PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyable!

Lana Mae
08-11-2018, 01:07 PM
I got up this morning, ate breakfast and got dressed! I got in the car and went to the gas station to fill the tank! I had to stop at the ATM and pick up some cash! I drove to Winston-Salem where the doctor recommended by someone has his practice-a sort of dry run! I stopped on the way up to use the lady's room and again on the way back! I cheated as I know a gas station near Lexington that has single person restrooms! I was going to stop at IHop to eat but it was jammed! I then drove around Old Salem and it was packed with tourists and college students! I started home and planned to stop at IHop in Ashboro but it was jam packed! I drove on to my home town and got food at a McDonalds drive through and ate it in the parking lot! Something my wife and I used to do! I drove the rest of the way home and was greeted by my loving puppy, Nikki, as my daughter went out to lunch with a friend! Oh, yes, and my LOUD cockatiel, Toby, who barks like a dog! LOL Thanks for listening/reading! Hugs Lana Mae

Beverley Sims
08-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Good for you Lana, IHop sounds like it is popular in your area.

Yes cockatiels are loud, mine just flew off and went back to his cage for a feed.

Try listening to television when there is an outside scene with bird sounds in it.

Now the galah is off "Hello boy!".

Oh boy! :-)

Allisa
08-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Lana I have only one IHop near me and it is always packed all day, there are a few Denny's near by but they are packed as well. Good thing I live in NJ where there is a diner in every town, sometimes 2 or 3. I am known in a couple of them and very welcome by the staff. In a few days I'm going to have a talk with the vet about Buddy the attack pug, he's 16 and has a slew of ailments, I'm afraid he won't be coming back home. Sorry about the downer but it's on my mind constantly. Good luck with your therapy and your HRT.

Jaylyn
08-11-2018, 02:47 PM
Lana the I Hops in Texas are always busy, all day long. Sounds like you had a good day though.

Tracy Irving
08-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Sometimes we need a day like that. Glad yours was enjoyable.

Tracii G
08-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a very pleasurable day indeed.

BLUE ORCHID
08-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Hi Lana Mae :hugs:, I am sure glad that you finally found something to eat ,

I thought that we would have to go all the way home and get a PB&J sandwich.

All in all it sounds like a great day. >Orchid oo0:daydreaming:0oo

alwayshave
08-11-2018, 04:21 PM
Lana Mae, using the unisex bathroom is not cheating. Sounds like a great day.

Lana Mae
08-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Beverly: Ha, Ha! Cockatiels are so much fun! Toby is the watch and the instigator of the barking!
Allisa: So sorry to hear about Buddy! I have been there many times and it is never easy!
Jaylyn: Here sometimes, I said sometimes you can catch them between times and they are not so busy! My timing was terrible today!
Tracy: Yes, it helps us to have good days! LOL
Tracii: Yes it was great!
Orchid: I started to think that too! LOL
Jamie: Actually, they were not unisex! They are marked male and female but are single occupancy rooms! It was a great day!
Thanks for your replies ladies!
Hugs Lana Mae

Rayleen
08-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Lana Mae, look like you had a busy day, and hope it was enjoyable, t bad all eating places were busy, better luck next time.

Hug, Rayleen.

Bobbi46
08-12-2018, 06:13 AM
Be bold, be yourself command what you have around you, the more positive you are within yourself the better you will feel.

Laura912
08-12-2018, 07:09 AM
The weekend is usually busy for touring Old Salem. When you come for doctor’s appointment, allow a little time to wander around.

Jeri Ann
08-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Jamie: Actually, they were not unisex! They are marked male and female but are single occupancy rooms! It was a great day!
Thanks for your replies ladies!
Hugs Lana Mae

OMG!!! Lana, Are you crazy??? Going to the ladies restroom in NC? When you get arrested call me and I will come visit you. LOL

Seriously, IHOPs are frequently busy but the turn-around is quick. They probably had a table or booth available. It is easier to blend in a crowded place than if there are only a few people.

Loosen up sweetie. Enjoy life. Tip well and engage the waitress in conversation. They like that.

Barbara Black
08-12-2018, 08:40 AM
I'm glad to hear of your excursions, but if you want a loud, obnoxious bird, try a yellow conure. Mine squawks so loud it's almost painful. And worse, it protects his mate (my wife), by attacking me, flying into my face or head and sometimes biting me. LOL.

Lana Mae
08-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Rayleen: Well at least I got to do the drive thru at McDonalds which was believe it or not a first!
Bobbi: I have noticed that, especially this last time!
Laura: I did but the place was packed, like wall to wall people and no parking spaces! I know about it as my daughter graduated from Salem College!
Jeri Ann: Yes, another first using that restroom! No bells or whistles went off! In male mode I engage in conversation with the waitress and tip well! I am sure Lana Mae will do the same!
Barbara: My wife had an African Grey when I first met her and it was so jealous of me! Love birds are another loud one!
Thanks ladies for your replies!
Hugs Lana Mae

Amy Lynn3
08-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Old Salem is a nice place to visit and a great place to venture out when dressed. You may want to dress traditional for the period the next time you go. You must have a floor length dress and a bonnet to fit in.