PDA

View Full Version : color my world.

Allisa
08-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Nothing like being at the salon to make one feel so good. I walked in off the street and I was greeted by the owner as if I was a relative and all the stylists knew me by name and asked why such a long time between visits. The place was alive with activity, there was laughter, joking, and so much estrogen in the air I couldn't help but feel at ease somehow. Then it happened, there were two young girls who were 7 y.o. and adamant about being in the second grade. They continuously looked and giggled at me, Oh boy just what I need, when out of the blue the grandmom gathered them together and explained how it was rude to stare and laugh and to go say your sorry to that "Lady". It never dawned on me that I must have looked ridiculous with my hair all slicked back with the coloring agent in it. Then the two girls approached me with "we're sorry for laughing at you" and with 4 very blue eyes and long blonde hair they broke into smiles and my heart melted. Now Iv'e never been a parent but I think I know how fathers get wrapped around little fingers. I had to muster my femme voice as much as I could and thank them which led to hearing all about how they were getting pink color streaks but it will wash out in a couple of days because dad won't like it, I think dad doesn't have a say anyway. Now as I sit there in walks a man to get a haircut and I can tell he felt so out of place I ALMOST felt sorry for him.These are the kind of things(going and coloring my hair sitting in a salon in full femme regalia) I would never have thought I would willingly do just a handful of years ago. It's the little things that make it all worth while.

Jaylyn
08-31-2018, 09:36 PM
You are so right. When we take things with a good attitude and enjoy life there's nothing that can really hurt us. I'm glad that the kids had to apologize to you it makes me proud of the grand mom for making them be polite. Lots of kids control the parents today and get their way because the arenas haven't a clue how to handle them. I'm proud of you Allisa for thanking them and listening to their story about their pink hair streaks.

alwayshave
08-31-2018, 09:41 PM
Lisa, what a great story. I'm glad something negative turned positive.

Beverley Sims
09-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Allisa,
You are experiencing the problems now but it will be easy to overcome them later on as you progress.