PDA

View Full Version : A few firsts for me

Karmex85
08-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Hi this is accually my first time posting. I read the forum A lot lately and finally decided I'd make a post because it has helped me in quite a few areas with myself and my wife. You all are a great community and so helpful to each other.

I've done a couple of firsts lately as I'm out on a work trip so I feel a little less uptight but I decided to get some heels which I've always wanted a pair but to scared to buy them I decided to go to a payless shoe store (Not much in area and wanted to try a smaller store) I asked the SA if she could tell me my shoe size she was fine with that. I kinda choked up a little bit and asked if she could tell me it in women's shoes. She happily agreed "of course I can" and smiled. Found out I'm a size 9 and started looking at all types of heels. She later came over seeing me staring for awhile and started to helpcasked if I've worn them before which I replied no and she suggested a nice low pair light pink not to over the top I fell in love with them. As we where checking out she mentioned socks and leggings and pointed over to women section which kinda felt nice and fluid not awkward.

Thank you all for helping me with the courage to get something I've always wanted to enjoy. I'm still nervous but hopefully next time I can find out my correct waist size (I'm a 32 in men's if anyone is similar)

First post
First time shopping in a store and letting them know it's for myself
First set of heels

bridget thronton
08-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Nice set of firsts

Brenda Freeman
08-11-2018, 10:23 AM
You are off to a good start. It is so wonderful when a sales person is helpful.

Nikkilovesdresses
08-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Size 9 feet? 32" waist?

The world is your oyster. Enjoy!

Stephanie47
08-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Welcome to this forum. With the internet it is rather simple to research your size for women's clothing. Just about every on-line retailer has charts to figure out sizes based on body shape, height, and dimensions for chest, waist and hips. It is also helpful to become knowledgeable about types of fabric. Some fabrics do not have any stretch so the garment will fit tightly while others stretch and are more accommodating to sizes. If you're interested in purchasing a dress rather than a skirt, you have to also consider the size of your chest and hips. It can be a lot of fun to peruse sites like JCP.com to figure out sizes and styles for different body types.

Michaelasfun
08-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Welcome and congrats on your firsts! I made a lot of mistakes starting out guessing at sizes til I figured it out. Your way is much more efficient lol

Elizabeth G
08-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the forum. I've shopped at a number of Payless stores and without exception have found the CA's to be friendly and helpful. I wish I were a size 9 - you have so many more choices available to you. Congratulation on your firsts and enjoy the shoes!

Carolina
08-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Welcome!
I know my size in women’s clothing better than in men’s. Having said that, I do know I’m also a size 32 in men’s waist and use a 10 for skirts, sometimes a 12 depending on manufacturer. My problem is the shoulders (like many of us, I guess) thus I need a size 16 for dresses. Best thing is to have the dresses altered to remove a bit of the waist. It is more expensive but easy to bring the dress to a cheap tailor/seamstress to have it altered “for the wife” ��
you are lucky with a 9 shoe size! I’m at the limit with a 10.5 or 11...

Beverley Sims
08-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Karmex, seems like you are off to a good start.

Crissy 107
08-11-2018, 01:34 PM
The thing about shopping is it gets easier the more you do it. I like shopping for panties almost as much as wearing them.
Crissy

Maid_Marion
08-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Congratulations! You may want to buy your first clothes at at thrift store to get a rough idea on clothing sizes and what fits your particular body shape. You can only get a rough idea, one manufacturer's XS is another's medium!

I bring a tape measure to measure across the armpits. That is usually the key measurement for me.

Tracy Irving
08-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Congratulations on the new shoes!

Sizing is all over the map but I would start around 10-12 and take it from there.

alwayshave
08-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Karmex, Welcome to the form and congrats on building up the courage to buy heels.

RADER
08-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the forum, Glad you found us.
Congratulations on your 1 St Post and you other first's.
You are among friends, so surf around and enjoy.
Rader