wig, forms and make up became important any time I dress. I think they complete the look and feel right in a bra. For me forms are a must short of the real deal!

TheHiddenMe
08-05-2018, 10:42 AM
I don't use forms. I somehow ran across Annabelle padded bras at JC Penney and they give me the shape I want.

sarah_hillcrest
08-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Yes, body size is really important and can determine what you need, a padded bra could easily do it. I actually have larger boobs then a GG friend of mine who runs.

Sallee
08-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Forms are definitely not essential. I knew a professional FI, drag queen who never wore them. but her look was impeccable. I use to use water balloons They leaked afew times LOL. Now I have forms and I love them i have several different sizes. I like the bounce the convenience and the look I wouldn't put them at top of the list but they definitely would be on it. A wig at least to me is more important as far as getting a good look

bridget thronton
08-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Forms he!p some of my dresses fit better - but they are not essential to my dressing

Alyssa Lane
08-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Breast forms, haven’t ever thought I didn’t need them, then I bought really good ones and wear them just about 24/7 wishing there was real ones in there. Only a 34B, but I love them, usually in a sports bra from lululemon. Maybe I might get the next size up. As I have 34D and DD and they are too big.

Charlotte-Jones
08-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Oh, and Dana. To answer your question...im not quite sure tbeh ^^"
For the time being, I largely dress exclusively for myself and in my free time. Im pretty closeted...
Im nor sure where I wanna take my dressing in tye future but i suppose these are things i should think about.

Also, Pat you are absolutely right. Thanks for the comment, I think i really needed it. Im still figuring myself out so its nice someone is here to keep thing a bit more grounded too!

Lana Mae
08-05-2018, 11:13 AM
To me, they are part of what makes Lana Mae Lana Mae! I did not want to mess around and bought ~$200 forms! They are "C" cup as I felt that was about right for my frame size! When I have them on and look in the mirror or even down I would not trade millions for that feeling! I do feel however that a good wig is the crowning piece of all we wear! Enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae

Millisense
08-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Hi Charlotte, I am a newbie as well, and also closeted. I bought 32 dollar Y-not self-adhesive C cup teardrop shaped forms on Amazon and while they gave me "jiggle" etc., and were overall a good value, I was a little disappointed as their size just didn't conform to my chest correctly (I have A-cup breasts anyway and it was like sticking a mountain on a mole-hill -- they looked odd.) For them to look right I still would've had to pad. That said I do still use them.
But I bought another pair of the same kind, this time A-cups, and I love them, I don't need a bra wearing them for the most part, even after the adhesive has worn off mostly, and the shape is perfect -- if I squint my eyes wearing them topless they look like a natural part of my chest. I wear these all the time, have them on under my nightgown right now, no bra.

So I think the thing is to find the kind that fit you best, and you'll find it a definite upgrade from socks.
Also, in my limited experience they're not effective under padded bras at all, they don't add anything that socks add.
I find sports bras, bandeau or some front-close sporty-type bras work best, though with the large cup forms some of those choices are not as supportive as those forms are quite weighty.

ETA: I'm not endorsing 32.00 breast forms as the be-all, end-all of forms; I just wanted a relatively inexpensive option to try. If my dressing proceeds to being in public/attempting to pass, I would upgrade to a better option because these cheaper forms, while sturdy enough, have overly pokey nipples. Titillating in a nightgown, but a little too obvious in most blouses, etc.

Desiree2bababe
08-05-2018, 11:29 AM
From water balloons to today's realistic breast plate, boobs have always played a large role, perhaps not the finale that always makes me feel like a woman, that award goes to long blonde wig, 5 inch spiked heels and long stiletto or dragon lady nails.

Ressie
08-05-2018, 11:37 AM
You're right about the wig. A wig has a higher priority than forms for achieving a fem look. I have two sets of forms and I really like them. I've looked at myself all dressed up with out them and I kind of look like a woman with very small breasts. So in that regard they aren't essential.

There are other cheaper methods than using forms that give a similar affect. I started with stuffing a bra with socks when I was young.

Felicia M
08-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Not absolutely essential but I will say previously my breast of choice was flour in a ziplock bag LOL! They worked pretty well but I finally broke down and ordered breast forms. Once I had them the question became "what took me so long?"

For me, the right wig and then learning how to do makeup were and are the essential ingredients. O and false eyelashes! OMG

Alice B
08-05-2018, 12:34 PM
I feel that wearing a wig is very important once you have applied make up and are dressing. They go hand in hand. Wearing a bra and forms is a must in complenting not only your look, but in creating the feeling of being female. Of the two I feel that it is the most important. That wearing your bra with forms can be a sole event many times, without and other form of dressing. For me, due to two years of accidents, injuries and surgery it has become my major connection to my female side. They sort of keep me grounded, keep my female feelings alive and with great supprise has resulted in total acceptance from my wife. I am now in my 11th day of wearing my forms 7/24. Needles to say I have more than one bra and three sets of forms. I feel naked without them. Of course if I go out, they will come off. As soon as I am back home they go back on and life at home goes on as normal. I cam add light make up and lipstick withoit negative comment.

Helen_Highwater
08-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Charlotte,

Not essential, I can dress around the house and be comfortable without them. That said if I do wear forms then it does make me feel more the genuine article so to speak. I could never see myself going out dressed without them.

What you will find is forms will have the same effect upon what you see in the mirror as your wig has. Dresses, blouses and tops fit better, the image is more of a complete one and if you read enough threads on the subject, the issue of bounce and movement will come up time and time again.

Teresa
08-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Charlotte,
The easiest way I can answer this is take a look at my avatar, would that dress have worked without forms ? I didn't actually have room for a bra and that picture was taken by Shelly ( mod ) at the front of a hotel where we had a summer bash .
"
I make my forms just big enough to give me a balanced figure so I end up with 36/37" bust , 31" waist and 37" hips . I'm naturally about a 36b so I do need a little something to boost what I have .

Having a reasonably shaped and sized bust to me is important , I know most UK size 12 clothes will fit .

Sometimes Steffi
08-05-2018, 03:22 PM
I started by stuffing socks in my bra. That was fine for a long time. Once when I was in college, I saw a crossdresser at an outdoor Halloween party. It was dark, but the first thing that gave her away was that the socks she stuffed in her bra were coming out everywhere.

Eventually, I wanted to take it to the next level, and I bought forms in a size C for me. I would never go back. I would never dress without my forms, except when trying girl's clothes at a retail store while in boy mode.

The biggest difference: Socks look somewhat realistic; forms feel somewhat realistic. It's a huge difference.

Michaelasfun
08-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Forms are #2 only to my wigs as an essential now.

Queen Bridget
08-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Most of my outfits don't look right and sag around the chest without without forms. Since they were designed with a woman's chest in mind.

I don't use them when going MIAD for cosplay though. It would look odd :P

Allisa
08-05-2018, 04:14 PM
When going out and about they are essential but sometimes(rarely)when staying home I will go without. A large part of being my femme self are breasts.

AKADonna
08-05-2018, 04:35 PM
If you are at all serious about dressing, a nice set of the proper size forms is essential. After going to Lane Bryant for a bra fitting, the ladies there taught me about projection and how important a factor that is when dressing. There are s many dresses and tops that are designed to accomodate a feminine bust and if you wear that top without a bust, it simply won't fit correctly. That said, when I first began to dress, I went for the "Big boob, Bimbo look" and just had to had DD cups with huge forms. My advisor had me go to the Mall with a clipboard and make not of how owmne my age were dressed when shopping. After a couple fo hours of doing so, I came back convinced to "Dress to blend in" with older women. That means a little looser straps on the bra which allows my forms to ride a little lower in my underwire bra. Each of us has different dressing objective and it will take some experimenting to achieve your desired look.

Rayleen
08-05-2018, 04:47 PM
In the start, had stocking fill with rice , Water balloon,bra stuffed with soft material. As you move along, you will see what you want and need.

It depends if you can afford a pair , you best to wait and bye a good pair, silicone. It will last better.

Rayleen

BLUE ORCHID
08-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Hi Charlotte :hugs:, ~~~~~ ( ABSOLUT )~~~~~ >Orchid ..O:daydreaming:O..

Charlotte-Jones
08-05-2018, 06:20 PM
It terms of size, i pretty much have that figured out.
I already came to the conclusion that if i got any, I'd prefer C/B forms. (Maybe both just to have the option)

I find something simple magical about taking on a more natural shape. Its a lot less raw, but a lot more sincere if those words are applicable.

One of the bigger problems suppose is just how it is essentially impossible for me to find any in my skin tone. (Im african american).
So while things like self adhering forms and the plates sound great, they aren't really practical for me.

Another thing is that unbeknownst to me until recently, i came to realise that all of my non-sports bras are padded, which I heard isn't ideal.

Lastly....i guess im just worried about people in my household finding them.
Its one thing to find womans' underwear and clothes in your son/brother's room. But finding fake breasts is a whole other...

There i go rambling again.

In terms of finalcial, it really isn't too big a deal. And I guess emotionally i am ready. (Although I do worry if im going at it a bit to fast). Its more I guess that im...intimidated.

Jamie Christopher
08-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Forms for me are what differentiate me from a man; my shape... men don't have breasts, and it just goes from there... No mistaking that...

Jamie

alwayshave
08-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Charlotte, I bought my first pair of forms on eBay at auction for about $30. B cup. My wife convinced me they were too small for my frame, I have purchased Cs and Ds as well..

Yukihime
08-05-2018, 08:42 PM
I can't do without mine any more - I effectively started my main crossdressing journey by buying the best pair I could find! There is just something about feeling their weight hanging from my chest and pushing against my arms, that just can't be replaced or fulfilled just by dressing alone. I think I would riot internally if I ever had to stuff my bra with old shirts and other things like I used to in my younger years. It would be better not to dress at all, if I couldn't use my forms.

On the flip side, I spoiled myself silly by starting with custom made forms - now I can't really accept cheaper (but easier to wear forms) other than for convenience purposes, which really hits the wallet hard.

Chelsea B
08-05-2018, 08:49 PM
There are many times that I dress in private that, for one reason or another (usually time constraints), I won’t go for wig and makeup. But I never go without my forms. They are essential to my femme experience, and of course a huge (no pun intended) part of the outfits that I wear.

Kimberly Adams
08-05-2018, 08:49 PM
I used water balloons for the longest time and finally splurged on some really nice breast forms. If I'm getting fully dolled up they are essential. I also have a really nice corset but don't use it much.

Ressie
08-05-2018, 08:59 PM
There was a member here a few years ago that pretty much insisted $400+ breast forms were necessary. To each their own huh?

Janine cd
08-05-2018, 09:21 PM
I find them absolutely a part of being feminine. I would never dress as a woman without forms and a wig.

Rachael Leigh
08-05-2018, 10:53 PM
When I began to go out like many here I didn’t use them I used a variety of ways to give the right look.
Then I bought my first set then got another set and I do love them as they help give me I think a more natural look which
for me is important when out

Beverley Sims
08-05-2018, 11:23 PM
They may not be necessary, but they are a great figure making accessory.

I could not leave home without them now.

Brandi Christine
08-06-2018, 05:43 AM
The first time I put on a wig (a long time ago) I got this tingly feeling inside, the first time I put of false eyelashes a few weeks ago, that feeling returned. I have a set of forms, I can't wait to get dressed up with them on, I know that's going to feel soooo good.

As I go further into getting dressed up, I find I have more and more 'essentials,' maybe it's the addictive nature of crossdressing, maybe it's just me...

Stephanie47
08-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Decades ago when my wife discovered my vivid red Vanity Fair bra she asked, "Why would a man wear a bra when he has nothing to pack into one?" Valid question. Back then I was using a Nerf ball I had cut in half to fill my bras. No weight. No bounced. The answer I would have to my wife's query is there is more to wearing the clothes than just the clothes. It is part of the mind set. If you're going to emulate a woman, then you have to look like a woman and act like a woman. Most women have boobs that are noticeable. Some women are flat chested.

I still have those Nerf ball halves in a box. But, I have opted for water balloons. I view them as an inexpensive route to having a female form. I can enhance the cup size to reflect how I want to appear any given time. I have not had a problem with leakage or bursting. The main reason for me is to have the feeling of the weight and movement any improvised breast would have. Water balloons or manufactured breast forms serve the same purpose.

Hair? Suffering from male pattern baldness generates the need for a wig just as if I was a woman suffering from hair loss.

Veronica Lacey
08-06-2018, 10:24 AM
I always prefer to wear forms when dressing as they fill my clothing out nicely and presents the female figure that I appreciate.

Robertacd
08-06-2018, 10:54 AM
When I first started forms were mandatory but now it really depends on the outfit, my mood, and the look I am trying to achieve.

So now it could be anything from my natural little boobies to one of three pairs of forms in three sizes.

BTW: I am not wearing forms in my profile picture, just a padded push up bra.

Ceera
08-06-2018, 01:45 PM
When I started, nearly 5 years ago, my first priority - other than the clothes themselves - was a heavily padded bra. I have an A-cup chest without forms, but the bra made me look like I had a decent C-cup. It even looked like I had a bit of cleavage! And the clothes fit so much better with that bra on! But I was only admiring the look in the mirror, while home alone.

My second priority was a wig. Had to cover my obvious male pattern baldness. My first few wigs were just costume-store junk. $20 to $30 long wigs that had too much of a plastic sheen to them to pass for real. I still wasn't going out in public yet. Heck, I still had a full beard, so there was no way I could pass for female then!

But it wasn't long before I wanted to go out and be seen. For that, shaving off the beard, getting silicone breast forms and foam hip pads and a better wig, and learning to use makeup were essential for me, as was working on my feminine speaking voice. I also learned to tuck 'the boys' out of sight, using a thong-type gaff. Wow! I couldn't believe the difference it all made! That padded bra looked nice, but felt like firm foam couch cushions, not breasts. The moment I hugged someone, or tried dancing close, it would be obvious they were just padding. No jiggle or give at all. So I bought some silicone breast forms from Janet's Closet - the older style with a polyurethane cover and some liquid silicone in the middle. Put them in a pocket bra, and wow! When I moved, and especially when I danced, I jiggled and bounced like a real lady in a light-control bra! I think those breast forms were one of the biggest points in giving me the confidence to go out in public. The hip pads helped a lot to enhance my figure. And the makeup really transformed my face. I was ready to be seen in public!

About that same time, I also started wearing female clothes that were marginally unisex while presenting male. Women's panties under women's stretch denim jeans, a women's belt, women's sneakers, and eventually women's sandals, worn with unisex t-shirts. No heels, skirts or obviously female blouses. No wig, makeup or forms. First glance said male attire, but the details said female. So I was still 'dressing', just not overtly feminine.

===

Fast forward 4 years. I am now living most of my public life as a woman, and am about to commit to full transition. My best wig is real human hair, 20" long, and cost way too much. I have at least 8 other wigs, less expensive synthetic ones, in a variety of natural colors, lengths and styles. I have a selection of 6 different kinds of breast forms, ranging from C-cup to DD-cup, and mostly solid silicone or gel type ones. Which breast forms I wear depend on the clothing I want to wear, and on how much I want to blend in, or attract attention. Most of the clothes in my wardrobe are female, and the only time in the last year that I recall wearing completely male attire was to attend a funeral for a woman who had been the mother of a male friend, and that woman had only ever known me as a male.

If I had to rank what was important to me now, it depends on if I am trying to present as female or not.

Presenting male, the clothes are almost all that matters. I have pierced ears now and always wear earrings, and I have my nails done with acrylic nails and feminine color and shaping 24x7. But I don't need anything else to feel comfortable in public in women's jeans, wedge sandals and a t-shirt, possibly even carrying a purse.

Presenting as a female, my ranking would be my gaff thong, then my wig, then makeup, then the breast forms, and then hip pads. I've gone out in public in a bikini, with just the gaff thong, wig, breast forms and makeup, and passed quite well. I think I could possibly pass as female with just the gaff, wig and makeup, but the breast forms put the lock on it, for me. So yes, for presenting in public as a woman, I feel breast forms are essential.

Patience
08-06-2018, 05:46 PM
I thought forms would be absolutely necessary and in fact bought a pair of forms before I even owned a bra.

When I came out to a friend and had her check the forms, she remarked at how heavy they were, and she was right. I also didn't like that their color did not match my skin tone and how cold they felt against my body when I put them on.

Since then, I have purchased some bras and bathing suits. What I found is that there are some tops (like underwire bras) that retain their boob shape regardless of whether the wearer has boobs or not. That's how I do my tops now. Plain empty bras. My silicone forms are in their box, collecting dust. Maybe I'll convert them into a pair of naughty bookends.

Xox,

Tina V.

DIANEF
08-06-2018, 06:20 PM
I have boob forms which I like but they don't look that much better under clothes than the good old water balloons I used to use, they do feel better however. I'm also a relatively recent convert to hip pads, essential now if going out but not always worn in the house.

joanna4
08-06-2018, 06:21 PM
3/5, I use them when I can but there are items such as bralets and crop tops that won't work with them

Victoria_Winters
08-07-2018, 12:12 AM
I use them. I don’t like the look of me without them when en femme. They can be heavy and font match my skin also but I don’t wear reviling clothes. I have considered a chest plate so I can show cleavage but I have to find the colar. Overall I love them.

I have two types. Foam and silicon. The silicon feels more real but is heavy and don’t breath sweaty chest... the foam is lighter and breathes well but the feel is now the same as real breasts and they absorb sweet and nerf to be cleaned differently than the silicon ones which takes more time.

Cheryl T
08-07-2018, 12:31 AM
From the day I received my first set of silicone forms they have been absolutely essential.
They just make me feel so much more complete. I can't express it fully, but they just make me feel right.

Bobbi46
08-07-2018, 01:04 AM
Forms are very important if not the most important part of my dresing, forms complete the look and an inner more increased feeling of femininism than without forms. I have not dressed without forms but in those inbetween moments of not being en femme it feels like a part of me is missing.

Charlotte7
08-07-2018, 02:02 AM
In my world, where I dress, not necessarily to look like the girl that I want to be, (that's not really going to happen in my case, it's a bit hard when you're a dead ringer of your father), but more to become the girl that I know is inside me, there are two things which are very important. The first is the skirt, yes, I know that, probably, most women and girls don't wear a skirt every time they get dressed, and there a examples from around the world of skirted garments being menswear (the Scottish kilt being one example), but for me, the skirt is the barrier garment in our society which can define what is, and what isn't a girl, bearing in mind that GG women and girls are not defined by their clothes, they are defined by who they are. Me, I don't have that luxury, I'm a born male and so use the skirt to cross the line into girl. Likewise the bra. The bra is probably the one garment that men generally don't need to wear. As I've said above there are examples from around the world of men's skirted garment but I can't think of a bra type garment for men. Also, as I said above, in reality most women don't wear a skirt most of the time, but they would almost certainly wear a bra. Therefore, for me to fully cross into the realm of the girl, then I need to wear a bra, and if I'm going to wear a bra (and yes, I'm definitely going to wear a bra, I'm wearing a bra now, as I type this) then it is also essential that it is padded somehow and forms are the best way to do so. So, yes, they are essential for me.

Danielle_cder
08-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Just as stated above they are not essential, women come in alll shapes n sizes and everyone is entitled to what they think looks good!

But for me, breasts are very important. My look is not complete with out them. Once I put my boobs on its defiantly woman time!

BrendaPDX
08-07-2018, 07:52 AM
I fall into the essential category, if I am going to dress I wear forms, I have a couple of sizes but generally wear B or C. Love all of the responses. Thanks for asking:)

Asew
08-07-2018, 10:37 AM
I never had forms, but for the longest time I used balloons. In the last few months I started to wear skirts nearly daily (while still dressing more fully maybe once a week) and have little desire for the fake boobs. It has gone from essential to non-existent. This is mainly due to accepting a non-binary presentation.

Millisense
08-07-2018, 11:02 AM
One of the bigger problems suppose is just how it is essentially impossible for me to find any in my skin tone. (Im african american).

Lastly....i guess im just worried about people in my household finding them.
Its one thing to find womans' underwear and clothes in your son/brother's room. But finding fake breasts is a whole other...

The breastform store has some forms in "sable" color, decent price, and there's others I came across when shopping myself, though skin match for anyone is difficult, mine don't match me.
Magic curves has tan, dark, and chocolate tones, I don't know that company specifically.

I absolutely agree with you Charlotte on the last thing as I went through it last month: breast forms and wigs too are not really explainable, so be sure you have a safe hiding place. I live alone so it was a lot easier.

Let us know if you decide to buy and how they look/feel!

StarrOfDelite
08-12-2018, 01:21 PM
My personal opinion is that breast forms are essential to the overall look of femininity. As many on the thread have pointed out, women's clothes are cut so that something on the order of a C cup is pretty much essential to fill the garment properly. That's why even GG wear falsies to help with certain outfits.

On the other hand, I think that people have to be careful not to go overboard with the D and DD breast forms. Males tend to have wider shoulders, more developed deltoids, latissimus dorsi, and pectoral, and wider lats than a woman, and it's easy to project a top-heavy look which emphasizes the person's masculinity. I am tall and slender with typical mascuine shoulders, etc., and am definitely in the group which needs to be careful about looking top-heavy. My pects already project to almost a B cup, and so I usually use just a pair of what I call "chicken cutlet" breast forms which take me to a C size, which looks appropriate on a 5-11, 150 pound Trans. You can buy the chicken cutlets at Joann Fabrics, but I prefer to pay a few bucks extra and buy them online to get the kind which have a flesh-tone color, and a markedly feminine nippple.

AKADonna
08-13-2018, 07:54 AM
To me, forms are one of the most essential parts of CD'ing. A bra is the most feminine article of clothing there is and having breasts really provides a lot of femininity to me. The SA's at Lane Bryant have shown me how important projection is to dressing properly. Many tops and dresses are designed and sewn to fit a more feminine figure. SInce I am older and now dress to blend in with women my age, I even wear larger forms with bra straps extended to give more of a mature, lower hanging, "saggy" appearance. (The natural effect of gravity and time). I fit right in, it seems!

phili
08-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Zero!

I love my breasts as they are, and they do all the things on-pregnant breasts do! I alter some of my dresses to emphasize them ever so slightly, and sometimes it is just fine to have them just be equal parts of my upper body with everything else.

Rhonda Jean
08-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Depends on what I'm wearing. Until (many years ago now) I figured out that with a little help I could have credible cleavage, I wouldn't be without them. For me, showing cleavage trumps having bigger boobs, I went through period of time when I wore no forms or inserts at all. I quite by accident bought a pushup bra that just did it all by itself. That's the only bra I've ever owned that I actually wore until it was threadbare. By the time I figured out that not just any pushup would do (including Wonderbras, gels, air padded... you name it) I couldn't even read the tag so I could go find another one. I've never found one that did what that one did, but I've found several others that suffice. Right now (this changes from time to time) I'm using the silicone inserts from Walmart and make sure I wear a bra that covers the insert and not much more.

Eboni Robinson
08-13-2018, 11:59 AM
I had a big and natural chest since I was teenager. Having my breasts sucks in male, but en femme they feel and look amazing to me. They really cement Eboni's look.

Andrea2656
10-06-2018, 07:37 AM
I was thinking about the same question and found this thread when I searched forms. I think I would pose a slightly different question. Not forms versus socks or rice or any other breast substitute. The question is:

How important is having breasts to your cross dressing? Is it the feel of women’s clothing or is being more like a woman.

For me it is the latter. My cross dressing started with bras and the delicious feeling I got when I had something filling them. So for me forms are an essential aspect because I feel that having breasts is central to my cross dressing.

Maria in heels
10-06-2018, 07:52 AM
For me, forms are definitely an integral part of Maria. I too started as you have, using socks and other things just to try and create the look. Being able to have my forms was the best thing that i ever bought ... they make me feel 100%, and i am so comfortable when i just wear them under a plain t-shirt because I can "feel them" and the weight reminds me that they are there. I do have several pairs, ranging in size and style/shape and my newest breastplate top is beautiful and i'm in love with it, but my forms feel so much more natural still and i go back to them.

DMichele
10-06-2018, 08:16 AM
I wear a bra or bralette, both with light padding, every day (~36A), usually without breast forms or silicone enhancers. On weekends I generally wear a bra with the enhancers, which provides an appropriate 36B for my small frame.

I will occasionally wear forms, which provide ~36C, on some weekends.

Day in and day out, wearing a bra seems and feels right (i.e. congruent with my gender ID) even though I don't need one physically.

wearingtanpantyhose
10-06-2018, 10:11 AM
I dress almost every day. I work from home and don't take the time to get myself ready for the world, usually only wearing panties, pantyhose, a cami top under a blouse, a skirt and flats. But when I want to present as a woman, you can be sure I'll have on a wig, jewelry, makeup, a dash of perfume, and a bra with forms (and higher heels, too!) Slipping my forms into my bra for the first time was memorable, and I still love it.

CynthiaD
10-06-2018, 10:29 AM
They are absolutely essential. With forms and a wig, I'm complete. It doesn't matter what else I'm wearing (as long as it's somewhat feminine).

When I got my first forms, I put on my bra, inserted my forms, slipped on a top and stood in front of the mirror to see what I looked like. To my surprise, I didn't look any different. So I decided to take them off. But I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bear to take them off, and ended up wearing them all day. I later realized that my forms made me look like I'd always pictured myself in my mind's eye. Therefore, I didn't look any different. I couldn't take them off, because I'd finally found a way to look normal, and just couldn't stand going back to looking weird. After many years, I still feel that way. Forms make me look normal. Breasts are an essential part of who I am.

There are other ways to make breasts, but (apart from surgery) silicone breast forms are the best way to do it. They weight the right amount, and make your bra hang down in a way that looks and feels natural. The more expensive ones are soft, almost like real breasts and will make you look and feel like a lady. I wear mine constantly.

t-girlxsophie
10-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Personally speaking What s the point in not?

Sophie

Maria 60
10-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Before I joined this community, I would dress only with the clothes, never considered jewelry or a wig and make-up. Now I would not ever considered dressing without my wig. I never considered breast forms because I seen they we're expensive and would be very awkward if someone found them. I used water balloons for the longest time, they did the job but I was always worried if they would break in my closet or when I was wearing them. I would have to go back in my history to see what day it was this year when I decided to buy a pair of forms. I did some research and one morning I called a crossdressing store and I took the plunge and went there fully dressed and bought my first forms. It was an amazing day and now just like I can't dress without the wig, I can't dress without the forms. This site really completed Maria and it looks like it's doing the same for you.

Rachelish
10-08-2018, 07:11 AM
I tried all sorts before getting forms: balloons, bean bags, socks, but nothing felt right. When I eventually got a pair I wished I'd done it sooner and wouldn't go out dressed with anything else. I've found it best not to be tempted to go overboard on size. I originally went for C cup but found B suit my frame much better and so look much more natural. They needn't be expensive either.

Solange
10-08-2018, 07:38 AM
I will echo what many gurls have said about forms being a critical part of dressing femme and that bras are a sensuous delight. I'd like to add that bouncing up and down the stairs is one of my favorite activities when dressed. Nothing feels more female than breasts jiggling in a sheer bra.

Krisi
10-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Not just the forms, the wig and hip padding are necessary for me to feel like I look like a woman. Without any of these, I wouldn't bother.

Wiccle
10-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Only got some just over a year ago & hardly use them. Not essential unless I want to look like Alex (no affiliation with anyone on here btw).

Sallee
10-08-2018, 12:18 PM
I always used something water balloons, socks anthing that filled the bra. But once I got real forms I was hooked. The bounce , the look, jow they fir the bra. Forms breast and butt are critical Can't leave teh house with out them

Alice B
10-08-2018, 02:08 PM
A must wear item. I wear them every evening and to bed and most mornings.

Janine cd
10-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Forms are absolutely essential to completing the feminine form. I can't wear a bra without feeling the wonderful tug of the forms against my breasts.

nikkiwindsor
10-08-2018, 09:38 PM
I've never had forms. Just homemade dried peas in a stocking. They look real (within a padded bra and under a dress) and bounce naturally. And once (not happy about it) a man at a club groped one of my breasts. I was shocked when it happened and he said "I wanted to know if they were real."

Becky Blue
10-09-2018, 01:20 AM
Forms are not essential but some kind of breasts are, as I am quite slim, i am often happy to have small b cup breasts, I can achieve that with a simple padded bra and small inserts.

Rachelakld
10-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Not overly important to me, probably 30% breast forms, 70% push up bra.

With breast forms I need full cover, but with push up bras I can show more skin.

Vikky
10-09-2018, 03:12 AM
I started of with tights filled with rice, OK - but.
Now on my second set of forms - on the first set the plastic edging split. Now on second set and as they get regular use they are beginning to show signs of wear.
Womens clothes are designed and made on the assumption the wearer has a bust, so I consider forms are essential for the full effect.
Vikky

valerie anne
10-09-2018, 04:52 AM
I have used forms a bit, but now I have got a little bit of wobble to work with, I find that with the right bra, I can present naturally, maybe with the help of chicken fillets for the cleavage.

I favour a plunge bra with underwires. I have discovered that the band is crucial in moulding my shape. Normally bras in small cup sizes only have a narrow band with two hooks, but recently the fashion seems to have been for much deeper bands. The bra I am wearing at the moment has a deep band of 3" and a 3 hook clasp.

It's more difficult to fasten, but once in, I really feel snug and supported. The wide band acts a bit like a corset, and pushes more into the cups.

This style of bra is s lot more comfortable, partly because they often come with wider straps as well. I have gone up a cup size due to the extra support of the wider band.

DanielleCD
10-09-2018, 08:53 AM
I went years without anything under my bra's. i just tried to find bras with the smallest cup available in my band size. Felt nice in general... trying to stuff my bras was not satisfying in the least so never thought much about it until I learned about breast forms.

I researched for weeks.. which I tend to do about anything and finally bought a set from the Breast Form Store. Wearing them the first time, with the correct bra 42B, was amazing. The feel, weight and little bit of bounce. The slightly snug fit of the bra with the cups filled... well, I don't dress with out... ever. I eventually broke down and bought anther set, larger of course! D cup... with large, wide shoulders, I can pull off the larger ones with the right outfits. And again, the weight, the feel, the bounce, the shape... just feels so right. I try to wear tops that enhance the look... show the shape and cleavage without being ****ty.

In the end, I never dress without... a little but of waist cinching... or a Spanx slip, tightens my waist and gives me a little bit of hip, not only completes the look but now I fill out the shape of a dress properly. Just need a little more butt!

Stacy Darling
10-09-2018, 09:09 AM
I'm still not a Forms girl. I do have a padded bra & padded yoga/sports tops though!
Stacy!

Jamie Christopher
10-09-2018, 03:48 PM
I'm definitely a forms woman; they change my shape into definitely not male, and just love the feel of breasts between my upper arms.

Jamie

valerie anne
10-09-2018, 04:56 PM
A second reason why I don't use forms much is that I like to promote my real nipples. I love them wobbling in the front of my bra, and I often go out wearing nipple suction pumps.

I sometimes get heavy and sore, with some fluids, and it is nice to discretely nurse myself and ease them off, slipping in an absorbent pad.

HollyGreene
10-09-2018, 09:41 PM
I started off with rolled up tights, and then moved on to old stockings filled with millet seed, which felt much better and moved more naturally. Then I got several of those adhesive silicon bras and built up breasts using those.
A few years ago I bought a real set of forms and I was hooked. Loved them because they felt natural and gave a realistic profile to my figure.
A few months ago, one of them burst, so I had to stop wearing them. That was a lot more traumatic than I would have guessed. I just bought some new ones, which are a little bit bigger than the old ones. They fit my body shape and size much better, and now I feel whole again.

Veronica4me
11-14-2018, 04:13 PM
I like to mix it up between a bra with forms in it (as I'm wearing now) and oversized padded bras that really make me look buxom. I love the feel of the silicone breasts and to see the nipples come through the front of the bra.

Jenny22
11-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Charlotte, I wear my Amolux forms every day in various bra types. I absolutely love them. When I lift and gently squeeze them, they feel so fantastically real.

Kas
11-18-2018, 03:06 AM
Never had forms and never want them (or any other type of stuffing). Not necessary IMO. Forms and padding feel too fake for me.

HollyGreene
11-18-2018, 03:49 AM
I made do without them for years because they were quite expensive and not so easy to obtain.
Then those self-assurance breast enhancers came along and you could buy them in the shops quite easily. For some time, I used several pairs of those, layered to form breasts. It's even possible to use them to make a natural looking cleavage from the flesh of your chest.
eBay arrived, and suddenly it was a lot easier to get almost anything. The price of forms dropped, and it became possible to get things delivered to a collection point, and not to your home address.
Once I got my first set of forms, they became essential for me. They do have a limited life and I was devastated when I managed to damage one. I ordered a new set as soon as I could.
Wouldn't be without them now.

AllieBellema
11-18-2018, 09:09 AM
I have forms and I make sure I'm wearing them when I do dress up as I wouldn't feel complete without them. They're not big so, if not for the corset I wear most of the time when I dress up, they would probably not be noticeable. However, as I mentioned... I wouldn't feel complete without them!

Alice Torn
11-18-2018, 09:19 PM
None at all. I use doubled water balloons, and they work fine.

Lacy PJs
11-20-2018, 03:55 PM
In my case, it's more of the feel instead of the look. So, no, forms aren't essential to me at all. Besides, most of the fem items I wear aren't at all form fitting so they're just not a factor at all. In fact, I don't even have any... nor do I plan to get any. I have much higher priorities than that.

Lacy PJs

FrannGurl
11-20-2018, 08:57 PM
I had a very nice set years ago.

Ive thought of buying another set from time to time, but prefer to go natural these days, even if they're isn't much there.
I never would want to be more than a size B anyway, at most. I do wish there was a proven, safe way to give me a little something
more, perhaps with herbal supplements, ect. but even those can be bad for you, and believe most do nothing anyway.
I do miss how a good pair of forms feels on you though.