PDA

View Full Version : Long legged woman dressed in black

Bobbi46
08-30-2018, 04:53 AM
Do you or can you relate your style of dressing to a piece of music? because I can, I like country music and there is a country version of, yes you guessed it "Long legged woman dressed in black" sung by Shane Owens and it got me thinking and it hit me, yes I am tall (6-6 and 37" legs) coupled with the fact that some of the things I have are in black especially my evening wear so there you have it, I am definately the long legged woman dressed in black!! I can say that for sure!! LoL

Sara Jessica
08-30-2018, 06:03 AM
Isn’t it “Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress”?

Bobbi46
08-30-2018, 06:06 AM
So sorry Sarah, I just checked it is "Long legged woman dressed in black" I thought it quite apt considering my size!

Teresa
08-30-2018, 06:15 AM
Bobbi,
The problem being that tall is you have to keep dusting off the layer of snow !

I'm now intrigued where you go to wear your evening wear , does that mean I may have to pack something a little special if and when we meet up . Silly me we would have all those French shops to go shopping in ! I've just remembered my long ballgown is French .

Bobbi46
08-30-2018, 06:21 AM
Teresa,
You alwys have a way to make me laugh! sadly some of the French round here do not dress very much different from the daytime but what I do have is very nice, trouble is what i have is waiting for your visit!

Sara Jessica
08-30-2018, 08:02 AM
I think you'll see my confusion...

Bobbi46
08-30-2018, 08:11 AM
Sarah, I see where you are coming from, no you were not confused at all I did not know that others had done the song as well as a slight title change by somebody else, you were very right in your assumption and I was wrong to doubt you not knowing that there were other artists
SORRY

Beverley Sims
08-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Sarah,
I have the Hollies album.

Me I have visited most areas of the world that affected me music wise.

In California I visited many areas covered by serials and old movies, especially the rocky wastes and trees that are now housing estates.

To those in the U.K. I have visited most areas featured in episodes of the Goon Show.

I can relate my dressing to many of the situations just mentioned.

Bobbi46
08-30-2018, 06:30 PM
I have to admit black is getting to be my favourite colour I have a couple of nice black tops, two short and two long black skirts as well.

Sara Jessica
08-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Sarah, I see where you are coming from, no you were not confused at all I did not know that others had done the song as well as a slight title change by somebody else, you were very right in your assumption and I was wrong to doubt you not knowing that there were other artists
SORRY

No need at all to be sorry. These are two different songs and I had never heard of yours. I suspect the original artist is Mungo Jerry because it goes back to the early '70's. Just listened to your song, confirmed...I've never heard it. It was pretty far down on the iTunes most popular songs of Mungo Jerry. About 15 versions of a song called Summertime are above it. I think you'd know that one!!!