PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Dressing..

ToniG
08-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Had a close-call this wk. Was Dressed & Ready to step out for a few minutes. Failed to check the "radar" Was out the back door with the trash bags &-oops!--here it comes!- sudden downpour!! Had I started out a few minutes earlier- wd have been out by the dumpster some 50 yds away. Almost had a "Drenched While Dressed" episode. Wig wd have been drenched, along with a nice lined chiffon print top. Capris & sandals. Getting drenched in drab was annoying thru the yrs. But being Drenched while Dressed is not something I wd look forward to!! Suppose some of you have had some "experiences" being caught in WX while Dressed. All of us have prob have had that "wig-blows-off-in-public" nightmare thoughts at one time! Stay dry! Toni G..

GretchenM
08-29-2018, 06:53 AM
That was close. Like you I have been drenched in drab, but never dressed. That would be a travesty. On the other hand, it would be good training for how deal with the aftermath of such a drenching. The GG's have to do that sometimes so perhaps that is a part of our "training."

On another note, I am familiar with those desert thunderstorms this time of the year. You gotta keep on the lookout as I am sure you are aware. And, by the way, if you can arrange it send a few storms up here - the monsoon didn't really reach Denver this year.

Beverley Sims
08-29-2018, 08:17 AM
I have been drenched dressed, all I needed was some conditioner to put through my hair.

A black bra under a white T shirt really stands out and my headlights were turned on too. :-)

An afternoon monsoon in the tropics.

I am sure they happen at 3 PM daily.

docrobbysherry
08-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Don't u ever wash your clothes and wig, Toni?

For the life of me, I can't see how getting them wet by rain would hurt anything?:brolleyes:

BLUE ORCHID
08-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Hi Toni :hugs:, Into each life a little rain must fall! >Orchid ..+:daydreaming:+..

SherriePall
08-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Getting drenched en drab is part of life. Sometimes intentionally when you don't want to leave the sporting event or stop shopping when your car is parked a mile away from the mall entrance.
Never en femme. But I do carry one of those folding plastic bonnets in my purse. At least my hair will be dry.

Bobbi46
08-29-2018, 12:32 PM
Where did the courage when faced with a wet T shirt! oh my dang missed another wet shirt cometitio,!!! LoL

ToniG
08-29-2018, 10:56 PM
T-shirt wd not have been an issue--- but the "dry-clean-only" quality Top Would have been a problem. ! The wig was the "lesser" one of the wigs I have- so not too bad. Yes-- we Do wash our stuff- but Not while wearing them! :) :)--- Did go out later with a tshirt on---with the particular padded bra I had on, wd not have looked well in the "wet shirt contest" :) Toni G..