PDA

View Full Version : How do I look "au naturel" with minimal makeup and wearing a maxi dress?

nikkiwindsor
09-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Dressing up (or should I say "dressing down") "au naturel" was difficult for a girl like me who is so into a glamorous look. But, if I'm to try "blending" in public this is the sacrifice I apparently have to make. I'll admit the cotton maxi dress is far more comfortable than the bandage dresses I usually wear. And skipping the false eyelashes makes for a more pleasant transformation too.

Taylor, if you're reading this, perhaps my face appears less narrow since I went cold turkey with the contouring...let me know what you think (re: my post "reddit r/crossdressing")

Teri Ray
09-03-2018, 10:35 AM
I like your look. Natural suits you.

Stacy Darling
09-03-2018, 11:06 AM
you may be ready to move on to taylor town, so pretty!

Allisa
09-03-2018, 11:11 AM
You may not like this but I think you are lovely as a natural girl. If you've ever seen any of my pics you'll know I love maxi dresses and skirts and less is more when it comes to make-up.There is a place for glamour but not the grocery store.

BLUE ORCHID
09-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Hi nikki :hugs:, You just have that natural good looks about yourself. >orchid ..+:daydreaming:+..

DIANEF
09-03-2018, 11:27 AM
I think you could happily go out anywhere looking like that Nikki.

Leslie Mary S
09-03-2018, 11:41 AM
You Go Girl. Nikki that is an Ideal shopping look.
You will blend just fine till you speak.

Our voices sometimes just don't transition correctly to a dress. Say Less, Listen more. when you do speak keep the volume down low, MAKE them listen to what you have to say and say something they want to hear. Do NOT repeat your self. If they ask you what you said say it with different word and the same meaning.

SherriePall
09-03-2018, 12:19 PM
You look absolutely gorgeous, especially for dressing down. Amazing. You look so natural au naturel, you make me soooo jealous!

NancySue
09-03-2018, 12:45 PM
ChaChing, Nikki...congrats....subtle elegance. You’ll definitely blend in. (unless you wear black nylon stockings and spikes. lol) You would blend in around here. I know. I understand how you feel making “sacrifices”, but it’s necessary. Yes, mid-calf dresses, skirts and tees are very comfortable. I’ve recently “discovered” skorts. 👍 very comfortable, too. Welcome to a whole new world. Best.

DaisyLawrence
09-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Less is more.

docrobbysherry
09-03-2018, 02:30 PM
U know, Nikki, it's REALLY about what makes u the most comfortable when you're out, isn't it?:battingeyelashes:

In my case, I know I'm going be made as a MIAD. Dressing like an old lady isn't going to change that! What does change is that I HATE looking like that!:doh:

So, as long as I can't pass anyway, I mite as well like the way I look!:heehee:

Samm
09-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Oh my, Nikki :drooling:

Teresa
09-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Nikki,
Have you tried tying the wig back or a shorter wig with more bounce at the sides , it may help to reshape the face and give it a rounder look , also have you experimented with different colours ? I find a blond wig lets you tone the makeup down , a darker wig frames the face possibly more harshly and requires more makeup . I bet you make a stunning blond even with very little makeup !

Nothing wrong with the dress it's very wearable and easily dressed up or down .

Cassidy
09-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Hey Nikki,

You look outstanding. Didn't I mention you would love wearing a maxi in one of the PMs I sent? Your makeup is just enough to show you are wearing something but not so much to suggest you are wearing something. Top Job.

Cassidy

Kandi Robbins
09-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Perfectly lovely!

RADER
09-03-2018, 06:08 PM
You look great. Very attractive. I like your hair, it does you well.
Rader

Lana Mae
09-03-2018, 06:17 PM
One word: Lovely! Hugs Lana Mae

Tina Davis
09-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Nikki, you are lovely in the maxi and "natural" makeup. A whole new world is opening up for you! :hugs:

Jaylyn
09-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Nikki I think you are a natural for sure. You are right about blending with the way you look in these two pictures. I see many GGs and my wife that just dab on a very little lipstick and very small amount of eye makeup and are out in the public all the time. I would venture to say also that many never even use any makeup and no one says they are are not GGs. I believe many over do the makeup. I do because I love getting heavily made up and playing around the house. It's because I'm not out and probably will be. I love the heavy makeup and crazy short skirts and if I went out I would be laughed at and ran out of the county, or arrested for looking like a lady of the night ( hooker).
You look great natural.

alwayshave
09-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Nikki, very nice look. Works well for day time.

Diane Smith
09-03-2018, 08:48 PM
I have also been trying out a more minimalist approach to makeup lately and find that it aids my self confidence.

I do have one suggestion based on your photos, though. In the second picture, I believe I can see a little bit of shine/oiliness on the left side of your nose. If we ever saw this in the TV studios (that's "television," no pun intended) where I have worked, somebody would immediately add a dab of translucent powder to cut the reflections. This is a very subtle step that improves your look regardless of gender.

- Diane

nikkiwindsor
09-03-2018, 09:11 PM
I like your look. Natural suits you.

Thank you...I'm slowly getting use to it

- - - Updated - - -

you may be ready to move on to taylor town, so pretty!

I'm waiting for Taylor's invite...she's disappeared on me! Happy to know I'm pretty when in minimalist mode!

- - - Updated - - -

You may not like this but I think you are lovely as a natural girl. If you've ever seen any of my pics you'll know I love maxi dresses and skirts and less is more when it comes to make-up.There is a place for glamour but not the grocery store.

As of yesterday I wouldn't have liked being lovely as a natural girl, but I have to admit it's slowly growing on me. My GFs who have been giving me a hard time about my over the top glamour are likely having a great laugh at my expense. I've said I wouldn't go natural and now I'm eating my words!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi nikki :hugs:, You just have that natural good looks about yourself. >orchid ..+:daydreaming:+..

Thank you! I always thought more was best...I'm starting to think no, that's not true

- - - Updated - - -

I think you could happily go out anywhere looking like that Nikki.

Now, i have to think about where to go...in the past it's always been LGBT friendly clubs...have to check it out and see if you're right...can I experience happy while wearing so little makeup?

Becky Blue
09-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Finally we get to see the real Nikki Windsor the beautiful natural looking girl that has been hiding behind tubs of makeup for years...love your casual look.. The great outdoors is calling you!

Tracii G
09-03-2018, 09:15 PM
I think you look nice with less make up to be honest all the contouring seemed to look too "chiseled".
By that I mean sharp edges that light seemed to reflect off of.
You have a nice soft aire about you in these pics.
I have found less is way more when it comes to make up. Several years ago I would have said you were crazy to even think that LOL.
A GG friend of mine gave me a good talking to about too much make up so I tried less and found she was right.

nikkiwindsor
09-03-2018, 09:30 PM
You Go Girl. Nikki that is an Ideal shopping look.
You will blend just fine till you speak.

Our voices sometimes just don't transition correctly to a dress. Say Less, Listen more. when you do speak keep the volume down low, MAKE them listen to what you have to say and say something they want to hear. Do NOT repeat your self. If they ask you what you said say it with different word and the same meaning.

Well, I do love shopping...but it's always been online...don't know if I'll get the nerve to shop in person en femme...something to think about...thanks for all the tips about talking...it would be great to practice our voices with each other to help us develop female sounding speech

- - - Updated - - -

You look absolutely gorgeous, especially for dressing down. Amazing. You look so natural au naturel, you make me soooo jealous!

Ooo..thank you! And you're so glamorous in your avatar pic (I do still love glam!). Have you tried a more natural look too?

- - - Updated - - -

ChaChing, Nikki...congrats....subtle elegance. You’ll definitely blend in. (unless you wear black nylon stockings and spikes. lol) You would blend in around here. I know. I understand how you feel making “sacrifices”, but it’s necessary. Yes, mid-calf dresses, skirts and tees are very comfortable. I’ve recently “discovered” skorts. 👍 very comfortable, too. Welcome to a whole new world. Best.

Sacrificing makeup and tight dresses was a challenge...certainly I'll still glam up when I have that tug or going out clubbing. Now, the question is when will I have the courage to expand my world since I'll be appropriately dressed to not draw attention. With this look, I'll forgo my heels which means I'll be bare foot until I buy some sandals...all my shoes are high heels...pretty obvious given when I go glam it's over the top in everything, shoes included

- - - Updated - - -

Less is more.

I now agree...but that's a change for me

Crissy 107
09-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Nikki, You look beautiful with this look and like I said before, you would look good in an onion sack.
Crissy

Frannie7
09-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Nikki: I think that is a very nice, natural look on you. Maybe as Teresa suggested you could experiment with shorter hair and/or lighter colour. It's still a great look.

nikkiwindsor
09-03-2018, 09:48 PM
U know, Nikki, it's REALLY about what makes u the most comfortable when you're out, isn't it?:battingeyelashes:

In my case, I know I'm going be made as a MIAD. Dressing like an old lady isn't going to change that! What does change is that I HATE looking like that!:doh:

So, as long as I can't pass anyway, I mite as well like the way I look!:heehee:

I'm eating my words...I've learned that unless I'm clubbing I need a more natural look. And I can look good with less makeup which I didn't think was possible...I always thought more was better

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my, Nikki :drooling:

I still cannot believe I can look good with less makeup...it's so illogical...more should mean better...this is a paradox, a conundrum to me

- - - Updated - - -

Nikki,
Have you tried tying the wig back or a shorter wig with more bounce at the sides , it may help to reshape the face and give it a rounder look , also have you experimented with different colours ? I find a blond wig lets you tone the makeup down , a darker wig frames the face possibly more harshly and requires more makeup . I bet you make a stunning blond even with very little makeup !

Nothing wrong with the dress it's very wearable and easily dressed up or down .

I've posted pics with shorter and longer ashe blonde and platinum blonde hairstyles...there out here in the forum...but, I think brunette with longer hair suits my oblong face best. If you cannot find my blonde pics, just let me know...do love the maxi dress...very comfortable

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Nikki,

You look outstanding. Didn't I mention you would love wearing a maxi in one of the PMs I sent? Your makeup is just enough to show you are wearing something but not so much to suggest you are wearing something. Top Job.

Cassidy

Thank you so much Cassidy!...you were so right about the maxi dress, very pretty, very comfortable - interesting thing about a more natural look. I'm still wearing makeup but doing so in a more casual way. Still using foundation (powder foundation), neutral matte lipstick, warm earth tone eye shadow and grey (as opposed to black) eyeliner and mascara - not wearing false eyelashes which has always been a staple of mine. And ditched the contouring for this look.

Beverley Sims
09-04-2018, 12:00 AM
Nikki,
In either shot you look acceptable.

chelyann
09-04-2018, 12:06 AM
you look fantastic and have a natural beauty

Cassiek
09-04-2018, 12:40 AM
You look very nice natural beauty

cindy777
09-04-2018, 03:50 AM
You look amazing Nikki with or without make up :)

Roxanne Lanyon
09-04-2018, 05:28 AM
Oh Nikki, I am so jealous! I am going to try that, in my long, blue evening gown! Oh, maybe I will be quite attractive in it!
Nikki, I think being attractive is the epitome of my dressing, and I so want to please admirers, so much! I dream of sweet compliments, and touches, that will make me blush!
Your Roxanne

biancabellelover
09-04-2018, 06:49 AM
You have a lovely look, whether made up or not.

Sometimes less is more.

Michelle

Rosemary+
09-04-2018, 07:33 AM
Nikki,
You look lovely, all I see is one very attractive woman

Maid_Marion
09-04-2018, 07:33 AM
What do the GGs in your age wear? In some areas kitten heels are popular.

I think we worry too much about height. Men tend to focus on height because taller men tend to be the ones in charge. Let it go.

But, women in charge are typically distinguished by what they wear. The boss will dress a little more elegantly than those who work underneath her. And, what sticks out to women are errors in dressing. Choosing clothes that are inappropriate for the situation. Evening wear isn't the same as what they wear to work. I heard of a fashion store manager who got a warning because she wasn't wearing heels to work.

Perhaps the biggest step to take is to learning to trust the opinion of GGs. Some guys just can't do that.

nikkiwindsor
09-04-2018, 08:31 PM
I do feel lovely and not overly made up! Thanks Kandi!

- - - Updated - - -

You look great. Very attractive. I like your hair, it does you well.
Rader

I do feel more natural as a brunette than when I'm ashe or platinum blonde

- - - Updated - - -

appreciate the compliment!

- - - Updated - - -

Now, that I look more natural I'm trying to think up venues to go out en femme...nervous just thinking about it

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to have to put my natural look to the test and go out to a proper venue wearing little makeup and my maxi dress...just need to get sandals and a large handbag that would tie in nicely with my blue maxi

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to go out in day time and try out my new look...I've never been anywhere in the day dressed up

Teresa
09-05-2018, 05:54 AM
Nikki,
I may have suggeted it before but do you have a local social group ? That is a good way of testing the water , my first time out was with a social group but held in a small hotel so I had the safety in numbers factor but got to mix with the public .

I must admit I did jump in at the deep end , my first time out after I moved was to do all my jobs I would have normally done in drab but do them all dressed . So I took in a DIY store, a supermarket , fuel fill up , a trip to an Auto centre and to make an appointment at my local GP surgery . By the time I arrived home I felt like I was on cloud nine ! All those fears of what could happen had evaporated away , now within that short time ( about six months) I now refuse to do any jobs around town in drab , most people now only know me as Teresa . I have pushed that limit by returning to my old home town , or as I called it in a thread , " Enemy territory !" That worked out far better than I expected , I met my art group , and took in a film in the local cinema , to walk down my local High Street and pass people who I knew without being recognised did feel very good .

OK I admit there is the line between saying , " Hell I can do this ! " and asking yourself , " Why the hell did I do it ?" but to not do it means there has to be a next time so why chicken out the first time ?

nikkiwindsor
09-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Nikki I think you are a natural for sure. You are right about blending with the way you look in these two pictures. I see many GGs and my wife that just dab on a very little lipstick and very small amount of eye makeup and are out in the public all the time. I would venture to say also that many never even use any makeup and no one says they are are not GGs. I believe many over do the makeup. I do because I love getting heavily made up and playing around the house. It's because I'm not out and probably will be. I love the heavy makeup and crazy short skirts and if I went out I would be laughed at and ran out of the county, or arrested for looking like a lady of the night ( hooker).
You look great natural.

Jayln...oh I know what u mean about enjoying heavy makeup...I'm sooo into makeup...I'm excited about my "less is more" more natural look. My wife rarely wears makeup and she's beautiful without it...but, I wish she'd apply at least a little bit b/c it would play up her attractive features even more. Moderation evidently is key to blending

- - - Updated - - -

Alwayshave...now that I have a daytime look I need to get out and about during the day...I've only been in public (and not truly in public since it was LGBGT friendly clubs) late at night

Sarah Louise
09-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Nikki, you do look great in your glammed up photos, but I much prefer this more natural look. Very nice. Very nice indeed!

nikkiwindsor
09-05-2018, 09:03 PM
I have also been trying out a more minimalist approach to makeup lately and find that it aids my self confidence.

I do have one suggestion based on your photos, though. In the second picture, I believe I can see a little bit of shine/oiliness on the left side of your nose. If we ever saw this in the TV studios (that's "television," no pun intended) where I have worked, somebody would immediately add a dab of translucent powder to cut the reflections. This is a very subtle step that improves your look regardless of gender.

- Diane

Hi Diane, I'm guessing, you've had the same experience as I about how difficult it is to tone down our makeup routine. I am so use to wearing a lot of makeup - a change is difficult. But, like you my confidence has improved by going with a more subdued approach. I'm still wearing makeup. Just wearing it differently and less of it. I see what you mean about the reflection. I'm guessing it's my oily skin. I'll remember to put a little extra powder on my nose! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Becky, it may be a bit early to tell if this is the "real" Nikki Windsor...lol...To follow on with your "great outdoors is calling me" metaphor, inside myself, I'm still roaring GLAM, GLAM, GLAM. I've had to put a leash on my inner "glam" tiger or more truthfully, place inner "glam" tiger in a cage to pull off this more subtle and natural appearance. I'm definitely becoming more comfortable with my new casual look. We'll see if it sticks long enough for me to explore the outback as a boring, blending in the background, Koala bear as opposed to a "here I am pay attention to me" tiger! Nikki p.s. if this more natural routine prevails, I'll be buying my makeup in pint size cartons and no longer tubs!

- - - Updated - - -

Tracii, I appreciate what you mean by a too "chiseled" look...I guess I was pretending to be a Kardashian inspired makeup fiend. Sweet of you to say I have a nice soft aire expressed in my most recent pics. I do feel calmer inside with a more natural look. When I wear a lot of makeup I feel more stressed and nervous even though it's far calmer than the unsettled feelings I have while in "boy mode." I may be entering the phase that you realized several years ago that less is way more when it comes to makeup. I can imagine it's so helpful to have GG friends providing constructive feedback to help get us on the right path. Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Crissy,

i feel like going from wearing body hugging bodycon dresses to sporting a flowing maxi dress sets me on path to putting on an onion sack next. Love your compliments! Nikki

Shely
09-05-2018, 09:05 PM
You look perfectly natural and happy. It isn't necessary to go the whole nine yards all the time. Women don't always do the entire makeup job. You look FINE.

nikkiwindsor
09-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Nikki: I think that is a very nice, natural look on you. Maybe as Teresa suggested you could experiment with shorter hair and/or lighter colour. It's still a great look.

Frannie,

Since i'm trying to blend in, I'll likely refrain from shorter/lighter hair which actually brings more attention to myself - I'm trying to blend in here girlfriend! Here's a pic of me with shorter/lighter blonde hair and strong makeup. I guess I could try the same hairstyle/color with less makeup. But, simply being a blonde definitely draws attention. I think that most of the time I'll leave it to our current blondes (Becky, Teresa, others) to grab the attention associated with being a blonde. I feel that brunette and longer hair suits my more natural look as it works so well for the beauty you present in your avatar.

Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Beverly, I'll take "acceptable" as a compliment since, IMO, it aligns with a more natural look, harmonized to going out in public places during the daytime. Judging by all the great feedback I've received from my forum GFs, my glamorous look was completely "unacceptable" unless attending to late night clubbing! Nikki

Teresa
09-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Nikki,
Believe me you are worrying far too much , once you've manged a few trips out you'll wonder what all the fuss is about .

The blond wig is really very good , if you try taking the longer ends away from your chin and put a touch of bounce in the sides the face shape will become more rounded . Also the eyes are very good perhaps they want toning them down for everyday but maybe put a little more colour on you lips . May I ask if the picture was taken as a selfie on your phone ? If so it might be an idea to find someone to take your pics with a longer lens , it's not cheating but mobile phone cameras don't produce a natural picture , noses and chins dominate the picture and tend to look larger .

DonnaP
09-06-2018, 01:11 PM
I say you look very Beautiful I Like makeup but sometimes I think Women look best with minimal amounts.

Helen_Highwater
09-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Nikki,

As my header says, I was shocked and stunned that you have never been out! From all the pics I'd ever seen of you I'd made the assumption that you are a regular "goer outer". It never occurred to me that you had yet to venture out.

All I can say is you've left it far too long.

I fully understand the nervousness in taking those first steps from my own experiences. Scary doesn't do it justice. That said I'm so glad I made that leap for without it I'd have forsaken so many lovely experiences.

Even if you have to drive over 100 miles, as I did, to attend your first social/support group, do it. Meeting like minded others helps enormously. It was after talking to a CD'er who, and I don't want to be cruel here, wouldn't pass (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVLtJxBqtSA), nay even blend well, who went out regularly, gave me the confidence to go out shopping the following day.

It's a hot topic on the forum, passing Vs blending and it'd come as no surprise that I'm on the side of blending. You have it in your gift to merge into the crowd. Dressing up to the nines is something we all enjoy, looking like the bees knees. That however is something GG's do on rare occasions so it's something we should emulate. Your dress down pics look just fine. Yep it's counter intuitive but having said that it's also true that enough is as good as a feast and that applies to makeup as well as clothing.

I don't pass but I believe I dress in such a way as I can move through a busy shopping mall in relative anonymity. Sure a few will read me but I've learned to not react, to stay calm and carry on.

You need to decide to do this in your own time and pace but please be assured that you have it within your power to experience that which so many of us have. The joy, elation and satisfaction of being you, out in muggle land.

I wish you all speed.

rian
09-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Natural indeed

nikkiwindsor
09-06-2018, 07:52 PM
you look fantastic and have a natural beauty

Thank you for being so kind!

- - - Updated - - -

You look very nice natural beauty

So happy to receive your compliment!

- - - Updated - - -

You look amazing Nikki with or without make up :)

As always...thank you Cindy!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Nikki, I am so jealous! I am going to try that, in my long, blue evening gown! Oh, maybe I will be quite attractive in it!
Nikki, I think being attractive is the epitome of my dressing, and I so want to please admirers, so much! I dream of sweet compliments, and touches, that will make me blush!
Your Roxanne

I'm just like you and so many others who literally dream of receiving wonderful compliments and blushing in return!

- - - Updated - - -

You have a lovely look, whether made up or not.

Sometimes less is more.

Michelle

It is trying to be in harmony with the setting and event...I was so fixated on dressing to the 9's regardless. I've only been to clubs a few times and always when it's halloween...haven't had the courage to go out "for real"...hope to change that once I become more comfortable with this natural style.

- - - Updated - - -

Nikki,
You look lovely, all I see is one very attractive woman

Thank you Rosemary...I'm not going to truly feel attractive until I'm successful in blending in with people in the real world...not late night clubbing at LGBT friendly places during the halloween holiday

- - - Updated - - -

What do the GGs in your age wear? In some areas kitten heels are popular.

I think we worry too much about height. Men tend to focus on height because taller men tend to be the ones in charge. Let it go.

But, women in charge are typically distinguished by what they wear. The boss will dress a little more elegantly than those who work underneath her. And, what sticks out to women are errors in dressing. Choosing clothes that are inappropriate for the situation. Evening wear isn't the same as what they wear to work. I heard of a fashion store manager who got a warning because she wasn't wearing heels to work.

Perhaps the biggest step to take is to learning to trust the opinion of GGs. Some guys just can't do that.

Cis-women my age wear kitten heels and wedges...I'm looking for a pretty pair of sandals without a heel...I've had the opportunity to get some feedback from GGs...they told me to get rid of my hip pads, that they weren't needed...one of these days I hope my wife will look at my pics or see me dressed and provide some honest feedback to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Nikki,
I may have suggeted it before but do you have a local social group ? That is a good way of testing the water , my first time out was with a social group but held in a small hotel so I had the safety in numbers factor but got to mix with the public .

I must admit I did jump in at the deep end , my first time out after I moved was to do all my jobs I would have normally done in drab but do them all dressed . So I took in a DIY store, a supermarket , fuel fill up , a trip to an Auto centre and to make an appointment at my local GP surgery . By the time I arrived home I felt like I was on cloud nine ! All those fears of what could happen had evaporated away , now within that short time ( about six months) I now refuse to do any jobs around town in drab , most people now only know me as Teresa . I have pushed that limit by returning to my old home town , or as I called it in a thread , " Enemy territory !" That worked out far better than I expected , I met my art group , and took in a film in the local cinema , to walk down my local High Street and pass people who I knew without being recognised did feel very good .

OK I admit there is the line between saying , " Hell I can do this ! " and asking yourself , " Why the hell did I do it ?" but to not do it means there has to be a next time so why chicken out the first time ?

Teresa,

There's a social group about 1.5 hours away...I'll have to give some thought to visiting them. I've ordered and received a few new maxi dresses...and most are very beautiful. If I get more comfortable wearing them along with my more natural look I may get the courage to go and about in a nearby city. Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

I say you look very Beautiful I Like makeup but sometimes I think Women look best with minimal amounts.

So nice to receive your complement...hope to post more natural looking pics for feedback, assuring I'm still on the right track

phili
09-07-2018, 07:49 AM
Nikki, I don't see any 'sacrifice', just a beautiful girl.

Makeup does not the girl make-
[Shakespeare? lol well it's true anyway- you are you, au naturel is natural]

BrendaPDX
09-07-2018, 07:54 AM
I think you look great. Can we see the whole dress?

DMichele
09-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Nikki,
You look fantastic no matter your look (i.e. minimal or glam makeup), and you rock both hair styles and colors.

sugababe
09-07-2018, 07:38 PM
you look like a woman.

you have a prominent chin but you still look feminine

nikkiwindsor
09-08-2018, 06:25 AM
Nikki,

As my header says, I was shocked and stunned that you have never been out! From all the pics I'd ever seen of you I'd made the assumption that you are a regular "goer outer". It never occurred to me that you had yet to venture out.

All I can say is you've left it far too long.

I fully understand the nervousness in taking those first steps from my own experiences. Scary doesn't do it justice. That said I'm so glad I made that leap for without it I'd have forsaken so many lovely experiences.

Even if you have to drive over 100 miles, as I did, to attend your first social/support group, do it. Meeting like minded others helps enormously. It was after talking to a CD'er who, and I don't want to be cruel here, wouldn't pass (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVLtJxBqtSA), nay even blend well, who went out regularly, gave me the confidence to go out shopping the following day.

It's a hot topic on the forum, passing Vs blending and it'd come as no surprise that I'm on the side of blending. You have it in your gift to merge into the crowd. Dressing up to the nines is something we all enjoy, looking like the bees knees. That however is something GG's do on rare occasions so it's something we should emulate. Your dress down pics look just fine. Yep it's counter intuitive but having said that it's also true that enough is as good as a feast and that applies to makeup as well as clothing.

I don't pass but I believe I dress in such a way as I can move through a busy shopping mall in relative anonymity. Sure a few will read me but I've learned to not react, to stay calm and carry on.

You need to decide to do this in your own time and pace but please be assured that you have it within your power to experience that which so many of us have. The joy, elation and satisfaction of being you, out in muggle land.

I wish you all speed.

Yes, it's true...I really haven't been out...almost always closeted in my home or on occasion out to my back yard. I've only visited a few LGBT friendly bars during Halloween. This certainly doesn't "count" as being out and about in public. Right now, I'm giving serious thought to going out during the day (maybe a visit to the seamstress who altered my mermaid gown). She was rather surprised when I brought her the gown. Oh dear, no idea how she'd see me transformed and expressing my true inner self. So, I'm working to gather some additional items I'd need to go out during the day. I just bought a large handbag. Unfortunately, the sandals (no heels!) I bought are just a bit too small. Tomorrow, I'll hopefully find something that fits and then we'll go from there. The idea of going out excites me and scares me...I get ansey just thinking about it! Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it's true...I really haven't been out...almost always closeted in my home or on occasion out to my back yard. I've only visited a few LGBT friendly bars during Halloween. This certainly doesn't "count" as being out and about in public. Right now, I'm giving serious thought to going out during the day (maybe a visit to the seamstress who altered my mermaid gown). She was rather surprised when I brought her the gown. Oh dear, no idea how she'd see me transformed and expressing my true inner self. So, I'm working to gather some additional items I'd need to go out during the day. I just bought a large handbag. Unfortunately, the sandals (no heels!) I bought are just a bit too small. Tomorrow, I'll hopefully find something that fits and then we'll go from there. The idea of going out excites me and scares me...I get ansey just thinking about it! Nikki

Helen,

Last night I bought a large handbag that I think will go with my maxi dress. Unfortunately, I also bought two pair of sandals and they're both too small...why can't women size shoes be consistent in their sizing? So, it back to the store to make some returns and try to find the right size. If I can get everything together, maybe, just maybe I'll get out of the house!

Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Nikki, you do look great in your glammed up photos, but I much prefer this more natural look. Very nice. Very nice indeed!

Thank you Sarah...I'll prefer the more natural look if I get out in public and find that I can blend in...boring is the goal! Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

You look perfectly natural and happy. It isn't necessary to go the whole nine yards all the time. Women don't always do the entire makeup job. You look FINE.

Shely, I do feel much less stressed with a more natural look. It's a weird dichotomy...I'm still uncomfortable wearing less makeup but I am less anxious than when I dress to the whole nine yards. FINE is good...FINE is boring! Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Nikki,
Believe me you are worrying far too much , once you've manged a few trips out you'll wonder what all the fuss is about .

The blond wig is really very good , if you try taking the longer ends away from your chin and put a touch of bounce in the sides the face shape will become more rounded . Also the eyes are very good perhaps they want toning them down for everyday but maybe put a little more colour on you lips . May I ask if the picture was taken as a selfie on your phone ? If so it might be an idea to find someone to take your pics with a longer lens , it's not cheating but mobile phone cameras don't produce a natural picture , noses and chins dominate the picture and tend to look larger .

But Teresa, I'm the worrying type...and the perfectionist type...and the anxious type! Oh, no...the blonde hairstyle will draw too much attention and its a synthetic while my brunette wig is 100% European hair and looks much more realistic in person. The hair naturally flows and bounces and doesn't tangle...not one bit. Yes, my pics are selfies. I didn't know selfies alter your appearance somewhat. It's really hard for me to judge how I look b/c I just see my masculine features standing out. I'll dig out my old digital camera and take some pics and see if there's a difference in my appearance. Nikki

Connie D50
09-08-2018, 06:58 AM
I think you look great

Angie G
09-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Very nice Nikki you do have a nice girl look with or without make-up :hugs:
Angie

nikkiwindsor
09-09-2018, 11:30 AM
With each passing day, I'm getting more use to the natural look...my makeup routine is certainly much quicker and easier!

- - - Updated - - -

Nikki, I don't see any 'sacrifice', just a beautiful girl.

Makeup does not the girl make-
[Shakespeare? lol well it's true anyway- you are you, au naturel is natural]

Thank you for the kind note Phili...I am beginning to feel more natural (more my true self) being au naturel. I might be starting to realize that I was hiding myself under all the glam makeup. Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brenda...oh, most certainly you can see me in the whole dress. I've taken some outdoor pics. Since I'm becoming increasingly comfortable with a less glam and more natural look, I think I'll post the pic as my new avatar. Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brenda...I've posted a pic of me wearing the whole dress as my new avatar. Nikki

Diane1950
09-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Better watch your choice of words... "au naturel" usually means "in the nude" lol

CherylFlint
09-09-2018, 03:10 PM
The key to "passing" is "blending.
Do whatever it takes.
I'm lucky: my wife has the final say on how I look, whether it's just around the
house or to go to the mall.
She has me dress and then she'll invite some of her friends over for coffee.
I would like to "play maid" but not as yet, so I'm just in the other room on
the computer; going to the kitchen getting a drink now and then; or letting the
dog out and then the dog in.
I think she's letting her friends know she's the boss, and she's right.
Like your dress. Mind if I ask what kind of pads you're wearing and what kind and size of bra?

nikkiwindsor
09-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Nikki,
You look fantastic no matter your look (i.e. minimal or glam makeup), and you rock both hair styles and colors.

Hi Michele, I was surprised to learn that I could look decent with minimal makeup...for all these many, many years I thought more was better. I'll admit that, happily, I was wrong. Thank you for the positive words! Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

you look like a woman.

you have a prominent chin but you still look feminine

Ooo...I so like knowing that I look like a woman...I know I feel like a woman. I'll readily agree that I have a prominent chin. It does look worse in pics than in the mirror but it's definitely pronounced nonetheless. If I had FFS, the chin would be first thing changed that's for sure! I do appreciate your honest opinion about how I look...Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

I think you look great

Thanks Connie!

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice Nikki you do have a nice girl look with or without make-up :hugs:
Angie

Hi Angie, haha - lol...I've gone to less makeup but definitely not no makeup! Nikki p.s. I'm genuinely nice on the inside too...happy to know my outside matches my inside - nobody likes cookies that are crisp on the outside and uncooked on the inside. Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

Better watch your choice of words... "au naturel" usually means "in the nude" lol

Oh dear...not posting that!

- - - Updated - - -

The key to "passing" is "blending.
Do whatever it takes.
I'm lucky: my wife has the final say on how I look, whether it's just around the
house or to go to the mall.
She has me dress and then she'll invite some of her friends over for coffee.
I would like to "play maid" but not as yet, so I'm just in the other room on
the computer; going to the kitchen getting a drink now and then; or letting the
dog out and then the dog in.
I think she's letting her friends know she's the boss, and she's right.
Like your dress. Mind if I ask what kind of pads you're wearing and what kind and size of bra?

Cheryl, how wonderful to have a supportive wife who provides feedback to you...I wish I had the same from my wife. She knows all about my feminine side but doesn't want to see me...wwaahh! Hopefully, that'll change some day which is a real possibility given that when she first learned about all of me she was not even to DADT...she was don't dress up...I don't like it. Now, she at least tolerates it.

I'm not wearing any pads...just a corset, "Paramour" underwire, convertible bra (size 38c), and forms. Geeze, the things I do for my girlfriends...I had to take my dress of to see the name of the bra...not easy refastening the upper back button on my halter maxi dress! Nikki

Anne E
09-14-2018, 08:42 PM
You look comfortable and confident and happy.

KatrinaK
09-14-2018, 09:06 PM
I always grieve the loss of contouring, but you look stunning!

Janine cd
09-14-2018, 09:12 PM
I love the look. I wish that I could look half as you do with makeup.

DressyJenny
09-14-2018, 10:14 PM
You look great! The maxidress is a nice touch.

t-girlxsophie
09-15-2018, 09:26 AM
You look fantastic and you have a lovely smile.

I like to think I'm in front of most things make-up,fashion wise etc but Contouring is something I just can't get right

Sophie

Jaymie
09-15-2018, 07:58 PM
I think you look nice.... lucky girl!

Rachel05
09-22-2018, 06:59 AM
You look fabulous, I will have to look up some of your pictures when you are dressed up, the "dressed down" look definitely suits you

KatrinaK
09-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Nikki, I think that many of us here would be interested in how you balanced the need for color correct on your chinny chin chin (and at least in my case need to cover up GOOD with full coverage foundation) with the natural look. Would you indulge us and give us your quick recap of your base layers for your natural look? Inquiring minds want to know, and you could probably get Sephora to sponsor the thread.

nikkiwindsor
09-23-2018, 01:52 PM
Nikki, I think that many of us here would be interested in how you balanced the need for color correct on your chinny chin chin (and at least in my case need to cover up GOOD with full coverage foundation) with the natural look. Would you indulge us and give us your quick recap of your base layers for your natural look? Inquiring minds want to know, and you could probably get Sephora to sponsor the thread.

Hi Katrina, You and other gals on the forum are probably not going to be happy with my answer. It's not going to be any help. I'm a strawberry blonde - red head (yay! I'm a Ginger which makes me extra, extra special!). So, my body hair to include my sparse facial hair is extremely light in color and difficult to see. I can easily go a day without shaving in male mode and no one notices any beard growth. Given my fortunate situation, I don't need any beard cover. I just apply MAC StudioFix powder foundation in a medium shade and I'm good to go! Nikki p.s. when I go with a more natural look I greatly reduce the amount of contouring, highlighting and strobing.

MsEva
09-26-2018, 05:12 PM
You look stunning! So natural and pretty. I would say that is the only up side of getting older, my beard is totally white. So I think I don't need foundation for a fem face.

Becky Blue
09-27-2018, 01:46 AM
Katrina, if your not one of those lucky rangas (Red heads nickname in Australia) like Nikki, get laser before its too late and all those dark hairs turn white and cant be killed off...