PDA

View Full Version : Dressing as therapy.

somestimeskaren
09-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Every weekend I get all made up choose an outfit and pick out a wig (I have 7) and relax around the house or go for a drive. I feel that I need this time as Karen to keep sane, it's my mental health therapy, I'd go crazy if I couldn't dress, it helps deal with the stress from work and the family issues going on right now. My son who's 40 is moving back home since the breakup of his marriage .He can't afford to live on his own right now and since I live alone he'll live with me until he can get his own place. He is aware that I crossdress, has known since before his mother and I split but said nothing. It's not a big deal to him, hasn't treated me any differently we've always been close. I thought he had no clue. He said when he was a teen he was looking in my room for a Playboy or Penthouse mag and instead found a CD mail order catalogue. apparently he asked his mom what it meant and she told him I sometimes dressed. I had no idea they had this conversation.My problem now is even though he knows I dress he hasn't met me as Karen in fact I haven't even told him my femme name yet. I need to dress for my mental health so that means now I almost have to make an appointment, I have to let him know when I plan to dress so that he can be out of the house and when it 's OK to return .He hasn't said anything about meeting me when I'm dressed but I want him to meet Karen. He knows about this side of his dad and I don't want to hide anymore. I think I'll ask if he would be comfortable meeting my femme persona and leave it up to him. If he says yes no more hiding if he says no we'll continue as we have been. I'm hoping we can arrange a meeting.

BLUE ORCHID
09-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Hi Karen :hugs:, I think that it is time for a little Father-Son talk now. ..):daydreaming:0..

Allisa
09-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Your house, your rules, he's an adult and living at home , maybe show him a few pictures of Karen than explain that there is no middle ground any more your health depends on it. If he doesn't like it tell him to go to his room.

Veronica4me
09-08-2018, 09:36 PM
I think your idea is a good one.

docrobbysherry
09-09-2018, 12:48 AM
I find my dressing to be a compulsion. And, theraputic as well. I had to have that talk with my adult, live with me, daughter. She does not want to to talk about or see, Sherry. So, we have a DADT relationship. As u mentioned, I tell when and where I'll dress and she arranges to avoid me.

U mentioning wanting Karen to meet your son confuses me. Unless u r coming out, why do u desire that? What if he, like my daughter, has no interest in seeing his dad in makeup, wig, and a dress? Why would u wish for him to see u like that?

Rachelakld
09-09-2018, 02:48 AM
Probably a good idea to show a small photo on your phone so he knows you wear regular clothes and not running around the house in skimpy nighties.
The just give him a heads up as to when you intend to dress, when you will leave the house and when you expect to be back home, that way it becomes his choice if he sees you.

Beverley Sims
09-11-2018, 07:59 AM
I think you should bring the subject up with him sometime.

Establish what objections he may have.