PDA

View Full Version : I ain't wearing that!

Wildaboutheels
10-08-2018, 11:35 AM
This is a mighty colorful barrel of CDers here. Any such thing as a EOCD? Equal Oportunity CDer.

As in, IF it is made for women, I will try/buy/wear it? As forms, makeup, nails and wigs seem quite optional to many here, let's just confine this to clothing and shoes.

I may have just missed it, but I don't think I have ever seen a 100% "nothing is off my table" dresser here.

Is it maybe as simple as NOT being able to find certain items that fit "good enough"?

Shelly Preston
10-08-2018, 01:03 PM
I am not sure you ever will see a nothing is of limits as we all have different tastes.

Something you like I might think is horrid or vice versa.

Robertacd
10-08-2018, 01:09 PM
I am not sure if I understand your question.

I will wear anything I feel comfortable wearing. That doesn't mean I will wear anything and everything just because it's woman's clothing.

If it looks like crap on me or makes me feel like crap, I ain't wearing that. ;)

Tracii G
10-08-2018, 01:19 PM
I agree with Roberta.

Bea_
10-08-2018, 01:25 PM
There's lots of stuff in the women's department that doesn't interest me. Lot's of it is stuff I don't find all that attractive on women.

Robbiegirl
10-08-2018, 01:32 PM
LOL ! Count me in ! There is nothing I won't try on for fun !

Tracy Irving
10-08-2018, 01:41 PM
I have gone through many, many racks of women's clothing over the years and have passed on almost everything. There are certain items that, even if they fit "good enough" would get rejected so I never even try them on.

Rachelish
10-08-2018, 01:45 PM
I'll try anything but the more I do the narrower the range of things I'd go for again. It's maybe just a case of gradually finding a look and feel that suits me.

Robertacd
10-08-2018, 02:11 PM
LOL ! Count me in ! There is nothing I won't try on for fun !

There's a big difference in trying something on and wearing it. I try on all kinds of stuff that I would never wear just to see if I could wear it.

But then again when I am shopping probably %99 or more of the clothes on the rack get passed over because I don't like the color, cut, style, or whatever...

Crossdressers are allowed to have their own taste and style.

Nikki A.
10-08-2018, 02:13 PM
I'm picky in what I'll wear. It has to fit well and look good on me. Also I do dress in a kind of conservative manner although my tastes do change from time to time. I disliked leggings at first, but after trying them on and with the right top I think they'd be part of my wardrobe, need a long enough top first.
So to answer your question, no I'm not an EOCD.

Bobbi46
10-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Shelly has a good point, what suits one may not suit another, a second opinion is also good if there is doubt about something but at the end of the day personal taste is down to that person. I see many people out and about( women especially) I think wow that does nothing for you but they are happy and content with what they are wearing so who am I to criticise?

Teresa
10-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Wild....,
I depends how much money you have to throw about , most of my items now are bought in retail outlets so when I'm in the changing area there's always a SA to talk to or sometimes the input from other female shoppers . We all make mistakes but sometimes the fun is making it work .

I do find so many racks full of tops I'd wouldn't want to be seen dead in .

Krisi
10-08-2018, 03:23 PM
There are lots of women's clothes or other items that I would not buy or wear. Most women feel the same way. Even women have different styles.

7ftEmily
10-08-2018, 04:11 PM
I’m a 25 year old, i wouldn’t wear things that are intended for elder(?) women. I don’t mean I go ****ty but I tend to dress more casual and not so churchy/Sunday brunch, if that makes sense lol.

BLUE ORCHID
10-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Hi WAH :hugs:, Plane and simple, I take pride in my appearance in both Male & Female Modes.

I don't want to wear something that looks like CRAP . >Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

Tracii G
10-08-2018, 04:29 PM
It also depends on where on the spectrum you are and how long you have been dressing.
I have noticed guys that start dressing go for the ****ty look or the pre teen /teen girl look bright pink or green hair, peekacho hats or hats with ears on them for example.
I equate that with their female "puberty" or learning curve in trying to find their look.
We all grow into our look over time so what works for some doesn't work for others.

RADER
10-08-2018, 04:36 PM
There are many things I can not wear; mostly because it does not come in my size.
So I already have a limited selection on women's wear. That's OK, because at
my age (71) there are things that just would look out of place on me.
Rader

Janine cd
10-08-2018, 09:23 PM
I agree with RADAR, I'm a senior (79) and have limited my selection to those things that do not draw attention to my age.

Jaymees22
10-08-2018, 09:49 PM
I have tried to develop a certain style over the years, but it keeps evolving.

There is such a variety in women's clothes it's easy to find many things I don't like but others will just love.

Beverley Sims
10-09-2018, 12:21 AM
I think there are a few odd people on this forum and what is wrong with them wearing oddments? :-)

Fran in skirts
10-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Hey I resemble that remark! :bonk:

I am usually the odd one at parties, you know the one who shows up in a skirt and a "T" shirt to a formal dinner. :lol2:

Really we are all odd sometimes in our life and sometimes all of the time to strangers.
So I don't let it worry me as I know who and what I am and I love myself. [0] I just want to be the me I love.

Fran

[0] Not in a narcissistic kind of way.

DaisyLawrence
10-09-2018, 02:01 AM
Well said Fran. There are two types of people in the world, normal ones and odd ones. Normal is another word for boring. Odd is another word for interesting. Show me to the odd ones please. :)

Elizabeth G
10-09-2018, 06:04 AM
The is a wide variety of women's clothing out there because there is great variation in tastes and preferences. I doubt there is anyone who falls into the "wear anything"category. Certainly not me.

Charlotte7
10-09-2018, 06:12 AM
There's a whole raft of things that I wouldn't wear, although I bet some of them I may have worn when I was much younger.

suzanne
10-09-2018, 07:16 AM
First off, are you comfortable with trying things on in a womens clothing store? This a very useful tool to have in your purse, because you can try anything on and there is no such thing as "What was I thinking?" There is only "Yes, it makes me look fabulous. I'll take it" or "Nope. Next item please". The result is you never come out of the store with something you later regret.

If you're not comfortable shopping for yourself, give it a try. You'll find sales staff to be very professional and accepting, maybe even eager to help a nervous CD find herself and become happier.

alwayshave
10-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Pants. I won't wear pants.

JenniferMBlack
10-09-2018, 08:17 AM
I won't wear a romper, or a romphim. I don't care if it is made for a man or a woman have never seen anyone look good in them so won't even try them.

Bruce64
10-09-2018, 08:43 AM
I stop wearing Men's Vests.

Micki_Finn
10-09-2018, 09:29 AM
No, I won’t just wear anything simply because it’s made for women. I have my own sense of style that I follow, and then there are certain styles/colors/whatnot that work best for me and others that don’t work at all. It’s not about the clothes for me, it’s about gender expression and being myself.

HollyGreene
10-09-2018, 09:51 PM
I'm also quite choosy about what I wear. It has to fit reasonably well and look good.
What's slightly strange is that I have tried on clothes that would not normally be to my taste or style (especially colours that I would never normally wear), but turn out to look great and they end up being among my favourites.

Patience
10-09-2018, 10:28 PM
I may change my mind someday, but I generally avoid maternity clothing.

Fran-K
10-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Hi

I agree with many of the other girls here
If it doesn’t work for me then I see no need to wear it
the big reason I crossdress in the first place is that can look reall good, even on my kind of body, feels good, and so on.

Wearing shlumpy dumpy women’s clothes ... nah. I may as well wear my twin brother’s well used boy Levi’s and oil stained flannel shirt... cheaper, less work to put together, I won’t be upset if bad things happen to them, and there’s no problem if I’m “caught”

I’ll look at and consider just about anything, but it still has to work

Fran

Asew
10-10-2018, 07:26 AM
Lately I have been expanding what I look for (particularly in thrift stores where there is a lot of variety and cheap prices). Usually my gut instinct is right and it stays at the store. I think it is useful to go outside your comfort zone and at least explore other options since you can for sure learn if you like it or not. I think my biggest surprise was how much I love (heeled) booties.

sometimes_miss
10-10-2018, 01:24 PM
I won't wear baby/toddler outfits, or anything that smacks of being old; I have no desire to look like a homely fat old lady. Like a wig which is styled to what an 80 year old would wear, or for that matter, any short wig; it has to be shoulder length or longer, and oh, zero curls. I hate curly hair. . Pants; pants do nothing to help the dysphoria. Unnatural color or orangish red wigs. Platform shoes; I'm tall enough already. I had a pair of 6" heels once, and was constantly hitting my head on the doorways, not to mention the pain in the feet.

LydiaL
10-10-2018, 01:52 PM
I prefer a slightly sexy (or even slu-tee) look. No "church-lady" garb for me!

CynthiaD
10-10-2018, 04:13 PM
No, I won't wear something just because it's made for a woman. It has to look nice on me. There are certain colors that I just can't stand, and won't wear. And there are some dresses that just look too frumpy. There are others that make me look ridiculous. For me, the essence of crossdressing is to find clothing that enhances my appearance, and there are plenty of things that don't.

DIANEF
10-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Just like any woman I have a certain number of styles I like, and some I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. My current avatar is a good indicator of my type of dressing.

t-girlxsophie
10-10-2018, 10:00 PM
I have got to really love the item im wearing,even if its just a casual pair of jeans and a top.Equally I won't wear something because it's the in thing to wear,if I dont like it I simply wouldn't wear it.
My wife too will with no hesitation tell me if a clothing item is horrible,she is a good judge of what suits me

Sophie

Tina B.
10-14-2018, 10:47 PM
If the description starts with the word sissy, uni-sex, club wear, fetish wear, I'll pass. I like casual skirts and blouses, pants, Capri, pretty dresses, most of the time, I dress just a notch above the ladies at the mall, but then I shop in the same stores they do.

ClosetED
10-15-2018, 06:49 AM
I am a EOCD - if it was made for a woman, I would put it on to see how it looks. I have worn men's clothes and added feminine touches, so long as the final result is feminine. I have tried on gray hair wigs, bimbo looks, blendable, bikinis, leotards, jeans, short shorts.
Hugs, Ellen

Charlotte7
10-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Asymmetric hems = no

Christie ann
10-15-2018, 10:18 AM
I may change my mind someday, but I generally avoid maternity clothing.

Although, I already am sporting the “baby bump” after years of careful consumption.

I avoid maternity clothes basically because I don’t want to appear to make fun of these women doing something extraordinary.