PDA

View Full Version : MIADs...a question

kayla_bayarea
09-01-2018, 01:47 AM
I admit to really hating the MIAD look but I will staunchly defend your right to dress that way to anyone. That being said, are you attracted to dresses and other typically female garments because of the actual way they look or because they are marketed towards women? If sartorial history was flipped and dresses were all along considered to be a male garment would you still want to wear one?

If I put myself on the spot, I would have to admit that it's probably the fact that certain items are supposed to be for women and not men is what makes them appealing. Things like "manties" are a complete turn off for me: http://www.manties.net/

When I found out that certain Bulgari fragrances were actually considered unisex and not just women's I did not like them as much (even though I still wear them on occasion). None of this is rational but I guess my brain is just wired that way. If three piece suits and ties were considered only women's wear I would probably be a lot more interested in them. As it is now, I kind of detest suits (the YSL Le Smoking being an exception) and I most definitely HATE ties.

I used to hate the color pink not because of gender connotations but because I thought it was kind of juvenile looking. The wide spread appearance and marketing of "millennial pink" has definitely worked on me and I now have several accessories and clothing in that pale pinkish color. I still find it fascinating that pink was originally for baby boys because it was considered a strong color and blue was for girls because it was seen as softer.

The whole idea of gender is really weird but I am definitely influenced by it.

DaisyLawrence
09-01-2018, 02:18 AM
The whole idea of gender is really weird but I am definitely influenced by it.

You are probably in the right place then :)

I do not 'crossdress' as such but generally always present in clothing that represents who I feel I am gender wise (this is non-binary). Being genetically male I need to dress in womens clothes to present the chosen mixed appearance so I am automatically attracted to female specifc items and dislike male specific items such as your suggested suit and tie. I do not do MIAD day to day so dresses and skirts are for home and trips out on my occasional 'all-woman' days. Make sense?

JanesCDcloset
09-01-2018, 03:10 AM
I like to wear "women's" clothes because they are comfortable and they feel good to wear. When I am dressed I do not sit like a women or walk like a women. I am just myself and act as I normal would. I am just more comfortable.

My choice of dresses or skirts are usually long and loose. I like feeling of the fabric brushing lightly on my legs. I also like pantyhose and leggings, as I like the tightness and softness of them. Mostly depends on which feeling I want for the day, loose or tight.

Don't even get me started why I wear panties.

In my perfect world, clothes would not have a gender.

Natali
09-01-2018, 04:40 AM
Difficult one, and I don't know if I have really thought about it. I know I feel comfortable when dressed this way and wish I could express it openly. My guess is that if it was considered a male item I would still want to wear it.

Stacy Darling
09-01-2018, 06:20 AM
I admit to really hating the MIAD look but I will staunchly defend your right to dress that way to anyone. That being said, are you attracted to dresses and other typically female garments because of the actual way they look or because they are marketed towards women? If sartorial history was flipped and dresses were all along considered to be a male garment would you still want to wear one?

I'm a YSL Mon Paris, in Guy mode! But that wasn't the question though!

Just curious about the direction of the question? Due to the fact that my answer would be quite similar if presenting as CD, MIAD or QuestionableMale/Female whoever! "I like to choose what I wear"

Stacy!

Crissy 107
09-01-2018, 06:25 AM
I think that items made for women are more appealing to me for that reason, even down to which deodorant to buy.
Crissy

GretchenM
09-01-2018, 06:59 AM
For me I sometimes wear women's attire because I feel feminine - not the other way around. But what really attracts me is the freedom of movement, both body and air, in many women's clothes. Really don't care much for the tight garments that much. What I find most attractive is the variety of colors and patterns of colors available in women's clothes that are almost totally absent in men's clothes, except for things like Hawaiian shirts. To me it is almost like wearing art. I especially like flower and plant patterns, semi real or more abstract. But then I am a botanist so I guess that attraction is understandable.

If the tables were turned, that would still attract me to those clothes for my daily wear. If women wore three piece suits I really don't know how I would react. That said, it is almost universally true that women wear things that are more flowing because it complements their common trait of being more graceful than males. In that sense, perhaps the question in absurd because I doubt women wearing a great deal of what men wear probably is not going to happen and even if it did those garments would be modified in some way to complement the woman's body shape and form as well as their characteristic movement style that body shape and form more easily allows.

Lisa Roberts
09-01-2018, 08:12 AM
If it’s girly, I want it. I’m unmistakably a guy. Never could “pass”, so I am definitely a MIAD. I just yearn to be feminine. Wired that way.
Lace and Smiles!
Lisa

Gillian Gigs
09-01-2018, 08:37 AM
I'm basically attracted to all things nylon. It is difficult, to near impossible to find nylon in anything in mens clothing. It started off more as a fetish thing with me and has morphed into what it is today. To wear pantyhose/tights can be rather hot at times, so wearing a skirt while in pantyhose makes sense to me. Besides, showing your legs is nice too. There is still something about it being clothing made for a woman that does have an appeal. It's difficult to describe other than to use an example, having a touch of lace on a cami which is just hidden by the last button being done up.

phili
09-01-2018, 09:00 AM
Being a MIAD I have had plenty of time to consider your question!

The reason you are getting diverse answers is that gender is a multi-strand experience- it is not one thing, it is 5 or 6 at least- probably more as we refine our thinking.
Part of Gender-
is how we present ourselves to others and send messages about what to expect
is the stance we take in reacting to others and directing them
is wired in our anatomy and biology and hormones
is taught us
is performance- expected roles and responsibilities
is culturally assigned powers and privileges
is flexible according to circumstances and relative importance to what is going on
is aspirational- 'becoming a man'
is not in our control at all- how others see us
is voluntary
is involuntary
is emotional
is logical or intellectual
is...

And all these things are interacting with various intensities- yikes! We try to understand it through questions like yours- and it is a good question!

I can say with assurance that when I am unhappy with being restricted to male assigned things, then any tiny thing assigned to females is a desirable thing to have. When I am out and about in a short dress and heels, doing the ordinary business of life, I am much more particular about what I like and don't. I love the sensuality of it but have to concentrate on other things like driving or getting the right card out of my wallet, so it is more subdued than when I admire myself in the mirror and am only surrounded by a flood of pleasure hormones!

When I am feeling like I simply am a male woman- I am aglow inside whatever I am wearing and feeling only annoyed, not imprisoned, if I can't wear what I want.

Tracy Irving
09-01-2018, 09:18 AM
are you attracted to dresses and other typically female garments because of the actual way they look or because they are marketed towards women?

is there a reason why someone can't be attracted to the way a dress looks and have a desire to wear it because it is marketed toward women?

Brenn
09-01-2018, 09:38 AM
First, let me comment that i am really glad to see a number of MIAD posts lately. Years ago I tried the "passing" thing, and while it was fun and exciting, it really wasn't ME. I have since started buying things that I just happen to like wearing. There is still a little bit if a thrill wearing something marked as "women's" versus "men's," but for me it is still ultimately what i feel comfortable in. I'm not out to "shock" the world, but I just find things like ballet flats, leggings and skirts more comfortable and practical in most cases. Most of the time my wardrobe is a mixture of both men's and women's clothing. I'm not sure if that answers your question, but it is how I approach the issue.

Allison Chaynes
09-01-2018, 09:42 AM
I like to wear "women's" clothes because they are comfortable and they feel good to wear. When I am dressed I do not sit like a women or walk like a women. I am just myself and act as I normal would. I am just more comfortable.

My choice of dresses or skirts are usually long and loose. I like feeling of the fabric brushing lightly on my legs. I also like pantyhose and leggings, as I like the tightness and softness of them. Mostly depends on which feeling I want for the day, loose or tight.

Don't even get me started why I wear panties.

In my perfect world, clothes would not have a gender.

This is me. I just don't have time or energy to go all out as complete femme. Most of the time I don't leave the house anyway dressed, except for underdressing.

Brenda Freeman
09-01-2018, 09:55 AM
I dress to look like a woman. When I dress up it always includes make up, breast forms and a wig or my long hair styled. I have no idea if I pass, but I like how I look and how it makes me feel. I do take on feminine postures when dressed. I wanted to be a girl. Always loved how girls and women looked. Makes me so happy those special moments.

Stephanie47
09-01-2018, 10:23 AM
So, if we go back to Adam and Eve before the debacle with the snake, and, therefore not even a fig leaf would you be confused as to your gender? Do fig leaves come in male and female or are they just plain fig leaves? I sort of figure it would be really easy to identify males and females before we all decided to don those fig leaves. I digressed.

There is something in my inner makeup which attracted me to women's clothing around the start of puberty. I don't know what it is, although there may be some speculation. My wife pondered when we had "The Talk," "Why would a man wear a bra if he has nothing to pack into it?" Valid question I thought. I've come to the conclusion there is some dna component of the female sex in my genetic pool. It makes the most sense. Why would I otherwise risk all the negativity society heaps upon those who are not like the general masses; transgender, gay, lesbian, etc?

If I were just comfortable wearing a dress, why do I choose to also wear a bra, if I have "nothing to pack into it?" If I feel it is necessary to break the conventional rules of society it would make sense to try to fly under the radar by trying to look as womanly as possible. Personally, I do not feel complete if I am not wearing a bra. Modesty? After all women were burning their bras back in the 1960's. Jiggling all over the place! I do forego makeup and nail polish because, like any woman, is it necessary for what I intend to accomplish on any given day? If I am doing domestic chores there is no necessity to glam up. My wife does not glam up when doing the laundry.

I do not wear anything but dresses when it comes to outerwear. I suspect that is part of my visual upbringing of the 1950's and 1960's. In my neighborhood women did not wear pants.

So, when Stephanie arises for whatever reason, she wants to appear feminine by wearing a dress and all the proper undergarments. I suspect if the role of clothing were to switch and genetic men wore dresses and genetic women wore pants, then I as a man would want to shed my dress because my inner self would want to emulate a woman wearing pants. If for some reason I want to identify as the opposite sex, then I would need to wear the corresponding clothing.

As to my desire to wear a certain type of dress, that's nothing more than a personal preference akin to me desiring to wear a certain color or style of male clothing. Give me a floral print dress anytime.

lynnstar
09-01-2018, 10:40 AM
I like to dress the way JaneCD does. Loose and long and comfortable. I thoughly enjoy feeling the silky underthings under a nice skirt or dress. I don't get to dress often (wife hates it) so when I do, it really makes my day.

docrobbysherry
09-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Kayla, whether they'll admit it or not? There's a fetish element involved in our dressing. Otherwise, how can u explain the countless "pantie" threads here? An item no one can see!?:o

Personally, I'm not fond of the MIAD look. However, when I go out, I'm stuck with it!:brolleyes:

I don't rate the items I wear on a "femininity scale". I wear what women I'm attracted to wear. And, I admit to being attracted to pretty women in almost anything! Or, nothing!:devil:

And, those r the looks I try to imitate!:daydreaming:

Micki_Finn
09-01-2018, 01:11 PM
This question is a giant “what if” that you can speculate on for hours but it’s never going to give you any useful information.

Teresa
09-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Kayla,
It's quite an involved question with no single answer .

I see the clothes as a window to the World of how I feel inside , I have to admit sometimes the clothes aren't that practical maybe that could be considered an attraction, the fabrics, the way they fit and how they move is someything a guy very rarely experiences . Then there is the shopping element , I love shopping for female items , I have to force myself to buy drab items but just love being accepted enough to openly take clothes into a changing area and talk them over with SAs . It feels so right , I'm in total comfort zone . I even enjoy discussing items for my home , whether it be soft furnishings or domestic items , I'm now living alone more or less as a woman would , is it a slow transition ? Maybe but it does feel good !

To answer the MIAD question it just wouldn't work for me , drab does very little for me so why do I need to retain it , annoyingly I can't totally escape it !

Confucius
09-01-2018, 03:02 PM
I believe that as a child I experienced gender dysphoria. I believed that girls had it better in life than boys. I thought that all parents preferred girls. I thought girls were naturally better than boys. I always understood I was a boy, but I would have liked to be a girl. Crossdressing was just a way of making my world right. As I grew older, I slowly learned to appreciate my manhood, but my brain was already hardwired to release feel good neurotransmitters when I crossdress.

Nowadays all of my crossdressing is in the MIAD mode. It is easier that way. Yes, it would be nice to pass as a woman sometime, but it isn't necessary. Wearing soft, smooth, feminine clothes feels great. The more feminine the better. If the clothes are pretty, then I feel pretty, even in MIAD mode.

sometimes_miss
09-01-2018, 05:53 PM
I admit to really hating the MIAD look
Unless you're in the 1% who can actually pass, then you're in with the rest of us: To most of the world, we're all just men in dresses. There's almost always something that instantly gives us away. Got a brow bar on your forehead? Man in a dress. Big feet or hands? Man in a dress. Voice? Man in a dress. Beard shadow, adam's apple, the way we walk, the way we move, the way we sit, the way we run, the distinct lack of a 70% waist hip ratio, any of the above will give others the instant reason to look at you more closely, and in seconds we are clocked.
Enjoy wearing what you feel you should be wearing. If you're courageous enough to risk the dangers of being out, just be careful like REAL women do, because it's not a safe world for them OR anyone bending the gender lines. Sure, if you're a rather large and strong male, that offers you some automatic protection from attacks, but there are always those stupid macho types that feel the need to prove that he's tougher than the 'sissy'.
I'm a man in a dress, and everything that goes with it. And there's nothing wrong with that.

kayla_bayarea
09-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Someimes_miss, your reply has nothing at all to do with my thread. I'm not talking about how the general population perceives us. MIAD is a specific term this community came up with, not me. I am referring to wearing female clothing without doing anything else to feminize your appearance.
Of course, I am positive you already know this.

I never said I pass so I'm not sure why you brought this up. You are missing the point if this discussion completely.

Janine cd
09-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Stepanie47, I'm with you 100%. I love wearing dresses every day and would never go without feminine underthings as well.

GeorgeA
09-01-2018, 10:19 PM
I think we all start dressing in clothes that are attractive to us when seen on a woman. In the beginning it usually is just sexual stimulation, a fetish. Since very likely those attractive women are unavailable or unattainable we wear those garments as a replacement of the object of our attraction. We wear panties, garter belts, nylons, slips, skirts to resemble them as much as possible. In time, wearing those items becomes a routine and the original reason for wearing them fades away. We find those clothes more pleasant and especially more comfortable to wear. It becomes a norm. I have never felt a desire to be a woman or even look like one. It became my normal daily attire. My membership on this forum opened my eyes to the multitude of people who want to be women, or at least to look like one as closely as possible. That was completely strange to me and I wasn’t sure that i belong here.

That’s when I put forward an idea of “MIAD”; a man in a dress. The response was fantastic from others who felt like I did. And the term seems to have caught on and became a generic term for men who while dressing like women have no desire to look like them completely. Like everything in life there is no clear-cut uniformity among us. Some like to wear heels or perhaps jewellery and wigs, yet remaining noticeably male, even with beards.

As a MIAD I do not emulate women, I just wear clothes that women used to wear, before they switched to trousers. I certainly have no desire to dress like a woman in trousers.

The clothes I wear are my clothes and I like them and I want to look like what I am: “a man in a dress”: a MIAD.

P.S.| no femininity involved here.

biancabellelover
09-02-2018, 12:55 AM
For me:

I am still a MIAD, but hope to go out in public dressed (with wig and makeup) in the next month or so. I guess then I'll no longer be a MIAD. But for now...

Why do I dress? I love the feel of womens clothing. I love the range of choices, in colour, and fabric. I love the fact that they are womens clothes, and will still wear them even if they resemble mens clothing. When I walk my dogs I wear womens jeans and a dull-looking blouse (or a blouse that looks like a Hawaiian shirt).

When I'm dressed I want to present (as much as possible) a female figure. So I wear a padded bra, as well as bum and hip pads. If I look in the mirror I want to see (from the neck down at least) a female figure, and when I move about I want to move in a female way. So I do my best to walk, move, feminine, and use feminine gestures and actions. One day I'll begin to work on my voice, but for now I'm busy enough.

Michelle.

suzanne
09-02-2018, 12:56 AM
Of course we are all influenced by society's gender constructs. We as a species have thousands of generations of males and females being forced, mainly by biological realities (childbearing being perhaps the biggest one, of course). Only in the last two or three generations have some of us begun to question or toss aside the old ways, and naturally there's some pushback, whether it's the people around us or our own inbred fears. The same can be seen wiith homosexuality, gay marriage, interracial marriage, women in the workplace, among others. We are constantly evolving in our relationships and attitudes while the old ways of thinking persist, hopefully to a diminishing degree.

Rayleen
09-02-2018, 04:28 AM
My situation as a house crossdresser, I probably be a MIAD, love all feminine pieces of clothing and am more myself wearing them without to much make up. As we progress, things might change.

Queen Bridget
09-02-2018, 07:24 AM
I do both MIAD and full dressing.

I'd still wear dresses and skirts even if they were originally for men. Why should women have so many clothing choices, but not men? Doesn't seem fair.

Lucy23
09-02-2018, 05:31 PM
I don't wear women's clothes them because they are marketed towards women. I crossdress because it is who I am. There are really many types of women's attire I wouldn't even touch. Funny thing is, I always aim for a particular female look that I would wear as a man. I don't try to emulate women. Not because I won't pass (probably wouldn't, and I like to keep a beard), but because I don't feel like one and it's not something I need or desire. I'm a man in a dress and I like it that way. However, I must admit that I wear bras; for some reason it feels incomplete without one.

This autumn I'm looking forward to trying and incorporating some elements of women's fashion into my daily life. For example, I really like it when women wear heavy boots with chunky socks sticking out. Where I live women usually do this. I'm looking for a way to do the same with my male clothes.

Asew
09-03-2018, 10:45 PM
I am more of a MIAS (man in a skirt) since I prefer skirts with a t-shirt or male button down shirt. I love the way the feel, the way they look, the way some of them twirl, their variety (from utilitarian jean skirts to frilly pretty ones), and as a way of expressing femininity. So yes, being associated with women is part of the draw for me, but there are a lot of other draws for me too. I have looked into buying running kilts a few times but haven't due to cost for the time being.

Now my love of heels is definitely due to the femininity associated with them and would have no desire for man heels.

Kendalli
09-05-2018, 04:59 AM
I consider myself a MIAD. For me I wear women's clothes helps scratch an itch so to speak. I want to look as feminine as possible, but it is not something I can embrace completely unless I want to come out of the closet to more than just my wife. I have a hard time looking in a mirror when dressed because it shatters the fantasy of what I would want to look like. So at this time I am not ready to take that next step into looking more like a woman, but there is still that want for it. And for now being a MIAD is just something I deal with while I get comfortable with the being open about my dressing with my wife.

JenniferMBlack
09-05-2018, 09:45 AM
For me it is the feel of the garment over whether it is Male or female. Although sometimes I just want to be all girly a skirt is a skirt, if it was a Male skirt or female dosent matter to me. Yes I know you can get a kilt and in fact have 2 but that is 1 style of skirt and not much favorite one. So yes if it was a Male garment I would in fact wear them.

Jennifer_Ph
09-05-2018, 10:54 AM
I just don't care for the fake boobs, makeup, wigs, and all that. Skirts, hose, and heels are all I pretty much wear. Why? Because I like the variety available in the other department. Mens shoes are boring as hell. Useful sometimes, yes, like when mowing the lawn and stuff. I wear this stuff almost every day.. to work, to friends houses, restaurants, everywhere. My legs are in L'eggs unless I am shaving them, so pretty much 24-7.

Millisense
09-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Hi Kayla, I love the thought-provoking question that if society flipped and women's clothes were what men wore, would I want to wear pants and a shirt and tie, etc., I love convention-questioning questions like that, like "why on maps and globes is the earth shown always with the the north pole up" etc.

I can't say for sure , but I don't think I would be like you in the gender-flipping scenario, I think I'd like the "man's" clothes, ie panties, nightgowns, skirts etc still.
I'm a MIAD who wears certain items all the time because they're more comfortable, lighter, and in the case of the women's boy short briefs I buy, they're not only more comfortable and lighter, but they're 1/3 the cost of men's boxers, so, well, duhh. I don't really care about colors, though pink I tend to wear last just because I think it'd be harder to explain if found in my laundry, etc.
A "pink fog" to me is the desire to full dress with the forms, wig, maekup etc which I have done and will do, but MIAD everyday wear for me is here to stay. That said, I agree there's a psychological aspect of going against gender too that's appealing. I agree too that manties are missing the point.

MiniRock
09-06-2018, 12:15 AM
Good question Kayla. For me, there are many reasons, but I have realised that I always want to take photos of myself when I put on women's clothes. And I want the results to please me (and actually anybody else who's interested) afterwards. Which means as attractive and hopefully sexy as possible. And since I photograph as a decent looking bloke (IMHO) and (leastwise at every attempt thus far) a pretty ugly woman, the choice is obvious. Incidentally, I find the desire to look nice is also an incentive to avoid being overweight, which to me is a clear health benefit (there could be a new thread there). I confess the stocky MAID look doesn't please me either and if I had short chunky legs with a pronounced gap between them and very broad shoulders (from what I understand, Eastern European girls prefer men that way), I probably wouldn't have the urge to cross dress at all (although I might consider a kilt which, in my opinion, only works on stocky men). Actually quite often I see pictures posted here of very passable women with the notable exception of the face and I wonder if these girls might actually look (genuinely) more attractive as MAIDs.

You mention your hatred of ties. Seems nobody nowadays wants to wear one. Indeed, in every job I take, I find myself in a minority of one for always wearing one; I don't feel smart without a tie as I similarly want to feel attractive (so is that a man thing or a woman thing?). Mind you, I've been wearing them 5/7 since I was four years old (in the very beginning elasticated), so it's a very natural, and indeed comfortable thing for me to do. In my introduction, I said that I didn't feel sure I belonged here and I still wonder how typical I am for wanting to look good however I dress - although I definitely prefer my girly clothes and certainly only they are a turn on (another thread?). I think it's a form of exaggerated vanity: when I was trying to buy my children back through the family courts, one of the psychologists even accused me of being a narcissist!

On a final note, as Rayleen and Bianca said, if I could find a way to look good in a wig and makeup, especially as I've begun to go out dressed, I probably would. I had a rather unpleasant experience last time (even though it was very early morning) when two teenage boys decided to loiter nearby and amuse themselves at my expense. Oddly enough, I don't find it difficult to realate to their motivations; I was a boy myself once. Nevertheless, I think that might not have happened had I not been so obviously a man wearing a frock.

ellbee
09-07-2018, 03:14 PM

At least to the outside observer, I am not a MIAD -- but a "MIAL" (Man In A pair of Leggings).

However, I believe I may still be qualified to respond, given that leggings as stand-alone pants, particularly in a non-exercise setting, are overall pretty much associated with only GG's? :strugglin

If I'm out & about during the non-summer months, I'll usually be found wearing women's activewear from head to toe. Full-length work-out leggings, hoodie, layering top underneath, running shoes, panties/thongs, no-show socks, sometimes a (unstuffed) padded sports-bra. If enough snow on the ground, I'll swap out the running shoes with practical women's snow-boots with long scrunched-up socks coming out from the top. During the summer you may see me, at least around the apartment complex, with leggings & a men's t-shirt.

Typically (but not always! :heehee: ) I will attempt to "play down" the outfit away from home. Whether it's toning down the prints of the leggings, and/or wearing more masculine or neutral colors/shades. But at home, I'll go as crazy as I want with some very femmy prints & colors. There I also wear a lot of tight, stretchy activewear tops, including those with extra-long sleeves & thumb-holes (which are typically a lot more associated with women's clothing).

Now that that backdrop is out of the way, I will say that it can look rather good all put together, if done correctly -- in guy-mode, mind you. I do not try to present as a GG in any way, shape or form. To the outside observer, I'm just a dude in women's activewear. Of course, I think having a decent physique certainly helps with all this, especially if you have the upper- *and* lower-body for it.

And not only does it look good on me, but it also *feels* good & comfy. Very versatile, too. Outside of work (which requires much more rugged & durable clothing), I could wear some variation of this look basically 24/7 -- including to bed. Great for all kinds of situations/environments, too. For example, yesterday afternoon I had to throw a letter in the box outside the post office. Just a quick trip, so no need to change... Wearing printed leggings (which looked like women's ripped jeans) & a men's t-shirt. As luck would have it, on the way over there, the skies open up & a *huge* downpour rains upon me. Quickly sprinting to & from my car, and then again once I got back home, was a piece of cake. Try that in a dress & heels. :D

*Could* I wear men's work-out leggings/running tights, instead? I suppose. I mean, they do make them, after all, even though the market is still pretty small. But the issue with those is, I prefer the women's stuff due to the HUGE variety of colors & prints & styles, which aren't as available in men's. And even a simple pair of black or navy leggings? Most men's that I've seen have split "U" stitching in the front crotch area, which actually *showcases* a guy's frontal issue. I'm all set with that, and instead prefer the vertical "|" stitching found in women's, which helps to minimize down there, in my case.

The same goes for running shoes, really. In fact, early on I *have* worn the men's version with this outfit. But I much prefer women's, even in something as simple as all-black. Why? Because even though both versions fit me fine, the women's actually make my feet look shorter & narrower. I've even done a side-by-side comparison (men's on one foot, women's on the other), just to be sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Women's, it is! :thumbsup:

I dunno, stuff like that. And if on the *very* off-chance that all these men everywhere suddenly start wearing the leggings-&-hoodie look everywhere they go, will I stop wearing that? No way! I'd be like, "Welcome to the club, brothers! What the heck took you so long??" :heehee:

However, I won't be holding my breath on that one... :p

DaisyLawrence
09-07-2018, 03:23 PM
However, I believe I may still be qualified to respond, given that leggings as stand-alone pants, particularly in a non-exercise setting, are overall pretty much associated with only GG's?

Nope, not any more. I wear them all day everyday and no-one bats an eye. I even have a couple of pairs specifically made for men. Feminine yes, crossdressing no.

ellbee
09-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Daisy, my friend, tell you what...

Later this evening, which will be *much* cooler outside than normal, I have to run a bunch of errands among the general population. And I will intentionally keep my eyes peeled for any & all men wearing leggings as stand-alone pants in a non-exercise situation.

If I see even one (other than myself), I will be honest about it, report it here, & PayPal you 20 quid. Deal? :D

(And if you don't hear about it, which I'm certain you won't, that means I didn't see any... :p )

Asew
09-07-2018, 10:07 PM
The only time I have seen a male in leggings was either running in the cold weather or part of a crossdressing outfit. Definitely seems like crossdressing to me.

DaisyLawrence
09-08-2018, 01:58 AM
It seems we in the UK are just ahead of the game then. Maybe you from across the pond should look to us for fashion advise as we are leading the way. It all comes from sports but what starts as sportswear inevitably slowly gets adopted as casual wear. It's like running shoes, I bet that for everyone you see actually running in a pair you will see a million others just wearing them as shoes. Same with baseball boots, compression gear, shell tops, track suits, 'joggers', and so on. Men are wearing leggings in the gym and for running (hence the proliferation of manufacturers making male specific ones to satisfy the demand) so inevitably they are working their way into everday casual fashion. If you are wearing leggings you are not crossdressing, you are just an early adopter of what will soon be completely normal. You're a trend setter, well done. Comfortable clothes always spread easily as people enjoy wearing them and nothing fits the bill more than leggings. They were unheard of 30 years ago and now you will see more women out and about in leggings than all other trousers, skirts and dressess added together.

DMichele
09-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Kayla,
I do not identify as a man in a dress, but I respect and support anyone who does ID as such.

Yes, I like dresses, skirts, blouses, stockings, shoes and on and on. Wearing female clothing is a no-brainer for me, i.e. it is just normal clothing. I did not understand that until recent years. Even though I could wear woman's jeans and tops at work, I wear male clothing instead because there is a good chance of encountering nasty heavy industrial dirt, grime, oil, etc. that would destroy my clothing. I would rather toss my male attire and protect my ladies clothes.

As several responses have mentioned, wearing a bra daily was an ah-ha moment, which I discovered 2+ years ago. No going back, as it definitely improved my mindset.

Charlotte7
09-10-2018, 04:20 AM
For me, and possibly to confuse this a little more, or possibly to demonstrate that there are as many gender variations as there are people, I present as a MIAD (although when dressed I always wear a bra and forms), but definitely see myself as transgender. I wear women's clothes because women wear them and I identify as a woman. I don't wear them as they are more comfortable, or that I like them, per se. I wear the clothes which are natural for me to wear. I don't feel that I have to change my appearance when I do this as I am who I am. OK, I couldn't actually pass as a woman because I am very manly looking, but that doesn't bother me, largely because many GGs don't alter their appearance when they are dressed, indeed, most of the time, they present as just who they are. So, to my mind, in presenting as who I am, then, for me, it is more natural and fits in with my idea of me being female, as opposed to being feminine. I don't need to wear make-up and a wig to see the girl in me, as I am the girl in me. To get back to the original post, then, if things were reversed then I'm sure that I would wear a three piece suit and tie, but as things stand, then I can't think of anything that I would less like to wear. As for gender neutral clothing, this is one of my biggest fears, as, for me, wanting to identify as female, then something that crosses both ways is an anathema to me and is to be avoided at all costs

Raychel
09-10-2018, 06:21 AM
Why do I dress the way I do? Why does anyone dress the way the do?

Dress the way you feel most comfortable.
I very rarely wear a wig or anything above the neck that gives me a female appearance.
So yes, 99% of the time I am a MIAD

Why you ask???
Well honestly that is the way I feel best, that is what my heart and mind tells me I should be doing.
My mind is most at easy when I and dressed as a woman from the neck down.
When I look in the mirror, I smile, That is what I am supposed to be seeing.
Not that frumpy looking guy.

May be confusing to alot of people, and honestly it is confusing tome as well.
but that is how my mind works. Lol, pretty messed up place in my head. :heehee:

kayla_bayarea
09-11-2018, 09:30 PM
Glad to see so many responses. People have been predicting the end of gendered fashion in the future and I actually do not want that to happen at all. They idea of clothing/fashion being morphed into some non-gendered blob is kind of horrifying to me. I am totally against only XX individuals can wear one type of clothes and XY individuals can only wear the other. But, I don't want to concept of femininity to be abandoned. I admit being pretty brainwashed into what the ideal feminine look is but I am happy to be brainwashed in that regards. I used to think it's the actual clothes that attract me but I don't think that's really true. I prioritize what image the clothes would project ON ME but I can still admire clothing on a hanger or shoes sitting on a shelf that just look pretty.

I remember mocking my female friends in college for wearing leggings as pants over 20 years ago. "Leggings are not pants!" Now, I wear leggings almost everyday and barely wear even jeans. If stereotypical male associated clothing suddenly became uber popular with girls I would probably start incorporating them in my daily wardrobe. On the other hand, if something like fit and flare dresses suddenly became popular with a large segment of the male population for a long time I would probably stop wearing them. They would no longer project femininity to the general population and would lose the image I want. Gender is indeed a social construct but I buy into it pretty willingly.

I hope that clothing continues to be divided into different parts of the store in the future but it doesn't mean it has to be done among male/female (which is sex, not gender). I do think something (objects, ideas, etc.) can be inherently feminine or masculine as long as we have society. A knife is a feminine weapon and a baseball bat is a masculine one. An oval looks to be a more feminine shape than a rectangle. If there are any anthropologists on here I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Since the most glaring difference between a GG and a GM is the ability to give birth I wonder if what we consider feminine and masculine is tied to this. I know that what the human population in general finds attractive on a primal basis is youth for women because youth signals the ability to give birth.

Anyway, hoping to keep the idea of gender but have it accessible to all.

Krea
09-12-2018, 02:08 AM
In reply to your original question, i am from the miad section of members and i like the look & feel of fem clothes. I also like the way i feel when i wear them. (It's a comfortable & relaxed thing, not a turned-on thing.)
I don't want to be fully en-femme and try to pass. I just feel that a genderblurred presentation at home seems the most appropriate look for me. :)

t-girlxsophie
09-12-2018, 03:43 AM
A touch off topic apologies,but what on earth is a Running Kilt I've seen them mentioned on here a few times and unless your running towards the enemy claymore in hand then I'm bemused at to what they are.And also a traditional kilt is a skirt technically but it's still a man's garment so your not crossdressing or indeed a MIAD wearing one,now of course there is a burgeoning fashion trend of mini kilts etc which is a different thing altogether

Sophie

Charlotte7
09-12-2018, 03:59 AM
A touch off topic apologies,but what on earth is a Running Kilt

Sophie, yes I was as bemused as you, so a quick search turned up the following: http://www.runningkilts.com/

I also agree with you on the gender nature of kilts in general too and so wouldn't wear one, but, a woollen, tartan, pleated skirt, that's an altogether different thing. I used to have a full length hostess kilt, which I got from a shop near Inverness, now that definitely wasn't a man's garment :)

GeorgeA
09-16-2018, 09:17 PM
I mostly agree with you, Krea. For me it is my everyday attire and I am all man, no femininity involved.

Asew
09-17-2018, 09:00 AM
As an endurance runner, running kilts have piqued my interest. I do own two running skirts and they are a little on the short side. One has built in compression shorts which is great for modesty (a small enclosed pocket for big enough for a car key (I really like these ones and might buy a another in another color). The other one is just a skirt and will only wear on solo runs since don't want someone seeing something when going up a hill during a group run. The running kilts typically are longer and are just the skirt (so no fabric in between the legs that could cause chafing). And usually a little better on pockets (which for a long run can stash more stuff like a phone or food). But I also identify more as a non-binary so a kilt and a skirt are fairly equal to me, I just love clothes that don't go between my legs :)