PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Fun

Krisi
10-05-2018, 08:42 AM
The other day my wife and I went to a large clothing store. The sort of store that sells closeouts and "one of a kind" stuff. It's always hit or miss.

She picked out three or four blouses and picked out two skirts for me. We went to the checkout counter and as the lady was ringing things up, she looked at me and said "She didn't buy anything for you?" I said "Nope". My wife said "I'll share." The checkout lady got frustrated and said "Oh no, you can't do that!"

That was fun. Unfortunately, neither skirt fit and we had to return them.

Tracy Irving
10-05-2018, 08:48 AM
But it's fun to share.

My wife tries on her clothing at home as well. When it doesn't fit the way she imagined she has to make a trip back to the store to return. No big deal with lots of free time but so much easier to just try the garments on at the store.

Fran in skirts
10-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Too bad the skirts did not fit. Always try the clothes on at the store if possible it saves time and money. Also some stores do not do returns.

As for the clerk you should have asked The big "WHY" just to see if she could come up with an answer and to see the look on her face.

Fran

Teresa
10-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Krisi.
Nice to have some fun with SAs.

I must admit I prefer to shop alone now I'm so comfortable with it , I have a ball with SAs ! I haven't come across one yet who didn't have a problem serving me in fact most appear to enjoy it , of course I'm read but it makes no difference .

As for checking out because I'm alone and dressed there is no question who the items are for , most of the checkout girls now make sure I've signed up for all the discount / loyalty cards .

deebra
10-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Teresa,
I found that too, most SA's really warm up to me and seem to enjoy I like women's clothes. And female customers shopping along side of me also seem to like it. So what's our problem, what are we afraid of?

Krisi,

You could have said, the blouses are for her and the skirts are for me but we both wear panties. And what might the SA have said ???????

docrobbysherry
10-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Krisi, I have neither the time nor patience to try on things in thethrifts I often frequent. So, I carry a tiny roll up, 3', tape measure. I measure the waist and chest of every item before I buy. Some I return or toss because they don't look or fit rite. But, nothing ever "doesn't fit"!:D

Beverley Sims
10-05-2018, 09:52 PM
Ross is my favourite closeout store.

A great range and variety to be had by all.

Teresa
10-06-2018, 04:22 AM
Deebra,
Personally I don't have a problem , I usually know what I'm looking for and if I can't find it I'm not afraid to ask . On occasions it's been a little embarrasing because I've had more than one SA in tow to the extent where they've ignored other shoppers .

It is quite funny when you get amongst the sale racks , women often don't care who is standing next to them , they're going to grab that gorgeous item first . I also find it fatal to hold an item up against myself to check it out in ther mirror because everytime I did so a lady would tell how good it looks and I should buy it . In a short space of time I had several items slung over my arm , I worked out the cost even at sale price and it was mounting up so then had the tough job of deciding which items to keep .

DaisyLawrence
10-06-2018, 07:23 AM
Krisi, I have neither the time nor patience to try on things in thethrifts I often frequent. So, I carry a tiny roll up, 3', tape measure. I measure the waist and chest of every item before I buy. Some I return or toss because they don't look or fit rite. But, nothing ever "doesn't fit"!:D

I do the same Doc, carry a samll tape that is. So much quicker if you have no time to try on or there are no changing rooms but also I often see something my wife will like and as I know her measurements I can establish if it is a good fit or not even when she is not with me. Works everytime. Lots of bonus points earned when I surprise her with a good fitting bargain that she really likes. :)

alwayshave
10-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Krisi, I'm glad your wife turned it back on the women checking you out.

deebra
10-06-2018, 08:23 AM
Teresa, The comment, "what are we afraid of" was not meant for you or me but for so many MtF CD's that are afraid to go out. I agree with you on so many things you said about how nice women SA's and women shoppers shopping beside us like us. "Just Saying" I wish more closeted CD's would go out.

I was in WalMart yesterday browsing women's clothes and I spotted a fully dressed Cd presenting as a woman. Would make a great post but there was a little negativity in it so maybe it's better that I don't write about it, if a lot wanted to hear about it I will and as always I write in detail to paint a clear picture.

Teresa
10-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Deebra,
No problem , to offer a reply may help others realise most of our fears are in our heads , my biggest fear now is spending too much because I really enjoy the freedom to shop .

GemmaK
10-06-2018, 01:30 PM
Krisi.
Nice to have some fun with SAs................

Went into town last week with my wife - she was looking for a coloured wig for NYE. She'd explained to the SA she wanted the wig for fancy dress and I was asked what I was going as. I just said "I don't know, but my skirt will be shorter than hers". We had a laugh about that.

Angie G
10-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Shopping is always fun when it for Angie, If. my wife is with me or not, :hugs:
Angie

deebra
10-06-2018, 04:46 PM
This could be a new post but I'll add it here. I was in Penney's shopping for panties and there were two women doing the same thing and within six feet of me, we both went from display to display picking up the panties, holding them up and checking them out. I didn't cower and back off and neither did they. Had to wonder what they thought of me?? Is he a CD, is he gay, are they for his wife, maybe he just might be a great partner/lover that appreciates the softer things a woman relates to.

DaisyLawrence
10-07-2018, 02:05 AM
You know the answer to that Deebra. Based on all the evidence on this site they either saw you and thought you were weird, or, they didn't even give you a second thought even after seeing you because they have their own lives to live and (contrary to popular belief) the world does not revolve around crossdressing strangers and their panty obsession.

Teri Ray
10-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Shopping with my wife is always fun. On occasion she will find something she thinks I will like and asks me out loud "do you have these?" or "this would look good on you". It just shopping and like I said always fun. Once you have shopped for womens items long enough you will find that the bset policy is to just own it. People around you are going to think what they think and you have no control over that. I have been asked may times by sales people if the items I was buying were for me. Just smile and say "well you never know".

Krisi
10-08-2018, 08:22 AM
My wife carries a tape measure in her purse and we did measure the waistbands of the skirts. They turned out to be way too tight at the bottom. Fine perhaps for an eighteen year old girl going to a club but not for a senior like me.

I can't try on clothes in the store because I don't wear my boobs and hips as a male. These make a big difference. I don't shop as Krisi. Except for thrift shops, all the stores I shop at accept returns. It's expected in my area.