PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest

abby054
09-29-2018, 05:44 PM
I went to an Oktoberfest last Sunday afternoon. Over the previous few months, I assembled a complete and decent quality dirndl outfit: a nice embroidered dirndl with a lace apron in the US$200 range plus all the jewelry, undergarments, and shoes. I learned how to style my wig nicely in milkmaid braids. Most of my ancestors are from Bavaria, so my I looked the part from an ethnic perspective. My preparation took awhile but that was part of the fun. Even the weather cooperated nicely.

I had a wonderful time, thoroughly enjoyed the festivities. I don't drink, but the music, dancing, food, and games were delightful. A gentleman even asked me out on the dance floor for a few numbers, requests that I accepted though I had never previously danced as a female. I even walked across the dance floor to make a request of the bandleader, which he granted, the Radetzky March, my favorite. My dirndl drew compliment after compliment on how beautiful that I looked in it. I sure felt gorgeous wearing that distinctively female ethnic outfit. Among hundreds of people in rows and rows of tables and on the dance floor and in the food lines and the restroom lines, no one even gave me an awkward glance. I do not think that I pass that well, but nobody seemed to notice or care.

This was great fun. I thoroughly enjoyed my seven hours in my dirndl at the festival. Anyone else have an experience in a dirndl at an Oktoberfest?

docrobbysherry
09-29-2018, 06:08 PM
What a lovely post, Abby. :)

But, not even one photo!?:sad:

By the way, I've been to 2 Octoberfests in Munchen. Lots of oompah bands. Heard Ein Prostit a million times. But never heard the Radezky March.:straightface:

Lisa Roberts
09-29-2018, 07:10 PM
Sounds like a wonderful time. I would love to experience Oktoberfest some day.

BLUE ORCHID
09-29-2018, 07:20 PM
Hi Abby :hugs:, I can only imagine how lovely you will look in that Dirndl, I would love to have one.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

Elizabeth G
09-29-2018, 08:07 PM
Hi Abby ,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I don't suppose that there are any pictures by any chance?

Elizabeth

Adelaide
09-29-2018, 08:51 PM
Beautiful time, lovely dress....where are the pics?

abby054
09-29-2018, 11:18 PM
The photos are at https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?260505-Oktoberfest-photos

Radetzky, a Strauss, Senior, March / waltz is usually a New Years' selection. The band was starting to repeat songs, so I made the request. Radetzky is scored in percussion for audience participation, clapping in time and intensity to certain parts of the music.

Joannie
09-30-2018, 12:34 AM
I was at Octoberfest in 1980. I was not yet dressing, but that sounds like a wonderful time! I sort of remember it all as a blurr.

bridget thronton
09-30-2018, 01:32 AM
Sounds like a great way to celebrate Oktoberfest

GretchenM
09-30-2018, 06:11 AM
I looked at the photo. OMG, that is so cute; so deeply feminine. Wow!!!

Crissy 107
09-30-2018, 07:24 AM
Lovely dress!

alwayshave
09-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Abby, sounds like a great time and a great outfit.

Beverley Sims
09-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Oktoberfest is a good event wherever it is held, glad you had a good time.

Mermaiden
10-01-2018, 08:13 AM
That does sound like a great time. Love the lace and detail of the dirndl. And, I love beer.

Krisi
10-01-2018, 09:14 AM
I have the opportunity to go to an Oktoberfest not far from me this weekend. I've been before and it's pretty lame. One oom-pah band (good but it's the same one every year) and a bunch of loud "rock" bands. The food trucks cover their normal menus with "German " food menus but it's just knockwurst with canned sauerkraut and German potato salad. Other than that, there are craft vendors. Not even German.

I was hoping to go dressed with my wife for the weekend but I don't think that's happening so I'll probably just stay home.

Lea
10-01-2018, 05:42 PM
I have been to Octoberfest in Munich Germany several times.

I was always envious of the women wearing the traditional Dirndl outfits. When downtown I would window shop the outfits and always wanted to buy one but did not. Sort of hard to hid in a Military footlocker.

Glad you were able to do this and thanks for sharing.

Tina June
10-01-2018, 06:47 PM
I went to a local OktoberFest two weeks ago, I have been going to this Fest for about 30 years now, but this year is the first time I have gone fully dressed in a medium long skirt and nice turtleneck sweater plus accessories. However, I was topped by a full MIAD! Tall, shaved head, Full Dirndl with Hiking shoes! I kept wishing that I had a dirndl of my own!

Fran-K
10-02-2018, 05:41 AM
Hi Abby

I went to the Oktoberfest in Munich many years ago. The beer was great, the barmaids dresses even better, but the music was all Sousa marches —- but there were lots of young American men in the area, all wearing green back then.

It sounds like you had tons of fun, and the dirndl looks really great.

Thanks
Fran

abby054
10-13-2018, 05:54 AM
The story does not end there. A week ago, I found an ad on line for a huge Oktoberfest in Leavenworth, Washington. My wife says that is great but it is too far away. I agree...neither of us is up for a special round trip that long. Nothing more was said about it. Two days ago, my wife finds an ad for an Oktoberfest here in our small hometown. This is a far smaller and shorter affair than either of the earlier two events. We both have Bavarian ancestry. She wants to attend. I'm in for the food, music, dancing, and fun. So is she.

There is even a costume contest. Yes, a costume contest. You all know that I have a complete dirndl outfit with all the accessories as you see in my previous photo. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?260505-Oktoberfest-photos Even since improved the jewelry with a choker and earrings, all with an edelweiss motif, and upgraded the shoes. Think I could hold my own in this costume contest?

My wife strongly disapproves of my crossdressing. So would most of my friends in this small town. I must be careful not to look like I am daydreaming too much during the costume contest.