PDA

View Full Version : Coming out

Fainne the King
03-19-2006, 09:17 PM
So I came out to my b/f. It didn't go so well. He was not happy about it at all. He said he didn't agree with that type of lifestyle and he didn't like me doing it. He also said he wasn't going to stop me from doing what I wanted, but that he just didn't like it. So we're at an odds. I asked him to please respect and accept me the way I am, and he said ok, but that I should accept who he is as well, and accept that he doesn't like this type of thing. So while it does suck that he's not altogether accepting of this, I am glad that it isn't going to ruin our relationship, I suppose we just have to agree to disagree.

mistunderstood
03-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Hopefully he will come around. It takes time. I know that what I just wrote sounds lame but time will tell if it will work-out for you and your b/f.
Hope it works out.

Tina Dixon
03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Being a MTF here, im sure he wants you to be a little cutie for him, where my SO wants me to be the Man for her, but at lease you got it out and hey he's still with you so you can grow from there now, I my self have yet to tell my SO and I keep saying soon.

Marlena Dahlstrom
03-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Fainne. :itsok:

If you haven't done so already, you might check out some of the posts talking about the reactions of female SOs, including Marla's excellent thoughts on the "acceptance pendulum" (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12890) since your boyfriend is probably going through a similar thing.

Plus, there's the whole "does this make me gay?" question he's probably asking himself -- which typically is a much bigger issue for guys. (I'm not saying the "does make me a lesbian?" doesn't exist for female SOs, only that men in general are more worried about being seen as gay.)

CaptLex
03-20-2006, 10:37 AM
I agree with Lex, I'm sure coming out took a lot of guts, so I salute you. :thumbsup:

I also see Marlena's point. He's probably thinking, "so what does that make me?" :eek: I think only time will tell whether he continues to be uncomfortable with it, but at least it sounds like he's willing to be somewhat open to it. Maybe he thinks it's a phase, or maybe he just needs time to learn more about it and see where he stands in your life now. Either way, I wish you luck.

Please keep us posted. :hugs:

mistunderstood
03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
When I started talking to my G/F about being F2M we had the whole am I gay strait or bi talk. We still have that conversation.

gennee
03-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm a crsoodresser who came out my SO on Friday. She reacted calmly when I told her that I enjoy wearing women's clothing. I'll have to educate her on crossdressing. It will take time. We're in the same boat. My wife is still with me because I told her she's the only woman that I love. Your b/f is still with you and I hope he will understand that this is a part of you.

GENNEE

CaptLex
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm a crsoodresser who came out my SO on Friday. She reacted calmly when I told her that I enjoy wearing women's clothing. I'll have to educate her on crossdressing. It will take time. We're in the same boat. My wife is still with me because I told her she's the only woman that I love. Your b/f is still with you and I hope he will understand that this is a part of you.GENNEE

Wow, gennee, that's a big step. My hat is off to you too. I hope things go smoothly for you and your wife. :)