PDA

View Full Version : Dog didn’t recognize me

SDress22
09-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Recently got a young dog - I just dressed for the first time in awhile, and my dog didn’t recognize me, at least at first. She barked and growled a little, and then eventually realized it was me. Part of me felt bad, part of me thought it was hilarious, part of me was proud that at least my dog didn’t know it was me :)

Maria 60
09-12-2018, 04:29 AM
The first dog we had was always scared and never recognized me and hide in his cage, but our recent dog doesn't flinch. He must read me. Lol

nikkiwindsor
09-12-2018, 04:49 AM
Our two dogs went beserk the first few times they saw me transformed...eventually, they got use to me somewhat

alwayshave
09-12-2018, 06:31 AM
My dog has never reacted any differently when I am dressed.

BrendaPDX
09-12-2018, 07:45 AM
we have cats, the more sensitive one got wide-eyed, turned and started to run until he heard my voice, I fed him and that was all it took. The other two just took it in stride after I fed them:) It was reassuring, if I could pass with my pets, I was doing OK.

Beverley Sims
09-12-2018, 09:08 AM
The first time you come out to your pet be prepared to suffer some rejection.

After that it's off to the pet therapist.

Tina June
09-12-2018, 10:14 AM
My dog never noticed any difference. He is a Basset Hound and lives by his nose, I must still smell the same to him.

DIANEF
09-12-2018, 10:31 AM
we have cats, the more sensitive one got wide-eyed, turned and started to run until he heard my voice, I fed him and that was all it took. The other two just took it in stride after I fed them:) It was reassuring, if I could pass with my pets, I was doing OK.

My three cats are the same, just feed them and you're their best friend.

Teresa
09-12-2018, 11:07 AM
SDRess22,
When my dog was younger she did bark at me the first time when seeing me dressed . I wrote a fun thread about it entitled , " My dog paid me a compliment !"

Tracii G
09-12-2018, 11:17 AM
My cats didn't seem to care they still wanted food and to sit in my lap.

Desiree2bababe
09-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Funny, I've been thinking about this topic for a while now. Mine gives me all the space I need when I'm dressed, still knows it's me but definitely seems to know it's out of the norm.

I wonder what they think...........

Nell27
09-12-2018, 02:08 PM
My dog had a puzzled look on her face the first time she saw me dressed, and stared intently trying to figure it all out: “You’re my Dad but your dressed like Mom!” was what she seemed to be thinking. 😊

She got used to it fast; and I think she likes it when I wear a breezy skirt, a colorful blouse and some makeup. I’m much more lighthearted and fun dressed like that!

Lana Mae
09-12-2018, 02:20 PM
No reaction from my dog! Just like putting on different clothes! Still likes her treat and peanut butter bread in the morning! On my days off, I am dressed in my night shirt! Hugs Lana Mae

JanesCDcloset
09-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Whenever I come out of the closet dressed, my dogs usually give me a weird look. As if to say “What is he wearing now?”. Then they go back to their busy day of sleeping.

Aunt Kelly
09-12-2018, 08:16 PM
My dog doesn't give me a second look, unless she doesn't approve of my outfit. Then she gives me the "You're wearing that?" look. Judgey little bitch.

sometimes_miss
09-12-2018, 10:56 PM
As a kid, my dogs watched me get dressed, so they knew it was me in the lace and frills. Plus, they could smell who I was. I think lots of people forget that. Dogs have an incredible sense of smell. So it must make them upset to smell you, and see something entirely different.

Lisa Gerrie
09-13-2018, 10:21 AM
SDress22, were you wearing perfume or other scent?