PDA

View Full Version : Where's your nail polish?

GracieRose
08-06-2018, 05:28 PM
My wife and I spent the weekend at the lake with my in-laws. Before we left, I removed the pink polish from my toenails. I am out only to my wife (who tolerates but is concerned that anyone else might find out).
Out on the boat, I was sitting up in front with my sisters-in-law and we all had our feet up on the table/footrest. Noticing that all the toes were painted except mine, one of them jokingly asked me why my toes weren't painted. I hesitated a minute, then told them the truth (knowing that they would assume that I was joking). I said that I removed it the day before because their sister didn't want anyone to see it. While laughing, one asked what color it was. I hesitated again, and about the time that I decided to follow with the truth again, someone said that it was probably pink. I agreed that it was pink, they laughed again, then moved on to the next subject.
No one seemed to have a clue that I was telling the truth. I smiled, having gotten a kick out of the exchange.

Patience
08-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Ah, the joys of living a double life.

Xox,

Tina V.

Bobbi46
08-06-2018, 05:33 PM
You know what to do next time don't you? keep your toe nails varnished! you can always say something like your toes look better like that and go from there.
it was similar a long time ago when we had friends round and the conversation turned to hair styling and cutting and my now ex referring to pubic hair said Bob doesn't have any! I smiled to all and sundry as if to say yes so what and we moved onto other things.

marika_jaye
08-06-2018, 06:41 PM
My SO is terrified that someone is going to see my pretty pink toenails. At the Lake the other day, about 70 miles from home, I asked if she wanted me to cover them. She put on a brave face and said no. People noticed, but nothing was said.

Is this progress?

Alice B
08-06-2018, 07:00 PM
My toes have been painted for years. My wife accepts this, but is alwayas worried that someone other than famly will see. I take the color off for trips, etc. I just had surgery and again the color was removed Today I had by toes painted again and hawe new open toed sandals which is all I can wear for a while. She just looked at me, shruged and said nothing. I am taking her out to lunch tomorrow, painted toes and all.

Tracii G
08-06-2018, 07:02 PM
I have done things like that in the past and people figured I was just kidding.
One guy made fun of my hair tie holding my pony tail he was teasing me because it was pastel blue with sparkles.
I said OK if you want I'll wear a pink fuzzy one next time.
He said Oh no you don't have to. I said no I'll wear it just for you big boy.
His girlfriend was laughing at him and said you should do it. I told her I deff would and I did the following weekend.
His GF braided my ponytail and told me how cute the hair tie was.
We had a fun time at dinner because she sat on his left side and I was on his right and we pestered him all thru dinner.

Maria 60
08-06-2018, 08:43 PM
I only painted my toenails once and because I had like a grove line down my toenail the red was in the grove and I thought I got it all out. A week later we are on vacation with our feet in the pool and of coarse my daughter will see a hair out of place. I guess in the water everything looks bigger and my daughter asked me if my toe was bleeding because I had dried blood in the grove. Thank God I used red and not pink or I would of had some explaining to do.

Jaymees22
08-06-2018, 09:44 PM
I usually have my nails done with a very light pink nail hardener, no one notices but I know it's there so I'm happy.

GracieRose
08-06-2018, 09:48 PM
I usually have my nails done with a very light pink nail hardener, no one notices but I know it's there so I'm happy.
I once put a clear coating on my fingernails. As soon as my wife spotted it she said that everyone will notice and I better get it off right away.

Diane Smith
08-06-2018, 09:57 PM
I am a schoolteacher, and twice a year get the honor of going through the ritual torture known as parent-teacher conferences. Last time, out of a dozen or so dads I met during a day and a half of meetings, two of them were wearing sandals with brightly colored toenails. One red, one sparkly blue-green. Nothing, of course, was actually said about it. I have seen at least one other father of a student who regularly shows up at school picnics and such with polished toes. Who knows how many more may have been concealing pretty nails under their closed-toe shoes!

It seems like the trend is catching on, at least in certain circles. I'm not sure this is a thing worth hiding anymore.

- Diane

Mistyjo
08-07-2018, 01:50 AM
I have had my toes nails painted for years now I wear flip flops everywhere when I am not at work. I have purple with a glitter nail polish on now. Lots of people notice some have ask me why I have my toes painted I tell them because I like to have them that way
Other say nothing and just smile.
I believe most people don't care if your toes or finger nails are painted or not

Beverley Sims
08-07-2018, 04:10 AM
The truth never hurts and is often unbelievable.

I often tell the truth. It's fun watching the reactions.

When I was younger I remarked that a girl was wearing a nice dress, I was asked if I wanted to wear it and I said yes.

There is nothing like the truth.

Teresa
08-07-2018, 04:28 AM
Gracie,
It would have been nice to have left one little piggy painted ! You must take care with certain shades , I wore polish on my fingers and toes the same shade as the dress in my avatar , I probably won't wear it again because the staining was so bad . If I was in your situation my toes would have looked green !

The problem I have is I have no one to remind me and now days I tend to forget I'm wearing nail polish . Only yesterday evening I walked my dog and met a lady walking , I remarked on her nice toe nail colour she replied I like your colour , for a moment it didn't register but then thanked her and explained why I was wearing it .

BLUE ORCHID
08-07-2018, 09:48 AM

Hi Jaymee :hugs:, That is Exactly what I also do, I often get compliments on my nails. >Orchid ..O:daydreaming:O.

kayegirl
08-07-2018, 11:39 AM
I always wear a colour on my toe nails, currently a teal green, but for a long time, I had them dark blue. We were on holiday and at the swimming pool, when one of the guests asked why I had coloured nails. Now this guy, a bit older than me, had loads of body tattoos, and was wearing lots of bling jewellery, so I told him that my painted nails were instead of his bling and tattoos. He apparently liked my response because the next day he had his own nails painted purple.