PDA

View Full Version : Still Loving my Barre Classes

Sarasometimes
10-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Well it has been a full year since I began taking barre classes en-male but while wearing all women's clothes, solid color leggings, tank top and grippy socks. I love the atmosphere, devoid of testosterone (except for mine) and such great encouragement toward each other. All of the many studios have been very welcoming and they all suggested that leggings (no need for shorts over them) and a tank are ideal along with the sticky socks. I have recently added shiny black leggings and semi-fitted tanks.
The instructors are great and they expect/encourage me to do the exercises just like my classmates, legs stick straight, toes pointed and all done with graceful movements. It is so fulfilling to be able to show the part of me that likes doing ballerina-like exercises obviously designed for women and being fine doing it in women's active-wear.
If you want to give it a try I encourage you to do so. If you have questions ask here or PM me.

Rachelakld
10-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Sounds like fun/hard work.
I remember doing aerobics in the 80s in girls shiny pretty lycra pants and top, and hanging out with the girls afterwards.

Similar to these

docrobbysherry
10-07-2018, 11:51 PM
I just finished a ballerina photo shoot, Sara. I'm so jealous of your dance classes! It took me about 45 minutes to stretch my legs and feet enuff to get up on my pointe ballet slippers!:doh:

Photos coming soon!:D

Crissy 107
10-08-2018, 05:33 AM
This sounds like a great way to have fun, be accepted, and get fit.
Crissy

Sarasometimes
10-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Before barre I would meet my crossdressing needs by getting fully dressed and made up and going to a friendly salon to get my wig styled, maybe toes or get my makeup done...But since I have had no desire to do that. I do barre 4 to 5 times a week (salon thing every other week or so, based on opportunity) so maybe it is the frequency to express myself through barre that is making the difference and also when I did the salon thing it, being in a DADT i couldn't share it with my wife but she is Okay with me doing barre and she knows what I wear (with the exception of the few times I have worn my shiny leggings) and she is okay with it and asks me how exercise is.

You can try these classes with Groupon and go to a studio a bit from home if you feel the need (I do that). At the end of class, I'm a bit sweaty (or is that glistening?), tired, very relaxed and in a bit better shape. Not every other classmate is chatty but after a few classes I not exchange niceties with several across a wide age range but the best part is the mostly unspoken, supportive group vibe towards each other when we all manage to survive the challenge once again.
Oh and the stronger core and a shapelier butt, arms and legs are cool too!
PM me if you want more details.