PDA

View Full Version : Out of Control

Janelle Young
03-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi ladies,

I was paying some bills today and one was for a credit card that I use on e bay. I do like to shop on e bay. Well I have been going through a shopping spree lately. I broke up with a girlfriend three months ago and I think shopping and dressing are helping me to get over her. Anyway to my surprise I spent 230.00 on women's clothes in the past month. I do not think I have spent that much on male clothes in the past two years. It does not bother me as I live alone and no one is going without food or whatever else is needed. I may need to add more closet space soon though.

I was wondering if anyone else has gone on a shopping spree and if you did was there any reason that you did?

carol ann
03-19-2006, 07:26 PM
There was a day last year when my wife went away to visit a family member for ten days. I went out around the city centre to various stores and bought a number of skirts, tops, 2 dresses, a three piece swimming outfit, shoes, and two complete sets of lingerie and fresh make up. It all cost more than my wife's trip.

But I had a fabulous week or so!!!

RenaCD
03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Janelle join the club dear I've been on one big Shopping spree since the first of the year, I've kind of tapered off the last couple weeks, but I'm Getting itchy feet again if anyone says the word Sale I'm Doomed

Big Hugs Rena

Tina Dixon
03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Well the last time I went to Janets in detroit I spent over 500, I needed things:D

JoannaDees
03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
My name is Joanna ... I am a shoaholic ... I once spent $300 in one night on Zappos ...... please help me .............................................

So you see, you are not alone! :D

JeanneF
03-19-2006, 07:46 PM
If you're not going to miss the rent or car payments, and no one is depending on you for support, what's the problem? One of the reasons I choose to remain single is that I have no desire to have someone depending on me financially at this point. Plus, I can go to the mall, see something I like, and buy it. It's a good thing.

kim in n.c.
03-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Put me in that club also:D . Seven months ago I seperated from my wife:D . Took a new job with much MUCH better pay than I ever imagined I would get:D , Moved into an apartment :D .And I have more time to myself than ever before:D .
In that time I have bought: breastforms, breast enhancers, much lacy things, and 1/3 of my closet space is filled with new female clothes.
Ive got to slow down though. maybe after i get a wig (eventhough I have long hair myself).
Its been a hell of a ride, but I want to save up for a house and some land in the country.

talkwithmelissa
03-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Over the past 2 weeks I picked up 6 skirts, 2 purses (one for my wife), a pair of summer heels, 2 sweaters, 3 blouses, a hat, and smaller stuff like low sheen nail polish. Most of them were from consignment, sale, or clearence so the cost was low. I really didn't need to buy all of it but couldn't resist. I hardly buy any male clothes lately.
My bigger purchases for the year are for my makeup and skin care which is over $300. I have never spent that much on my male self.
Now all I need to do is find some places to go to use my stuff.

Barb Valentine
03-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I think we all spend more on our en femme side than our male side
( I did 600 last week )(( that was in Canada dollars so it was only $1.50 US ))

Sage GG
03-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Janelle join the club dear I've been on one big Shopping spree since the first of the year, I've kind of tapered off the last couple weeks, but I'm Getting itchy feet again if anyone says the word Sale I'm Doomed

Big Hugs Rena
Rena

Sale at Macy's

RenaCD
03-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Rena

Sale at Macy's

See Jannelle there's half my problem and I love It.
She Knows I Don't have any Will Power.
Time To Build Bigger Closets

Snookums
03-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Janelle,I do a sort of shopping spree every month,a couple pair of low rise flair or boot cut jeans,maybe some sexy heels,I don't buy off E bay any more,been burnt every time,but do like Amazon for shoes,leggings,and capris.My SO takes absolutely zero interest in my dressing,not one compliment on my choice of shoes or other clothes,such is life with a GG whose brain cramps,and farts.:Party2:

Alexandria
03-20-2006, 05:17 AM
I spent over $500 the past month on women's clothing.

I spent over $50 the past two years on mens clothing.

Now that's something....

Denise01
03-20-2006, 09:25 AM
I think we all get carried away a bit at times.
There was a new Ladies wear store opened up about 20 Miles from where I live.
Being inquisitive, I had to go and see what was there especially in the new spring colours.
That night I bought an new spring and fall jacket, skirt and top.
Then next night they were having an open house to introduce the spring line and also because of the move to new premises. I went over again, entered a draw for a $25.00 gift certificate, not ever expecting to win, and guess what, the first thing I won in a long time.
Wed Night went to get my certificate, they had a sale on as well, so that night, bought another spring skirt, and 4 tops.
The quality was good, prices were good with the sale, but whoops::::::: the debit card took a hit, so better slow down for a while
But shopping is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise:)

EricaCD
03-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm making up for lost time - since I have been inactive for quite a while. I am running up charges like crazy. Critical thing, in matters of money as in all other aspects of dressing, is balance. An occasional over-spending is a guilty pleasure. Missing a mortgage is a problem.

(...she said, as she returned to Zappos to look at more boots...)

barbie lanai
03-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Seems the problem here is spending too much on guy's clothes. You can never spend too much on the better things in life.

Kathycd
03-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Am smiling sheeplessly here. Purges from time to time throught out my dressing has left me in the position of only buying new outfits. Weel the last ime, 2 years ago drained almost all of my wardrobe and the purge thing is a thing of the past for me. That will not happen again.

I does cause one to get some new things though as fashion changes. <smile>

I am looking at some things on ebay as well and have found some fantastic heels on Peirre Sibler web site.

Good luck and hugs

kathy in oklahoma

Teresa Amina
03-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Been spending quite a bit here too but think about it as making up for lost time. Once the guy side has the wedding-and-funeral suit, a few shirts and a couple pair of jeans he's set for life. That girly side of me has gone decades without spending much at all!

Melanie R
03-20-2006, 02:10 PM
My problem is there is no more room in closets for Melanie's clothes. Knowing that my wife went with Melanie last week to a close out sale of 90% off the retail and found 4 more outfits she thought would look good on Melanie. Last Saturday night I wore one of the new outfits with new heels to a Tri-Ess meeting. She looked over at me and said "I love you in that skirt and blouse. You look so pretty". Now if we could only clone her for all those who have wife's who do not appreciate the benefits of crossdressing.

Melanie

maid phylis
03-20-2006, 02:22 PM
i guess i am like all the girls in this thread.i just came home and i am wearing the two new skirts that i just bought at lord and taylors shop in long island.i was there with my family yesterday and while they were shopping for dresses i looked around and saw what i wanted to buy.so today on my route i stopped there after i finished my deliveries and picked out the two skirts that i liked .as i never bought anything there i told the woman at the changing rooms that the dress was for a party.well she said ok and i went into the mens fitting room and tried them on .well they both fit and i told her that i was taking them and that was that,she probably knew that i was buying them for myself .i am wearing them now and they are very pretty and of course since this is their thrift shop everything is marked so for two silk skirts i paid just 35$ love phylisanne:doll:

Alexandria
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm making up for lost time - since I have been inactive for quite a while. I am running up charges like crazy. Critical thing, in matters of money as in all other aspects of dressing, is balance. An occasional over-spending is a guilty pleasure. Missing a mortgage is a problem.

(...she said, as she returned to Zappos to look at more boots...)

I'm in the same position. I had a purge, was inactive for about 6 months, and right now I am finnaly balancing out after a wild online shopping spree.

As SCEagle points out, picking out male clothing is easy...but with female clothing you have to build from scratch with shoes, skirts, blouses...not to mention accessories, blazers, dresses, wigs, breast forms, etc that all have to be coordinated just right.

Before you know it, the costs are up the roof!