PDA

View Full Version : Tanning?

Donna Davis
03-19-2006, 04:35 PM
I want to start tanning to get ready for summer.There are several tanning solons in my area. The question in I want to tan wearing only a thong. Has anyone ever done this? Don't know what to expect. I guess I will just have to go and ask, may-be I'll call first , save the embarrassment of asking face to face. What do you think girls???

Cherry Lynn
03-19-2006, 04:41 PM
There should not be any problem as the salons I have been in have rooms that are big enough to change in and give you privacy. I tan in the buff but have worn my bikini bottoms,cannot wear the bra part because if in male mode without a shirt it is a dead give-away.

sky0629
03-19-2006, 05:14 PM
i get plenty of sun here during the summer wearing my daisy dukes cut off's. in the salon i'm in the buff. your in a room alone anyway.

kathy gg
03-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi

My hubby and I both tan {seprately} but we both tan in the buff. Yes, the idea of 'tan lines' is kinda cool, but even my hubby kinda regrets the ones he got last summer from tanning outside wearing a bikini....{we have alot of privacy in our backyard}.

Julie Avery
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi

My hubby and I both tan {seprately} but we both tan in the buff. Yes, the idea of 'tan lines' is kinda cool, but even my hubby kinda regrets the ones he got last summer from tanning outside wearing a bikini....{we have alot of privacy in our backyard}.

If chuckles were $5 apiece, the check would be in the mail :)

ashlee chiffon
03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
many many years ago i had a girlfriend and she was "quite" controlling when i dressed up and one time had me tan in a string bikini for punishment for making her mad..i got burnt and then found out i coundn't open my shirt because of the cup lines....couldn't go to the health club and shower...etc..and it took Many layers of sun to make it finally recede from sight...
even the string bikini bottom line was embarassingly small...*L*

*those were the days...sighs...*

lorrieanne
03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I always tan in the buff and there is no problem beacuse you have the room to yourself and it has a lock.

Billijo49504
03-19-2006, 09:31 PM
I wear sting biki panties when I tan. That way I can be a gurl or a boy. The wife does the same....BJ

Lilly 40C
03-20-2006, 08:15 PM
I tan in the buff both in my back yard (very private) and at a nude beach (kinda-cool being nude with others) and its easy to go skinny dipping.

Sedona
03-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Never done the tanning bed thing. I've had deep farmer's tans before, and tans from cycling shorts, and geez, I'm a little stressed about say, a thong tan line being part of my skin for many months.

My solution, sunless tanning. Lasts a solid week for me. I use the darkest one available, don a sexy thong (bikini top optional) and go to town. Read the instructions, and make sure you wear rubber gloves or your palms will be orange.

Be warned, it leaves a tell-tale smell that will take a day (and a couple of showers) to start to fade.

Cheers!

Sam-antha
03-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Mine is done, either in a stand-up cabin, or on a sun-bed, usually with a string thong type bottom. I used to go for the nude, but nowadays Ilike the minimal tan line, just to prove to myself that I have tanned.
The bed, or the cabin, well I do not know which I like best. In winter, the heat of the bed is good and certainly it is more relaxing which two factors are part of the object of the exercise.
For the orginal query, that should be the answer, but if the query concerns the "bronzing" process, i just do not know, thong or slip I guess. Depends perhaps on the service. 0.02

Deedee_tv
03-24-2006, 09:57 AM
If I can share a bit of info/pain with anyone here, I would beg you to get out of the sun and tanning beds and stop tanning. 14 months ago, 3 months after her 40th birthday, my wife was diagnosed with melanoma, a tiny little dot (half the size of a dime) on her bum. Fortunately, her doctors were very aggressive and decided to also check some lymph nodes.

This tiny spot had already metastisized to her lymph nodes in her leg and she had to have further surgery to remove all of those lymph nodes in her left side. She has spent a year recovering and taking Interferon as adjuvant chemotherapy.

My wife was a tanner. Laying out at the beach, tanning beds, spf4 maybe after a couple hours if she felt like it. No more. She has to go to the dermatologist every 4 months and usually has 2-3 more biopsies each time she goes. This will continue the rest of her life.

Skin cancer is one of the most aggressive forms of cancer, least treatable and the rate of occurence has increased dramatically in the past 10 years. I know everyone likes that "healthy glow" but do yourself a favor and either get a spray-on tan or use a self-tanner. I wouldn't wish the pain that my wife has suffered in the past year on anyone.

kathy gg
03-24-2006, 12:39 PM
HI Dee Dee

Sorry to hear about your wive's helath problems.

I dont' want to give any excuses..but I do think to some small extend one's gentics and overall skin type has a tiny something to do with why some people are prone to certain types of skin cancer.

I play tennis outdoors for about 4 months out of the year as I live in Canada now. Bascially the few months I get of direct sun exposure combined with always using a high level of sunscreen are minimal in my case. Combine that with having a hispanic background {read: almost always some natural tan} and I think a few hours in a whole year of direct UV light is not going to cause me long term problems. Plus I never ever tan on my face. Always wear hats and shielding glasses when outdoors in the summer.

I have friends who are very very pale with lots of freckles and they tan alot. And I can see the effects of sun damage already on their faces and body.

I think anyone who does tan and is fair skinned to start with should think twice about too much sun expouse. But for some people's nationality and race I think have to make some difference. Most all my relatives are fairly dark skin and have spent a lot of time in the sun and no one in my family hsitory ever had any skin cancers that I am aware of.

Also I woudlrather start off the summer with a bit of a bse tan rather than having a major burn the first time I spend a few hours in the sun. Getting a bit of a bse tan from a tanning salon is good for that.

Just my .02

Wendy me
03-24-2006, 01:45 PM
tanning well thats the closest thing i have to a job ..... at the salon it's in the buff and at home in the pool it's the same .... tan lines are so not fun....i keep tanned all year round ..... pale and pasty me ??? never......

Kathrynn
03-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Yes Darlin, wear a thong, i have done so for years. I often wear a bikini top with the thong or matching thong bottom, you will love the tan lines.
Kathrynn

Star
03-24-2006, 07:09 PM
do it in the sun and do it as you like.....