PDA

View Full Version : I think I wanted to be caught............

Desiree2bababe
09-10-2018, 11:51 AM
As I compiled these 1970's recollections of being discovered as a transvestite, it’s highly likely I secretly desired the attention it garnered.

Age 15, Mother: I’d dressed in my sister’s clothes, Mother’s wig, and very little makeup and driven to our local Holiday Inn. Manager made me and asked me to leave. When I got home Mom was waiting on me in my sisters’ room and very upset. She told me if I did this again, she’d make me dress in front of the family.

Age 16, my friend’s father, a local cop, saw me strutting my stuff in front of the post office’s windows. Never knew about it until his son told me a year later.

Age 16, local kids saw me purchase my first wig at the downtown wig shop; It was a Farah Fawcett wig. They made fun of me Monday at school.

Age 16, my friends’ saw me strutting at the local motel in a mini-dress I’d swiped from one of the sexiest girls at school; got teased Monday at school.

Age 16, two cute girls set me up to see if I’d steal their unwanted girl clothes. I did, however, they did nothing more than laugh at me.

Age 17, hwy patrol, pulled me over while I was dressed.

Age 18, cops, dressed street walking, got scared tried to run. They caught me and I spent a weekend in jail Parents had to bail me out; very embarrassing.

Age 27, co-worker, dressed to the nines I’d gone to work one evening thinking I was alone, Co-worker called my male name, I panicked and hid under a desk. He didn’t have a clue the hottie under the desk was me, called the police. They arrive and start to cuff me as I crawled from under the desk on their command. I begged him to tell them I worked there, he did and cops left. He told me my secret would be kept.

Kelly DeWinter
09-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Okkkkkkk ?

Some questions
At 15 you were driven to the holiday Inn ? Is'nt that illegal ?
Post offices window ? were you inside ? and why ?
strutting at the local motel ?
stole clothes ?
street walking ?

Not passing judgement, but it sounds like there is more then attention.

Are you past the attention phase ?

dana digs sweaters
09-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Well! Quite the experiences to have Desiree!
Never going back in the closet at age 15.
Swipe the car to go to the motel? Mother noticed her wig missing and deduced their was only one family member who took it?
Such a strong pull for all of us to the softer side of fashion :o

Jaylyn
09-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Desiree don't know if you were wanting to be caught so much as maybe just the inner desire to dress was more than your inner desire to think clearly about the consequences that dressing might cause.

Leslie Langford
09-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Sounds like the tip of the iceberg. So what's been happening since that time? A period of remission, or did you really go off the deep end instead?

If the latter, then with the pervasiveness and easy accessibility of social media these days, your head must be exploding with all the unlimited means of indulging in your exhibitionist tendencies now at your disposal.

Micki_Finn
09-10-2018, 03:23 PM
No offense intended, but if you’re strutting around in front of post offices and hotels, it’s not getting “caught”.

RADER
09-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Your story belongs in a move. I bet all the CD's would come to view it.
Rader

phili
09-10-2018, 09:36 PM
That's a kick! You daring, girl. Now we want to know what happened in the 9 years missing from your resume...

Charlotte7
09-11-2018, 03:03 AM
Some things on here just make me wonder at this life we all lead

docrobbysherry
09-11-2018, 03:56 AM
Your story, "Thinking u may want to be caught", is like a guy jumping out of a plane in a parachute thinking he may want to skydive!:heehee:

DaisyLawrence
09-11-2018, 04:29 AM
Nice one Doc :)

Beverley Sims
09-11-2018, 07:27 AM
I want to know what happened between the age of eighteen and twenty seven.

Did you do military service or some other service?? :-)

Desiree2bababe
09-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Okkkkkkk ?

Some questions
At 15 you were driven to the holiday Inn ? Is'nt that illegal ? We had learners permit at age 15
Post offices window ? were you inside ? and why ? It was an outpost PO with glass windows, the reflection of me in the windows was the reason for being there.
strutting at the local motel ? Again, the reflection of the windows........
stole clothes ? Yeah, afraid I couldn't help it.
street walking ? Not hooking, just downtown walking, window shopping. The cop actually thought I was a real women in the wrong part of town......

Not passing judgement, but it sounds like there is more then attention.

Are you past the attention phase ? No, I sort of doubt it, although I do think about the consequences more than I did as a teen.

We had learners permit at age 15

It was an outpost PO with glass windows, the reflection of me in the windows was the reason for being there.

Not hooking, just downtown walking, window shopping. The cop actually thought I was a real women in the wrong part of town......

- - - Updated - - -

Desiree don't know if you were wanting to be caught so much as maybe just the inner desire to dress was more than your inner desire to think clearly about the consequences that dressing might cause.

Truth, and in such a small town too. Definitely did not consider the repercussions. Upon reflections however, this being the 1970's, I was surprised I did not loose friends over my actions. The local cops son, a friend, actually took me under his wing and did his best to hook me up with girls. Which, at that time, had no inclination of being attracted to men, so that was fine by me. God only knows where I'd gone or progressed as my feminine self if it'd been today with all the acceptance and ease of information on the web.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like the tip of the iceberg. So what's been happening since that time? A period of remission, or did you really go off the deep end instead?

If the latter, then with the pervasiveness and easy accessibility of social media these days, your head must be exploding with all the unlimited means of indulging in your exhibitionist tendencies now at your disposal.

I enjoyed my 20's and 30's delving into the world of bi-sexuality and enjoyed times as Desiree quite often. Finally married a knowing wife and had children. Sort of shut Des off for the 20 some years it took to raise my children. Never really thought of it as exhibition but you are right, I was one in a way. My styles have gone from mod teen to conservative classy lady and back again to what I call a bimbo look. I was never one to just want to be dressed, I had to be seen. Self destructive behavior perhaps?? For the most part though, minus the arrest, it was fun.

- - - Updated - - -

No offense intended, but if you’re strutting around in front of post offices and hotels, it’s not getting “caught”.

Turth.......

- - - Updated - - -

Your story, "Thinking u may want to be caught", is like a guy jumping out of a plane in a parachute thinking he may want to skydive!:heehee:

LMAO, so true.