PDA

View Full Version : What's the differenece between FI & CD

barbie lanai
03-19-2006, 10:21 AM
What makes a female impersonator verus crossdresser?
CD gets stage fright in the audience.
FI gets paid, CD does it for free.
Would you take a job as an FI? Or would you pay to have the job?

wo-MAN
03-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Both! Gladly sign up to be a FI and to be paid too double bonus:D

Billijo49504
03-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Where do we sign up?

susandrea
03-19-2006, 01:14 PM
If you haven't seen this, it's pretty interesting:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com/nov2002.html

:happy:

celeste26
03-19-2006, 01:59 PM
To be a good FI is a lot of work, (emphasize work!) Being on stage and actually entertaining folks is hardly an easy thing to do. If cross dressing was not something as a compulsion we would get so tired of it that we would gladly go drab for long periods.

Barbie has given us the tiniest inkling of the fright that is involved. Most of those who dont even go out of their houses for fear of being tagged, would die if they were suddenly put on stage with all the lights etc.

Try Karokoe in drab to begin, just singing in front of people will expose the fears and that is the least confrontational example available as a comparison. Many FI's do pantomime and how many of us could even begin to deal with the idea of being on stage and NOT saying anything?

It doesn't take a crossdresser to be a Female Impersonator it takes an entertainer who crossdresses. That is the difference!

debbinpink
03-19-2006, 02:26 PM
I have gone on stage at BJ's Cabaret in Denver. I did "You are the wind under my wings", by Bete Middler, It was a lot of fun and I plan on doing it again, I did not get paid but I received $20.00 in tips for a local AIDS charity. If you get the chance in a safe environment, go for it, it a real ego rush.
Debbie