PDA

View Full Version : Working in drab

julie c
08-25-2018, 07:09 AM
I work in a large open office although I always make the effort to turn up smart, I just can't help admiring the lady's I work with and I'd love to turn up dressed like them but unfortunately this would not be possible, I do pay close attention to them the way they walk sit and stand, this has taught me a lot in the way I dress and I love to emulate there styles but disappointingly this is always at home.

Vikky
08-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Hi Julie
I am much the same only now retired, but at any social function, see neighbours etc or when out and about (in drab) I do the same and see GGs in lovely clothes and think.... if only. And not just the clothes, their figures too.
Vikky

Helen_Highwater
08-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Julie,

Yes imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so learning off the masters is always a good thing. It is however a bit like looking at all those lovely cakes in the bakers shop window but knowing you're on a strict diet.

You say it's always at home but is it your aim to get out and about and truly emulate the GG's. Show off your dress sense to a wider audience?

Beverley Sims
08-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Stay in drab, you need the money to buy pretty things.

Go dressed and you may not have a job.

Just keep dreaming, it doesn't hurt anybody.

SabrinaEmily
08-26-2018, 05:26 AM
Ah, but...

What happens to a dream deferred? (https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46548/harlem)