PDA

View Full Version : nailed it.

Allisa
09-01-2018, 04:11 PM
What's happening to me? Yesterday the hair salon, today the nail salon and you should see my acrylics, not too long and only clear coated but WOW!!! I threw all caution to the wind, I couldn't understand a word the women were saying to each other but I'm pretty sure some was about me but who cares I got me some nails. I hope I can keep them on long enough for some of my real nails to grow back in. The girl said I could polish them and kept pushing for gels but I like to change colors often, I think she saw dollar signs but you have to squeeze this turnip really hard to get blood. Maybe next is a total make over? This girl thing is way fun! OOPS!! I think I posted in the wrong section.

Tracy Irving
09-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Glad you nailed it. If you added some pictures it could have gone in the gallery.

BLUE ORCHID
09-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Hi Lisa :hugs:, It sounds like you are trying to transition one piece at a time. >Orchid ..+:daydreaming:+..

KatrinaK
09-01-2018, 06:05 PM
I wanna see your acrylics too!

Samantha Sometimes
09-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Ou im so jealous! That must’ve been so fun!!

Heather Anne
09-01-2018, 06:59 PM
I started getting my nails done January 2016 but I had an alterior motive. I had a bad habit of biting my nails or tearing them up around the house, yard work etc. It was my daughter that pushed me a bit to get acrylic nails. I did that for a year. Then my daughter suggested I try S & S. I have been doing that ever since. At first I would break, chip or crack a nail. Earlier this year when I had an appointment out of 10 nails 6 were either cracked, chipped or broken. I did figure out some of the cause - a keyboard. I was allowing my nails to get a bit too long. Now when I go in for an appointment the nails get trimmed back a bit. I do not get any nail polish applied during an appointment. I am in guy mode when I am there.

kimdl93
09-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Just enjoy yourself...makeovers included

Crissy 107
09-01-2018, 09:44 PM
I get pedicures with color every 4-5 weeks. My regular girl Traci looked at my chewed up finger nails and asked about them. I admitted I was a long time nail chewer, she said if she smoothed them out I would have nothing to bite. She did so and guess what, it actually worked. I have stopped biting my nails and keep them rounded and smooth. I do get an occasional Mani but no color although I would absolutely love pink fingernails. Crissy

Beverley Sims
09-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Allisa,
The girl thing can be expensive, with a bit of practice and the right tools you can have as much fun doing it yourself.

Teri Ray
09-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Good for you Allisa. Enjoy what makes you happy.

Teresa
09-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Lisa,
I'm saving my money until my renovation work is done , I accept some days I have good nails and the next they're gone , I try and keep the Grape Sorbet ( a nice soft pink ) colour on as much as I can even if the nails are sometimes trimmed and filed a little short . I hate to say this but it's getting round to wood gathering time which means the inevitable chain saw coming out and log splitting time , not good for nails !! ( Oh no not back to the Lumberjack song again !!!)