PDA

View Full Version : A day out with the wife

Michelle Crossfire
08-08-2018, 01:34 AM
Yes, you read that right. I went out with the wife, dressed last Friday. She had promised me the week prior, but things fell apart and it did not happen. However, I think she was more interested in the upcoming closing of Elder Beerman. We have one about an hour away and there was somethings she wanted to get. Most stuff was 70-80% off with an additional 20% given at the register. She ended up getting around $330 worth of stuff for just over $61. I even got a few things in there as well. I wore a jean skirt with a light pink blouse, full makeup, a pair of hoop clip earrings, necklace, snake bracelets and a ring on each ring finger (Wedding ring set on the left). I wore a pair of new shoes that really needed breaking in, and my toes are still sore today because of it (I have sores to prove it). I am trying to use some saddle soap to loosen them up, otherwise, I won't be able to wear them again. I had a long wig on, and my wife kind of likes this wig. She said so, that's how I know. It was a warm day, around 85F and somewhat humid. We actually walked thru JC Penney, into the mall and then to Elder Beerman. Because my shoes weren't totally broken in, I was walking much slower and actually could not keep up with her, and she is usually the slower one. We initially went to Clothes Mentor to sell some things, but were too late. Will have to try again another time for that. After a quick dinner thru the McDonalds drive thru, we headed home.

Sorry, no pictures this time.

Will it happen again?

Beverley Sims
08-08-2018, 02:39 AM
I am sure it will happen again, and again............

Going out with the wife always puts the final seal on things.

Everything after that seems so natural.

Elizabeth G
08-08-2018, 05:34 AM
Hi Michelle,

Wow! It sounds like it was a great day. I hope I'm in your shoes once day (well not literally, at least not until they're broken in :lol: ).

Elizabeth

alwayshave
08-08-2018, 05:59 AM
Michelle, It sounds like a great day with some great deals.

Meghan4now
08-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Awesome! Did she have anymore comments or observations? Elder Beermans closings. So sad. That was a big part of my childhood memory.

Tracii G
08-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Why no pics of the wonderful day?

Rachelakld
08-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who visits that food chain and that you and your wife had fun.

Diane Smith
08-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Nothing can turn a pleasant outing into an ordeal like a pair of shoes that hurt your feet! Hope you find something more comfortable for next time. I'm glad to see you were able to enjoy it despite the pain.

- Diane