PDA

View Full Version : wig washing tips?

ashlee chiffon
03-18-2006, 03:48 PM
have a human hair *nice quality* wig i'd like to wash...any tips, GG's or cd's?...on washing and drying?

DanaJ
03-18-2006, 03:56 PM
You can wash your 100% human hair wig with shampoo and conditioner, gently wash it, do not scrunch it all up and pull on it when washing. Blot it dry, and let it air dry on a wig stand overnight, or you can gently dry it with a blow dryer....

Remember, if this is pre-styled you may wash the style out :)

Edit: I just found this which is different from what I posted : http://www.transgender.org/rtc/rtnews/rtnew_oct00.html
Basically, this is what they say:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WASHING YOUR HUMAN HAIR WIG:

Draw enough lukewarm water in a large pan or bowl to cover the wig or hairpiece well.

Dissolve a capful of prescribed wig shampoo, along with 1 tablespoon of baking soda.

Swish wig or hairpiece around, squeezing hair gently. Keep hair moving in one direction or it may tangle. If front of cap has makeup on it, it may be scrubbed gently.

Rinse wig well with plenty of lukewarm water.

Dissolve a capful or so of wig conditioner in tub or pan of water to cover well. Work mixture through wig hair (remember: one direction). Do not rinse. Lay wig out on towel and pat out excess water.

ashlee chiffon
03-18-2006, 04:02 PM
this is my first wash...so i appreciate that soo much
it is prestyled and i was worried about that...didn't want to ruin it or have it come out all funny! *L*