PDA

View Full Version : My Fifth Outing...

Patience
08-26-2018, 11:30 PM
Today was the fifth time I went out dressed and the first time I left home more dressed than not (more on that in a minute).

I share a house with someone who does not know I dress. I haven't gone out of my way to share this fact, but I don't totally hide it, either. For example, I don't hide the fact I paint my nails.

Anyway, today, I left home wearing a light purple Woman Within top and a bra, along with a pair of leggings. These items were covered by a hoodie and gym pants. As soon as I had driven off, I found a quiet place where I took off my hoodie and put on my skirt. I drove to the Goodwill I usually visit early on Sundays. I've been dressed there twice already.

Before getting out of the car, I put on my shoes. They're the ones you see in my avatar. I hadn't worn them out since I bought them. I barely put my foot on the ground and the sole came loose! I had to fall back on the slippers I was wearing when I left the house. Still, it was great I had a backup.

I picked up a nice Calvin Klein top and a dress and went to my weekend DJ gig. The venue where this happens is pretty secluded, so there aren't that many people around other that the DJ that precedes me, and he is aware that I dress.

After my gig, I went to my favorite art store, but instead of going my usual route, I let myself be guided by a phone map directions app. This made me drive through parts of town where I'd never been dressed in female attire before and it was a fun experience.

About the art store, I used to buy a lot more stuff there, but since coming out, it's also become a place where I hang out dressed. After my shopping was done, I arrived at the checkout, which is arranged as a single line for multiple cashiers, the "next available cashier" seemed to act like she couldn't see me for the better part of a minute. Another cashier who was there and knows me actually stared at her quizzically, as did I. Eventually she did relent and accept to take my money. "I'm sorry I interrupted your daydream", I said. She answered nothing. The struggle continues.

From there, I went to my yoga studio, where one of the teachers complimented me on my outfit. After the class, I took a shower, got back into my guy clothes and went home.

So, all in all, it was a good day out. It had a couple of rough spots, but I think I worked around them well. Thanks for reading.

Tracy Irving
08-26-2018, 11:44 PM
Those are some nice shoes. They can be fixed. Take out the encounter with the daydreaming cashier and it seems like a very nice day!

Helen_Highwater
08-27-2018, 04:21 AM
Patience,

Isn't it always the case that the shoe gremlins lie in wait for us? Heels down cracks, comfortable shoes that for no reason rub a sore spot?

It certainly sounded like a day well spent. So many positives so I wouldn't let one dopey SA detract from the experience. It goes with the turf but your very being there is helping to change things for the better.

Stay calm and carry on.

Beverley Sims
08-27-2018, 05:08 AM
I feed on shop assistants like the one you describe I have more than once I have taken it up with customer service when the evedince has been overwhelming.

They have all been suitably fried but I made sure they were not dismissed on my complaint.

I do like those shoes.

alwayshave
08-27-2018, 05:34 AM
Patience, sounds like a great day out dressed.

Patience
08-27-2018, 10:16 PM
Patience,

Isn't it always the case that the shoe gremlins lie in wait for us? Heels down cracks, comfortable shoes that for no reason rub a sore spot?

Oh, the sore spot. Thankfully, my favorite going out shoes are now broken in.

It certainly sounded like a day well spent. So many positives so I wouldn't let one dopey SA detract from the experience.
Are you kidding? I love observing people. I'm fine with any reaction short of physical aggression. If you can keep your head while everybody else is losing theirs and blaming it on you...

It goes with the turf but your very being there is helping to change things for the better.

Stay calm and carry on.

You may call me "Mother Patience":evilbegon Thanks, I will. (we really need a nun smiley)

I do like those shoes.

Thanks, Beverley. I think they're lovely. Unfortunately, now I must worry that it'll also happen to the other one. I think I'll just wear them at home for a while.

I feed on shop assistants like the one you describe I have more than once I have taken it up with customer service when the evedince has been overwhelming.

They have all been suitably fried but I made sure they were not dismissed on my complaint.

I think I know what you mean. Bitchiness is not a trait one cares to display, but it's nice to know it's there if it's needed. The term "Pandora's box" comes to mind.