PDA

View Full Version : fell 8/13- now paraplegic

flogo920
10-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Hi

I have found this forum to be of immense help, and still do.

Fell 8/13 and awoke paraplegic - 2 weeks hospital, 3 weeks skilled nursing facility, now home where I widened the doors and am modifying my wheel chair for lever drive.

No CD activity @ present.

if there are other paraplegics on forum would like to correspond .

Hugs,

Flo

AllieSF
10-13-2018, 06:36 PM
So sorry to hear about your fall and consequent problem. I wish you the best in recovering, hopefully completely.

Tracii G
10-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Was that fall this year or in 2013?
Really sorry that happened to you and I hope you can recover.

Lana Mae
10-13-2018, 06:46 PM
Best wishes for a total recovery! Hugs Lana Mae

DIANEF
10-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Sorry to hear of your accident, hope your recovery doesn't take too long.

Kelly DeWinter
10-13-2018, 07:48 PM
Hello Flogo;

I have two good CD friends who are physically challenged one from a stroke and the other who is a para as well. Over the years we have helped them by accepting whatever level of CDing they are able to achieve. One just dresses from the waist up because it's just too difficult. She does a great job. Our other friend who had a stroke sometimes comes over wearing just earrings and lipstick. Life is being able to do what you are able to make yourself feel good.

I hope you have a good support group. Ones who help and support.

Beverley Sims
10-13-2018, 11:20 PM
As kelly, says there are others here although the say little about it, there is a great support group amongst disabled cd'ers.

They may come out of the woodwork to correspond with you, I hope they do and strongly encourage it.

On the other side, you look after yourself and I hope you gain momentum as soon as possible

Linda P.
10-14-2018, 08:42 AM
My best wishes for your future recovery.

Marcia Blue
10-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Stay strong and as positive. I hope you continue to find a way to be yourself. I have friends in your position. They have over come what seemed insurmountable obstacles. They lead mostly normal lives. MY prayers and thought's
are with you.

Lisa Roberts
10-14-2018, 07:46 PM
My heart goes out to you. Stay strong.
Lace and Smiles!
Lisa.

Crissy 107
10-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Flo, Try and keep a positive attitude as that is very important. Good luck! Crissy

flogo920
10-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Would like to thank all replies with good thoughts and wishes.

Am 72. and likely to be paraplegic for the duration. Have gone from working out with weights and cardiac monitor and being in great shape up to age 63. Then had
major back surgery(L1-S1 fusion and compression) and begin atrophy.Now this-Quite a comedown.

Find myself sans a support group other than this forum, as I have had to maintain this among. many other aspects of my life to myself. Have a profound sense of
gratitude that I didn't end up in an unmarked grave in one of several assholes of the world when I was young, idealistic and frankly stupid.

Have shelved any self pity etc and am struggling to regain mobility and with that independence..

Again thank you all so much.

Hugs,

Flo

JulesLynne
10-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Hey Flo, just want to say that I hope you’re having a good day. Find something to do that gives you more mobility and independence and come back here and tell us about it. Maybe something small and seemingly insignificant... finding a better way to turn on the water in the sink, inventing a new way to get over a doorway threshold, etc. You’ll undoubtedly take a few steps back and have some setbacks, but I think that you might also find that there may be several small 1 inch strides forward that might be easily overlooked.

Take care,
Lynne

Bobbi46
10-20-2018, 02:21 PM
Be positive, don't look back at life and think what if, yes it is very sad and tragic what has happened to you and I feel very sorry for you but now is the time to look to the future and give yourself goals and expectations to reach that way you will develope a new meaning in life.
I wish you well and hope you can gain as much mobility as you possibly can.