PDA

View Full Version : Close call

lynda o
08-24-2018, 09:16 AM
My wife is aware of my dressing but doesn’t really approve, nor does she know to what extent or frequency. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in my living room dressed just like in the pictures I posted yesterday when I heard the garage door open. I peeked outside, sure enough my wife is home early. Mild panic set in as I still had makeup on the bathroom counter plus being fully dressed with jewelry and makeup. I think this was the first time I’ve ever been thankful for her arthritis. She moves slow enough I was able to strip, get everything put away and get in the shower before she got in the house. Apparently she didn’t hear the shower because she came in and then went right out to the deck. When I went out there after my shower the first thing she said was oh you are home.
I wish we could get to a point of acceptance since I like doing any indoor house work or maintenance dressed. I’m dressed from 6:00AM to 3:00 PM most weekdays.

Tracy Irving
08-24-2018, 09:33 AM
Bathrooms are great. There is generally a lock on the door for privacy. Plus, the shower makes lots of noise to hide undressing as well as getting rid of facial evidence.

Stephanie47
08-24-2018, 10:24 AM
IMHO I suspect your wife knows Lynda is out and about when she is not home during the day. She probably just does not want to create a scene which will go nowhere. For her to say "Oh, you are home" would suggest that or else she is also deaf and cannot hear the water running through the pipes. If she did not suspect it was you, then she better be calling 911.

Jaylyn
08-24-2018, 11:44 AM
My wife used to be very accepting and as we've aged she is less accepting for some reason. I have had a few close experiences when she gets home early from going into town or visiting her mom. I think she might suspect what I'm doing as she helped me get started in dressing.
Maybe your wife suspected it but just wanted to go relax out on the deck rather than deal with it.

Beverley Sims
08-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Lynda to make life easier it is something you will have to get out into the open more.

No fun living as you do.

I wish you well.

Bobbi46
08-25-2018, 12:30 PM
All of this secrecy of dressing and not leting ones loved one see gives me the shivers in that I always think there must come a time of being caught good and proper like an animal caught in the headlights of a vehicle. I do not thankfully have this inner worry of being caught but I greive for those who do get busted by their loved ones.

docrobbysherry
08-25-2018, 01:36 PM
When I coud no longer maintain my policy of, "Sneak, Hide, and Lie", I worked out a system with my adult, disapproving, live in daughter.:straightface:
Like your SO, she doesn't like it, so we have a system that works! I tell her in advance when and where I'll be dressed and she avoids that area in or around the house. If she's going to be around, especially with her boyfriend? I reschedule Sherry's appearance!:thumbsup:

It's not something she'll ever approve of. But, she agrees it's much better than her surprising Sherry! :doh:

LeannS
08-29-2018, 10:30 AM
My wife always calls on her way home. which is good I only wish our daughter would call when she is going to make an appearance. I have talked to her about coming over to call ahead. Will she we will see.

BLUE ORCHID
08-29-2018, 12:31 PM
Hi Lynda :hugs:, One of these days your:love:Wife will get between you an the Bathroom door. >Orchid ..+:daydreaming:+..

Teresa
08-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Lynda,
There is a big assumption here , your wife may be slow through her arthritis but also she's not stupid , she might have guessed what you might have been doing , she wasn't going to look for you because she doesn't want to see it so she made her way to the deckling area to wait and see when you appeared . I hated this whole situation , I felt guilty because my wife was frightened to walk through her own front door . That's why I always felt DADT was a short term compromise neither of us were very happy with it but she just wouldn't talk about it so what choice do we really have ? I'm so glad I don't have to live that way any more .

Shely
08-29-2018, 04:59 PM
It's tough and go sometimes with the DADT scenario. My wife caught me fully dressed several years ago, coming home unexpected. Now she always calls to tell me she is coming home, incase I am looking like a lady. She knows I dress, maybe not how often. I will dress for even an hour when I get a chance. I just love the feeling of hose and a silky skirt, and heels.