PDA

View Full Version : I love that skirt

lynnstar
09-14-2018, 10:01 PM
When I see a nice dress or skirt in a store window, I usually think, " that's a nice skirt/dress". I don't usually get overly excited over it other than to say, " I wouldn't mind being able to wear it". But tonight was different. As I was passing a clothing store in the mall I sometimes go to, I saw this lovely white skirt. With pink flowered imprinted on it and without even thinking about it, I said to myself, " wow! I love that skirt". and I think my heart skipped a beat. It really was lovely. The style, material and decoration on it was, for me, outstanding! It was just the right length (knee), style (full), color (white) with those cute pink flowers. It was one of those skirts that look nice and feminine that makes me wish I had been a girl so I could wear it and not look like a miad.

DressyJenny
09-14-2018, 10:08 PM
You have good taste in clothes. It definitely sounds like a pretty skirt. I love flower patterns myself. They are so feminine! It would be fun to match it with the right top and cute shoes.

Diane Smith
09-14-2018, 11:10 PM
My crystal ball predicts a shopping trip back to that store in a few days ...

- Diane

RainbowDash
09-15-2018, 12:25 AM
Skirts for me are 1 of the most exciting things about wearing womens' clothes, and I get excited just thinking about wearing them. I would go ahead and buy it, u know ur gonna have regret if u pass it up. As for looking like a MIAD, I do not know if ur one or not, but if ur worried about looking like a MIAD, its nothing a wig and breast forms can't easily take care of.

Kiwi Primrose
09-15-2018, 04:05 AM
Skirts are my favourite outer garment. They have endless variety of styles, fabrics, colours and there is something for any body shape.
Your feeling about them is quite understandable.

Beverley Sims
09-15-2018, 06:44 AM
I would have raced in and tried it on.
I would have been dressed looking at clothes.

Teresa
09-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Lynnstar,
These days if I think that something is nice I usually try it on then or go back later and try it . The problem is not being a lovely skirt or dress but thinking can I justify it and when will I wear it .
I now have some lovely summer items in my wordrobe which may not get worn until next year as I try and dress appropriately and not on a whim . Being fully out does make you think more about that issue and consider what GGs are wearing .

Gillian Gigs
09-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Kiwi's quote, "Skirts are my favourite outer garment."

I whole heartedly agree provided that pantyhose/tights are being worn also. I wear skirts in the summer too, but without pantyhose/tights they feel too much like regular shorts. I prefer my skirts to be just above the knee in length.

NancySue
09-15-2018, 08:24 AM
Guilty...as charged. 👗 and includes catalogs. I think I’m incurable. Many times I’ve seen things I wanted, drove home, then drove back to buy. Thank goodness not everything jumps off the shelf, but when it stays on my mind, I don’t fight it. I, too, love floral patterns...dresses, tops and skirts. I found a black top with floral 3/4 sleeves..with a black skirt or capris looks very nice. Oh yes, I bought a pair of floral flats, too.

t-girlxsophie
09-15-2018, 08:32 AM
Nothing worse than seeing that dress/skirt etc and thinking long and hard about purchasing it and by the time youve went back later to buy it,it's either not there or your size is the only size missing on the rack

Sophie

Teresa
09-15-2018, 08:38 AM
Sophie ,
Or in my case jumped in too quick to find the item purchased ( on offer ) has dropped from £25.00 to £8.50 . The one consolation they are only larger sizes , all the 12/14s were snapped up .

t-girlxsophie
09-15-2018, 08:47 AM
Teresa

Ouch! I have noticed,much to my chagrin,that it always seems that the larger sizes I'm looking for are the first to disappear from the rack

Sophie

Rayleen
09-15-2018, 11:13 AM
Who doesn't like skirts, just the thinking about pretty pink flowers get me going.

Fran in skirts
09-15-2018, 12:09 PM
I wear skirt most of the time the rest I wear dresses. So when I see a skirt or dress I like and it is in my size I try not to let it pass. I have done that a few times and when I went to buy it they were all sold out.
Never let an opportunity like that pass.

Fran

DressyJenny
09-15-2018, 10:14 PM
Guilty...as charged. �� and includes catalogs. I think I’m incurable. Many times I’ve seen things I wanted, drove home, then drove back to buy. Thank goodness not everything jumps off the shelf, but when it stays on my mind, I don’t fight it. I, too, love floral patterns...dresses, tops and skirts. I found a black top with floral 3/4 sleeves..with a black skirt or capris looks very nice. Oh yes, I bought a pair of floral flats, too.

That sounds like a very nice outfit. Definitely a type of outfit I would wear. I would love to purchase a nice purse to go with the outfit. Probably something black.

docrobbysherry
09-15-2018, 10:21 PM
U going to leave all of us hanging, Lynn? Did or didn't u buy it? If not, why not!?:straightface:

Eemz
09-17-2018, 11:27 AM
U going to leave all of us hanging, Lynn?

Exactly! I have to know!! LOL

Buy it! Forget about labels, MIAD and all that nonsense - labels got us into this mess in the first place! Be yourself. It sounds like *you* love it so *you* should buy it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Charlotte7
09-18-2018, 02:17 AM
This is one of those areas where those of us who just dress because we like to, not to please anyone else, not to fit in, not for any other reason that we see something and we like it have a huge advantage, and let's face it, we don't have many ;) I say this, because we don't have to consider when we might wear it, we don't (necessarily) have to consider anything, we see it, we like it, we buy it, we wear it. And when that involves a pretty skirt that makes you say Wow! then that in my book is a good day.

DaisyLawrence
09-18-2018, 02:49 AM
Buy it! Forget about labels, MIAD and all that nonsense - labels got us into this mess in the first place! Be yourself. It sounds like *you* love it so *you* should buy it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Best thing I've read on this site for months.

lynnstar
09-18-2018, 08:13 PM
I am not able to get that lovely skirt I talked about. Why? It's not a money problem. It's a wife thing. If I got the skirt, she would find out one way or another and I am pretty sure the would be end of marriage. Wife believes its, in her words, disgusting for men to wear women's clothing. She knows I still dabble at CDing, but nothing big, that skirt would seal my fate towards a divorce, I am fairly certain. If it weren't for my wife's feelings and beliefs about CDing, I would already have the skirt and be wearing it as I type this message. Outside of crossdressing, my wife is pretty good about what I do.

Judy-Somthing
09-18-2018, 08:50 PM
And I thought it was only my SO that thought that way.

Fran-K
09-19-2018, 03:20 AM
Hi Lynnstar

As someone once said “I feel your pain” ... if my wife found out about my dressing it would be difficult (I don’t think divorce, but don’t want to push it either).

Anyway, it just means that we need to have really good imaginations ... “I can just feel that skirt on me, I can see it in my minds eye,....”

Fran

Eemz
09-19-2018, 06:14 PM
I am not able to get that lovely skirt I talked about.... she would find out one way or another ... [otherwise] I would already have the skirt and be wearing it

That made me cry, Lynnstar and I'm not a crier. I can feel from your OP that this isn't some fad or hobby, it's part of who you are. And it's very sad & painful to have to trade that off against other parts of your life and self. I do appreciate that I'm lucky I no longer have to make those tradeoffs. That wasn't always the case. I know that many/most people on this forum still face similar painful choices to a greater or lesser extent.

We're here for you, and we know how it feels.

Hugs. E.