PDA

View Full Version : I was asked to be in a talent show...i am very hesitant to do so

michelle64
09-10-2018, 11:23 PM
Avenue manager requested i attend...for those that have any pros/cons..ty

Majella St Gerard
09-11-2018, 02:17 AM
First, do you have a talent you can showcase?

DaisyLawrence
09-11-2018, 03:10 AM
Good point Margella. Whether or not to enter a talent show is dependant on being talented at something. Not sure dress wearing counts as a talent.

docrobbysherry
09-11-2018, 03:59 AM
Not enuff info to give u even a "bad guess" opinion, Michelle!:straightface:

Leslie Mary S
09-11-2018, 04:33 AM
I agree with Daisy and Robby. I have performed in a talent show at the clubs where the drag shows occur. I was in drag when I performed three times and as a singer in drab twice.
Sow we ask, What type of place is the "Avenue"? What type of performance is the is the manager looking for you to do? Can you do the performance the manager is asking from you.
I am almost willing to bet it is in a drag related situation. But I could be wrong.

alwayshave
09-11-2018, 06:10 AM
I can't sing, dance, juggle or twirl plates. Not sure what I would do.

Beverley Sims
09-11-2018, 07:47 AM
I am forever the show person.

I can get up on stage and have the audience speechless.

I have also checked my escape routes before I do my act.

Robertacd
09-11-2018, 08:32 AM
As long as you were not invited just to make in into a "freak show" and you have the talent, then why not?

DIANEF
09-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Good point Margella. Whether or not to enter a talent show is dependant on being talented at something. Not sure dress wearing counts as a talent.

Danny LaRue didn't do so badly :)

NancySue
09-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Several years ago, I was asked to be in a fund raiser variety show. There were six of us...all guys...all dressed, to the nines, singing “A Pretty Girl is like a Melody”...old song. I acted like...no way...but with some encouragement from my wife, I agreed....gladly. At first, we were supposed to be outrageous but, a professional makeup artist agreed to do her best to make us look as feminine as possible. We all agreed. My big chance! My wife helped, too. Little did they know..😉. Out came hip and butt pads, heels and hose, forms, etc. had never worn false eyelashes before. After the show, several of us received compliments. My wife and I just smiled. So...go for it.

SueAnncd
09-11-2018, 04:43 PM
I had a similar request as NancySue did and I decided to participate and it was wonderful. If I have another request I will go ahead and do it again.

Leslie Mary S
09-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Do it, Do it, Do it. I have a ball when I am performing, in either gender outfits.
I also have done Karaoke dressed either way but do have a bit of a problem mastering my female voice. Try a lip-sync number.

Cynthia T
09-24-2018, 02:43 PM
Whether or not to enter a talent show is dependent on being talented at something. Not sure dress wearing counts as a talent

Uhhh --- striptease?

(sorry, couldn't help it)