PDA

View Full Version : OK, It's Done...

EricaCD
03-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, I did it. Again. Think coming out was a difficult moment? I can now tell you that doing it twice doesn't make it more fun.

This evening I told my wife of 12 years that I was dressing again. When I came out 3 years ago (got found out, really), I had not been actively dressing for quite some time. It is now clear that my wife just immediately flipped into total denial/avoidance. She had convinced herself that this was a thing of my past - notwithstanding that I gave her no such assurance. So I guess this was the "real" coming out. To all of those (especially the GGs here) who have given me support in this decision, I thank you from the bottom of my being.

She took it well. (Of course, I had the benefit of knowing that she would not go off the deep end, becuase we had been through a dress rehearsal 3 years ago.) That is to say, she is rather upset and has no idea what to say or do. I suggested that she take as long as she needs to figure out how she wants to go. I also mentioned the GG support group here as a possible resource. We will see what the next couple days bring. It is possible that she will go back into avoidance, in which case we will continue as-is but with no misunderstanding between us.

She did say that she preferred that I had leveled with her. I am sorry to have caused her so much discomfort, but take a measure of solace from knowing that this was the best approach to a difficult situation. And I thank the creator for giving me her as life-mate.

Thanks again to all who participate in this group. Your support has been a godsend.

Erica

Phoebe Reece
03-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Erica,

I think you did the right thing. Time will tell....

Jolene
03-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Erica ...... Glad to know you have moved ahead with things. Hope your wife will somehow understand . I am single here so i have no problem with that but i am sure i will be found out someday. Knowing so many here as me helps to get through. It felt so good for me to just let go and just do it. Now i can't imagine not dressing even if it is in private .. Jolene

Joy Carter
03-18-2006, 09:31 PM
God graces on you both. Hope the choices to come are :thumbsup: happy ones

Janelle Young
03-18-2006, 09:35 PM

She did say that she preferred that I had leveled with her.
Erica

To my way of thinking you did level with her. You told her you were dressing, sounds like the truth to me.

I know this is a hard thing to deal with and I have been through it before as have many girls here. Try to stay calm and not raise your voice, act like a lady.

Good luck my dear.

EricaCD
03-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry Janelle - imprecise writing on my part. (And me, a lawyer...) She was happier (relatively, of course) that I had told her. I.e., she preferred my telling her to being left in the dark. So we are all in agreement...

Carlacd
03-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Good luck and hope the best turns out for the both of you. Took alot of courage to do it a second time. The GG's here are a pretty good lot of Ladies with great advice. Keep us posted as to what turn of events happen.

Tamara Croft
03-18-2006, 09:52 PM
This is great to hear and I hope with a bit of time and education, she may start accepting that you are a CD. Just take it day by day, don't give her too much information at once, it is hard to take in. The GG Forum will be here when and if she ever wants to join. If she needs anyone to talk to, just give me a shout and I'll gladly email her with some support.

Lisa Baby
03-18-2006, 10:07 PM
You may wish to invite her to look at all of your posts and threads her on the forum. It may help her understand you.

Good luck!

Lisa

GypsyKaren
03-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi Erica

I hope this all goes well for you, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen

paulaN
03-18-2006, 10:53 PM
remember we're all pullen for ya. good luck

uknowhoo
03-18-2006, 10:58 PM
As Gypsy said, you both will be in our thoughts and prayers. We're all here for you, sweetie. Good luck. Big hugs, Tammi

(OMG, did I just call a lwyer "sweetie!!"):p

RenaCD
03-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Erica Just like Karen says our good thoughts and prayers are with you both.
You Did Good Girl!

Big Hugs Rena

Marlena Dahlstrom
03-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Good luck to you both!

Penny
03-19-2006, 12:11 AM
The right was is not always the easy way. I believe this was the right way
and hope and pray that it becomes easier for both of you.