PDA

View Full Version : What to Wear to a Baby Shower?

Rikkicn
03-18-2006, 04:23 PM
My wife's sister in law is having not one but two baby showers. The first will be with the couples close friends and co workers. I'm guessing both men and women.
The second shower is being given by a close girlfriend and she's inviting the new mom's best girlfriends.
She called this morning and asked us attend both of them. We're really honored and touched.
The new mom and dad have only known only me as Rikki ( in fact she has bought me nail polish and glitter make up) and only seen me en femme. That's true also for their friends we've met.
There will be some there that I have never met. It's always interesting meeting new people as a woman.
Soooo, the question is..What do I wear?
I would love to hear your comments
There are a pretty down to earth couple and arn't impressed by fancy dressing.

Thanks for your help
Soon to be, Auntie Rikki

Megan_Renee
03-18-2006, 05:24 PM
The thing to remember is this: you are not the center of attention. Therefore dress conservatively. I think a nice full-length skirt with a short-sleeve top would suffice.

The reason I mention this is because it is sometimes easy for us to want to attract attention and answer questions. Just go with the tone of the party, informal and enjoyable. There will be games played (most likely) so you'll want to wear something you can move in.

I hope you have a great time and you should post some pictures!

Megan

Janelle Young
03-18-2006, 06:27 PM
I think I would go even more conservative than a long skirt. Although that is also a great idea. I would go in pants and a blouse and a pair of flats.

Megan is right, you do not want to steal the show, this is the brides day, not yours. So I say go as low key as you can, and have a blast. I am jealous, I have never been to a shower. Please tell us how it went.

Julie Avery
03-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Being as how the inviter knows you as a genetic male who dresses like a woman, I'd feel free to wear any tasteful outfit.

Phoebe Reece
03-18-2006, 09:21 PM
In January, our local Tri-Ess chapter had a bridal shower for the daughter of one of our members. The bride and her bridesmaids wore jeans, while the CD's wore their usual dresses, skirts, heels, etc. The bride was much more interested in the presents and the party we had for her, than what we were all wearing. My advice is to wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing.

Have fun.