PDA

View Full Version : Saw a co worker while I was out dressed

christine55
03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
The other day I was out at the store buying a few things and was checking out at the self serve checkout. Not three feet away was a GG coworker.
I did a very good job of not showing any alarm and acting normally. It seems she did not recognize me.
When you are dressed femme with a wig and makeup you are usually unrecognizable by anyone unless they are expecting you.
Hugs, Christine

carol ann
03-19-2006, 07:09 PM
I am trusting to the fact that that the alter ego isn't recognised, otherwise I would never have posted a photo!

_Janelle_
03-19-2006, 08:15 PM
There was a post recently where a person posted a picture of himself in drab and en femme - I would never have suspected they were the same person> so based on that, if your wig and makeup are half way decent, I really doubt that anyone will clue in to who you really are. That was the main reason I ended up posting my pics/avatar. Mannerisms, and how we speak also go a long way to giving identity, and that's hard to show in an avatar etc!

AmandaM
03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
There was a post recently where a person posted a picture of himself in drab and en femme - I would never have suspected they were the same person> so based on that, if your wig and makeup are half way decent, I really doubt that anyone will clue in to who you really are. That was the main reason I ended up posting my pics/avatar. Mannerisms, and how we speak also go a long way to giving identity, and that's hard to show in an avatar etc!

Yes, my wife walked in once and stopped. I asked what was wrong. She said she was wondering who the woman was in her house.

carend_99
03-19-2006, 08:33 PM
The same thing happened to me when I was at a club. Although there were a lot of people on the dance floor, the guy was quite close and there was no recognition at all. Even though most of us are self concious and are afraid we'll be discovered, when dressed, most of us look nothing like our male self. My point being, don't worry, go out and have fun.

Billijo49504
03-19-2006, 08:34 PM
I really wouldn't give a rip. But as was said, when dressed. you look more like your sister, than you. I had a guy at work ask if I had a sister. He might have seem me out and about. I can retire next year, that might be the reason to retire....BJ

Rachel Morley
03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I was en femme at the mall once and walked out of a store right into the gaze of a guy I knew from work. Obviously I was scared stiff but he just completely ignored me. We even had eye contact. It was from that moment on I never worry about seeing someone I know when out en femme because I know I look so different. That said....I wouldn't stick around waiting for the person I bumped into to recognize me either, I'd just slowly leave the immediate area.

Maureen Henley
03-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Several years ago, I was seeing a therapist (LCSW) for stress. during this time, I came out to my wife and my therapist. For my last session, I asked Phyllis (the therapist) if I could come en femme, and she was quite interested. I caught her as she was going out for a moment (I was early for our session). and she said, "Excuse me, but I don't remember scheduling a new patient this hour." Then she did a double take when she heard my voice. I think people see what they expect to see, and not necessarily what's there.

JoanneThomas
03-19-2006, 10:27 PM
A few years ago now, I was out with other members of my support group at a local lesbian bar when in walked a young co-worker and her girlfriend. I didn't think either of them had seen me but about 20 minutes later a young girl, unknown to me, came up and started to ask questions about where I was from, where I worked, etc., and I knew I would have some explaining to do.

On Monday at work, the young lady pulled me into an empty office and asked me if she had seen me that past weekend and I started to bluff myself through it. She insisted so I admitted that it was me--she knew of course and simply asked me not to say anything to any other workers as she was not out to them or her parents as a lesbian (her father works at the same place!). Since then we have only talked about it infrequently and we have seen each other out a few more times. She has come out to everybody as a lesbian and I think she has told some folks about my secret--BUT everybody has been very good about not mentioning it so far!

Sometimes the wig and make up is not enough to throw people off the scent. But I must say there have been three other theater friends who have seen my alter ego that are either ignoring me (out of kindness for my feelings) or have not recognized me yet. I am starting to realize that it would not be the end of the world as we know it if others knew of my enjoyment of feminine dressing.

Joanne Thomas

Mandy Salamander
03-20-2006, 01:53 AM
i actually have several pertinant stories to relate concerning this topic,,, and doo indeed believe that for many of us, the transformation is sooo complete that even th' most discerning eye may not recognize,,,,, 'n opening, would like to relate a story that i've previously posted here,, that of the elderly couple (w/ apparrant poor eyesight), that live across th' street, they see mee coming 'n going my house 'en drabbe' to and from work,,, and th' rest of th' time see mee en femme, and have relayed to others that i seem like a very nice couple, tho' obviously have never seen 'us' together,,,,,some, many years ago i also was caught standing in line at th' theatre, just a few feet from my daughters 1st grade teacher,,, tho' i had regular contact with her(3/4X weekly) and knew each other well, she never recognized mee,,,,, and,, as well, my therapist (no longer needed) also was shocked and amazed, and did not at first recognize mee, when first she saw mee en femme, tho' she was aware i was a TG,,,,,and finally,,,,, from a different perspective,,, 2 years ago, at a halloween party at th' office building where i work,, one of th' guys from another office dressed as a french maid, his make-up was excellant, done by his wife, a beautician, and while i knew was a male, took even mee, quite some time t' figure out who he really was!!!,,,,,(incidentally, i've never really been able t' find out 'f was a CD),,,,,,,,,, so it goes...

Jenny Warren
03-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Many years ago I was at a tea room with my daughter when I noticed a male friend walk in.

I decided to take the bull by the horns (there was no way I could leave) and walked up to him and said Hello.

He looked at me for a moment, then a puzzled look came over his face and he said in a loud voice, " Hello (male name), what are you dressed like that for?" This caused me to get a few funny looks from other customers, but thats all.

I told him to join us and explained all about Jenny. He never mentioned to any of our mutual friends, so far as I know, and seemed to enjoy having secret knowledge.

Jenny

ronda
03-20-2006, 05:22 AM
well i posted my pic then had my sister look at it and she did not know it was me after looking for a moment is said that i looked like our mother:D

Amanduhrob
03-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Most people see what they want to see when in a crowd. If you look like every other woman in the place, you're a woman to them.

Now if you're wearing a dayglo outfit, and have your hair "jacked up to Jesus":cheeky: People will probably take a closer look.