PDA

View Full Version : tattoos?

Brenda Locke
10-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Hello everyone. Its been a while since I have posted.
I Am thinking of getting a femme lower back tattoo, and was wondering if anyone out their has done this or not?
Also how much did it hurt?
I am also thinking of getting a front shoulder/upper breast tattoo if not the back.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hugs Brenda

Mermaiden
10-08-2018, 05:57 PM
I have two tattoos, one on each deltoid. I can show them or cover them up easily. Didn’t really hurt, just a bit uncomfortable.
It goes without saying tattoos are permanent, so check out the work of the artist. Doesn’t hurt to show them pictures of what you like and are thinking about.
A word of warning, a lot of people say after you get one, it’s hard to resist another. Kind of liking putting on panties.

Tracii G
10-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Lower back tattoos are not all that popular these days from the info I am getting from friends.
Still seem to be called tramp stamps by the tattoo crowd.
I would think twice about getting one there.

Jaymie
10-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Agreed... I would stay away from the Tramp Stamp! Small ankle or shoulder art seems to be popular and can be tastefully done. I see an alarming number of younger girls with full or half sleeves as well and I just don't get it. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a GG friend that does permanent makeup but I guess that's not really body art.

Robyn mac
10-08-2018, 07:30 PM
I was thinking of getting vines of ivy up my leg or maybe a tree with birds on it up my leg. No tramp stamp for me.

BLUE ORCHID
10-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Hi Brenda :hugs:, Tattoos look great on other peoples bodies, But NOT MINE.

See line #4 in my signature. >Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

Tracii G
10-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Tattoos are so common now that you will look like just one of the crowd if you get one.
I choose to be different and not have one but then I never followed the crowd anyway.
The really pretty girls with full sleeves is kind of trampy if that is a word but if they like them thats all that matters.

Robertacd
10-08-2018, 08:13 PM
No ink here, just not my thing.

RADER
10-08-2018, 08:31 PM
I am also a no ink person, Just not me.
Rader

AllieSF
10-08-2018, 08:39 PM
In my opinion your tattoo art should be personal and mean something to you because it will there until you decide to pay for expensive and painful removal. I agree that the tramp stamp is passe for many. Smaller and meaningful and fun ones in strategic spots are more in style and to me work very well with most people. I have two, the one below on the inside of my wrist is a play on my nickname since childhood and the message that resonates with so many of us trying to be ourselves. The other if I can find a picture of it is on the outside back of one of my ankles and is simple and very clean.

The actual process for these two tattoos was very quick with a low to moderate pain. The ankle one hurt the most and was also the quickest to do. I love both of them and am proud that I got them.

Teri Ray
10-08-2018, 08:50 PM
I have tattoos and when it come to dressing I am sorry, now, that I have them. If I knew what I know now I would pass on tattoos. That being said I find more women wearing tattoos these days. My lesson learned is think long and hard about making decisions that cannot be easily undone. Just my 2 cents.

Melissa Rose
10-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Be 100% sure you want a tattoo and think carefully about the design and placement. Only get one for the right reasons and not part of a "feminine fantasy". Since this post is in the crossdresser sections, I am assuming you (the OP) are a cross dresser.

Lower back tattoos ("tramp stamps") are considered passe these days and kind of a cliche. They are mostly found on women so it may raise attention when in male mode especially if it is more traditionally feminine in design. The placement of a shoulder/chest tattoo would not draw as much attention, but the design may if it ss more feminine. Depending on the placement and design, shoulder/chest tattoos can look a bit odd when partially covered with clothing. Really think through the design and placement and how it looks with and without clothing.

In general, any place were your skin is thinner and over bone tends to hurt the most, or any place with lots of nerve endings. A tramp stamp is going to be most painful when over your spine and tailbone, and a shoulder/chest tattoo when over your collarbone. Everyone reacts differently though. I have 4 tattoos and the one on the lower right side of my back hurt the most. The two on my outer thighs were not as bad, but still had their moments. I barely felt the little one on my shoulder.

All 4 were done during or after my transition so I factored in placement and design very carefully (all would be considered more traditionally feminine). Most of the time, mine are not visible to the outside world and purposely placed as not to be visible at work (I work in an office environment). They are personal expressions and done for myself with a clear purpose and intent in mind. Be mindful of your reasons.

Jackiefl
10-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Tattoo's are a personal thing that should be thought thru before getting one. I personally have 3 tattoo's. The 3 are small fem purple dragon right shoulder, lower back (tramp stamp) and a small fem rose �� on my left ankle.

Beverley Sims
10-09-2018, 12:10 AM
I am not a fan of something that will be a permanent fashion item.

What if the fashion changes in ten years.

Rachelakld
10-09-2018, 02:30 AM
Agreeing with Tracii, tramp stamps are so "last week" I'm surprised anyone still likes them.
The small ones on ankles etc are not to bad

Tania75
10-09-2018, 04:25 AM
I am with most other people here about tattoos. For me it is a fashion thing, brought on by the many shows on cable TV, but which will die off at a later date, but you will always be left with the tattoo.
By all means get one if you want to, but for me, I would get a piercing, which you can always just take out if the novelty/fashion wears off.

Helen_Highwater
10-09-2018, 04:40 AM
Brenda,

I have male friends who are now in later life that had tattoos in their younger years. I look upon it as being like fading wallpaper.

Some of the GG's having them done now while they're young and slender may grow to regret it as age takes it's course and things sag and wrinkle.

The fad for tats is just that, a fad as beard wearing has become in the past few years. Beards can be shaved, lasering off tats isn't that easy.

Think carefully.

Bobbi46
10-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Tatoos? I would not have one at all, yes if you want one go for it but if in years to come you decide its not for you yes you can have lazer treatment to remove but depending on the depth of pigment of the tatoo one is often left with a patch of skin which has a different texture to it and colour as well.
Be cautious befor you take the plunge thats my advice for what its worth IMHO.

Stacy Darling
10-09-2018, 05:40 AM
I'm a Floral tatt Girl, and flowers will go out of fashion when only time ends! Thinking of some orange/yellow peonies to go next to my roses actually!

Position is crucial, as it is an art piece. The lower back is for others to see, I'd never go there.
Colour is as important as the design, as you will see this for a long time!

I'm not saying that you should get a tattoo, It's just that I've had mine for 30yrs (some recolouring) with never a regret!
But flowers are a large part of my life!

And of course it will hurt!
Stacy!

Micki_Finn
10-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Please don’t get a tramp stamp (lower back). Tattoos hurt, there’s no way around that. How much it hurts will vary wildly depending on where there placing the ink. Fleshy areas are generally easier than bony, and the more sensitive the skin the more it will hurt. As to the actual sensation, the best description I’ve ever heard is to drag the corner of a razor blade over your skin hard. (Don’t actually cut yourself though please!).

I find the front of the shoulder/upper pec area to be a pretty masculine placement for a tattoo. This is just my personal opinion, but the most feminine places for tattoos are the back of the shoulder (shoulder blade) and on the legs.

- - - Updated - - -

The really pretty girls with full sleeves is kind of trampy

Thank you so much! :)

dana 1
10-09-2018, 10:20 AM
I got a tattoo when I was in the service 45 years ago, it's just a blue green & red gob of ink that looks terrible now, it means a lot to me but it sure is ugly now

Alice_2014_B
10-09-2018, 10:48 AM
I have zero experience with tattoos, never had one.
I admire them on others and have nothing against ink.
I've had friends offer to pay for a tattoo for me, but it had to be of their choosing.
:)

Tracii G
10-09-2018, 11:04 AM
That was just my opinion Micki and I was talking about genetic females not CDers.
Its a personal thing and I get it and if you have a full sleeve thats just fine.

Micki_Finn
10-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Oh no, I was being sincere Tracii. I’m trampy and proud!

Angie G
10-09-2018, 11:56 AM
never got inked my Son and my daughter have them, I think this body is just to sexy to cover in ink. :hugs:
Angie

DIANEF
10-09-2018, 02:05 PM
I've got nothing against tattoos if done tastefully (though I'd never get one myself), but some look really trashy and do nothing to enhance a persons look. My son's girlfriend has many up her arms which look awful.

Jenny22
10-09-2018, 04:26 PM
I should stay out of this discussion, but I can't. Tats are not for me. On a woman, small, tasteful ones in the right places can look nice. I've seen too many very pretty girls with so much ink that its a disgusting landscape. As they age, the tats will begin to look like wet water colors running down a canvas. So, IMHO, be brutally honest with yourself as to what you want and WHY!

Tahoegurl
10-09-2018, 05:07 PM
I have a fair amount of ink work done. I like them and I appreciate the art on others. All of mine are for me...i can show or cover them up if I choose to. Tattoos are a very personal decision, as they are basically permanent feature. I wish you all the best on your journey. Cheers.

Diane Smith
10-10-2018, 12:54 AM
I have enough work now to be considered "heavily tattooed," and I choose them specifically to enhance my feminine presentation - no masculine designs for me. I also only work with female artists. Mostly flowers, birds, butterflies, on my back, legs and sides. I have two female portraits on my upper arms. All of these are covered when I'm in male drag and nobody who knows my personality would suspect that I am wearing a substantial amount of ink. It does preclude wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts in boy mode, but I hardly ever did anyway, so that was not a big problem for me. The tattoos get a lot of mostly positive attention when I'm dressed and are very much a part of my femme persona.

The pain varies a lot depending on the location, how hydrated you are, and your general health and mood that day. Large flat areas with plenty of fat and muscle underneath are the easiest - back, legs, upper arms - except when working directly over the spine or ribs. The tops of my feet, and my buttocks, were both sheer torture, however. (The latter because my butt kept twitching madly every time the artist came close to it with her needles!) Ankles, and the "tramp stamp" region, are both moderately painful because they involve working over bony areas.

- Diane

sometimes_miss
10-10-2018, 05:40 AM
So, just be careful, and think twice before jumping into ink. You can inadvertently kind of wind up looking like someone in the circus side show if you're not careful.

alwayshave
10-10-2018, 06:08 AM
I have thought of a tattoo from time to time. I have considered a sea turtle on my calf or my family crest on my upper arm.

Piora
10-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Tattoos? Nope. Nope. NOPE! I find sleeves and huge tapestries on women looks trashy. Just my opinion. A small, subtle one - sure, nothing wrong with that, if it's your thing.

t-girlxsophie
10-10-2018, 10:08 PM
My son got a dragon tattoo up his side,I have to admit it's a cracking piece of ink.He wanted to get another one,and tried getting me to come along and get one too,a Xmas present for me,I wasn't falling for that one I'm a wuss when it comes to pain,and I'm not particularly into them either

Sophie

KimberlyJean
10-11-2018, 05:23 PM
I have three, they all have meaning/story behind them and they only show when I wear a tank top. If you get anything make sure it has some meaning for you and that it won't be in an awkward place. I really want a small pink transgender symbol tattooed by my pubic area. So that it would be covered by my panties.

candice.aihara
10-11-2018, 07:03 PM
I have a tramp stamp.

As this isn't a picture sub forum, send me a private message if you want more details about it.

Bobbi46
10-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Some tatoos are very nice, its a personal thing, not for me but if a particular tatoo has a special meaning for one then yes go for it, those sort of tatoos are good for the soul.

FrannGurl
10-11-2018, 08:24 PM
Ive thought about it. Maybe something small and a bit feminine on my rear or pubic area, but not seriously...No ink for me so far!

Shely
10-11-2018, 08:27 PM
I got an Hawaiian tribal tattoo around one of ankles this summer, it looks real nice, like an anklet.

donnalee
10-12-2018, 09:27 AM
I got a tattoo when I was in the service 45 years ago, it's just a blue green & red gob of ink that looks terrible now, it means a lot to me but it sure is ugly now

I would really like to talk you out of it if possible.
As you age,the tattoo becomes less definite and eventually will wind up looking like a nasty bruise and the bigger it is the uglier it will be. There is also a serious danger of infection and some really nasty diseases like AIDS and Hep-C.
An alternative would be Henna, which lasts about a month and has some really pretty designs if you absolutely must do this

Micki_Finn
10-12-2018, 09:52 AM
Modern techniques, inks, and hardware have progressed to the point that the bleeding a lot of youbladies are talking about is greatly minimized. Also, any tattoo shop worth their salt surgically sterilizes all their equipment so you’re more likely to get a disease from fast food than you are from a tattoo. And “ugly” is in the eye of the beholder. Many modern tattoo artists are ARTISTS capable of churning out museum quality art. Modern tattooing is NOT old sailor tattoos.
I would really like to talk you out of it if possible.
As you age,the tattoo becomes less definite and eventually will wind up looking like a nasty bruise and the bigger it is the uglier it will be. There is also a serious danger of infection and some really nasty diseases like AIDS and Hep-C.
An alternative would be Henna, which lasts about a month and has some really pretty designs if you absolutely must do this

Stacy Darling
10-12-2018, 10:18 AM
As an Artist, I wouldn't allow a tattooist from one of the family studios tattoo me!
The Studios are sterile as, yet the artists are employed more because of their affiliation with so called motorcycle enthusiast groups!

Find an independent Artist and go with it!

Stacy!

Rhandi Spencer
10-12-2018, 02:37 PM
I have 9 tattoos, All of them are personal and most of them are very masculine.
One of the things that I have learned from this forum is, "As long as you are happy who cares" That is my advice to you, if you are happy that is what matters.
Looking at the original post, this has been answered, the thicker the meat is generally the less pain or if it is near nerve endings this will cause pain as well. No Pain no gain

I would find a reputable artist tell them what you want and make several trips before getting it done, most of all have fun.

Fran in skirts
10-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Tats are the poor mans art. Or at least that is what I was taught at an early age. I know several people who have tats and they have some very beautiful pictures on them that the only way to see them is if they are naked. Most of them now regret having them done. One of my friends has paid thousands to have them removed. The result is scars and nasty looking patches on his skin. He is now unable to wear shorts because of this.

So my suggestion is wear the new tats that wash off after a while and are not permanent.

Fran