PDA

View Full Version : Is it very common to have worn your mother’s clothes?

TolerantCD
10-17-2018, 04:37 PM
I only ever wore my own mother’s clothes when I was small (15 or so), she was the only woman in my house, hence the only clothes I could access, I don’t anymore because I know it’s wrong even though I have no clothes of my own. Is this common for most cross dressers?

Robertacd
10-17-2018, 04:54 PM
Yes it is, specially when the mother is the only female and therefore only source of women's clothing in the household.

I was always intrested, and started trying on my mother's clothing when I was 10 years old.

Micki_Finn
10-17-2018, 05:10 PM
Seems to be not uncommon here on these forums. How “common” it is would be hard to tell as we’re a small sampling. Personally I’d fall into the “no” camp.

Sallee
10-17-2018, 05:25 PM
I did but they were all that were available

tifftg
10-17-2018, 05:56 PM
That was how I started, then moved to sister's clothes when she went to college, have bought my own for the last 40 plus years.

DIANEF
10-17-2018, 06:12 PM
The only thing of my mothers I wore were her shoes, every thing else belonged to my sister (who had smaller feet than me)

t-girlxsophie
10-17-2018, 06:17 PM
That was how it started for me too,I do believe it's a common way for a lot of us starting out

Sophie

rachelatshop
10-17-2018, 07:30 PM
My mother was a nurse and the only female in the house. Her stockings and girdles were always hanging in the bathroom (we only had one bathroom) I just had to try one of those girdles and a pair of stockings. It was the first and only time I was so scared I was going to get caught.

Lana Mae
10-17-2018, 07:35 PM
My mother was the only female in the house so, yes! Hugs Lana Mae

Judy-Somthing
10-17-2018, 07:40 PM
I probably thought of looking through my mother's clothes but I didn't have to, Between 8 to about 15 and there was a large guest room in our house and my mother saved all the her and my sisters old clothes Dresses, lingerie, bras, girdles, etc.
I would get all dressed up when I got home from school and I remember having to hide under the bed for long periods if someone came home.

Tina B.
10-17-2018, 07:52 PM
I started with my big sisters clothes, but then big sisters grow up and move out, not dressing was not an option, even then. All I had left was Mom's clothes, or start stealing clothes off clothes lines in the neighbor, and my preacher would not have approved of that. so yes I wore mom's clothes, and old discards I game up with. Back then allowance was 50 cents a week, and clothes where not that cheap back then. So trying to buy even as a teen was not really an option either.

Majella St Gerard
10-17-2018, 07:55 PM
I guess for some, my mother was a large woman but I did try on my one year older sister's Catholic school uniform.

Crissy 107
10-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Moms clothes for me all the time starting at around 11-12yo. I can still remember being worried about being caught but never was.
I can also remember at around 8 wishing I was a girl, wearing a leotard and going to ballet school. I guess the seeds were planted early. Crissy

NjJamie
10-17-2018, 09:29 PM
All too common I'm sure!

If you were under 15 or so, as many have reported here and other places, those drawers full of silky treats would be too tempting to resist. From the reporting of what is someone's favorite outfit or item of clothing, I would bet that the first few items worn have remained favorite or "go-to" pieces. Still burned into my memory is trying on business outfits and casual clothing for hours on a day I stayed home from school, pretending I was getting ready to go to work or out to lunch.

Whether it was luck or skill, I had avoided getting caught for quite some time but of course that luck ran out and though she did not see me all dressed up, there was no doubt that about what I had been doing. I was able to run the other way and swap out into some shorts and a tee shirt but I had left her drawers open, with a chair pulled in from another room so I could be comfortable while applying her makeup. A rather uncomfortable conversation ensued which was thankfully cut short when my siblings got home from school.

With Amazon and the Internet making for great shopping and some concept of privacy, there's not a good reason to continue but I would bet that most new CD's will follow the same path many of us have been on, just the way things go.

suzanne
10-17-2018, 09:39 PM
It happened that way for me. I was the oldest of three sons, so mom's was the only wardrobe I had access to.

Diane Smith
10-17-2018, 11:06 PM
I am an only child, so mom's clothes, shoes and makeup were the only women's items I had access to until my teen years. I am pretty sure I tried on everything in her closets and drawers at least once. Unfortunately, nothing she had ever really fit me well. At age 15 or so, my grandmother went into a nursing home and we brought most of her things to our house. Those fit me much better, but were mostly styled for a 60-something society lady, a look which didn't really fit my age or lifestyle at the time, but has probably influenced my taste ever since. She did have some very nice shoes which were only one size or so too small for me. Needless to say, I wore them even though they hurt sometimes!

- Diane

docrobbysherry
10-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Among vanilla males, that is!:straightface:

But, this is a trans/crossdressing site! So, it's common as dirt here!:heehee:

Leslie Mary S
10-18-2018, 12:16 AM
I think I tried on some of mom and my sisters stuff but I was the runt of the litter and everything in the house feminine was to big for me. and when mom and dad divorced when I was 13 I was still only 42" tall and maybe 75 pounds and sis was already topping out at 4 feet 10". It wasn't till about 1958 that I started to grow. It was 1960 when some of my cousins stuff started to fit. I did sneak some of my girlfriends stuff for a couple days and wear then in my room in the basement. The I had to sneak them back into her wash basket.

Becky Blue
10-18-2018, 01:25 AM
I did, only GG in my house

Charlotte7
10-18-2018, 01:45 AM
A girl's got to start somewhere :)

Lacey New
10-18-2018, 06:09 AM
I must admit that in my early teens 13 or 14 or so, I experimented with my mother’s annd sisters clothing. Most particularly, their underwear and I used it not surprisingly for sexual gratification. Those were the days before I thought I was a cross dresser. I just thought I was a pervert.

sara66
10-18-2018, 06:14 AM
I started with my mom's. As my sister got older and our size became the same, I move on to hers'.

Sara :)

alwayshave
10-18-2018, 06:20 AM
While I did wear my mothers, it was more common to wear my sisters.

Elizabeth G
10-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Since I had no sisters the only female clothes in my house when I was growing up were my mothers so that's how I started.

Krisi
10-18-2018, 07:25 AM
I can only speak for myself. My mother was the only female in the house. My room was downstairs so everyone would throw their dirty clothes down the stairway and they were at my doorstep. I eventually tried on my mother's bra and panties.

Ressie
10-18-2018, 07:38 AM
This explains why I sometime dress like a frumpy woman from the '60s!

Karen RHT
10-18-2018, 07:51 AM
First time I dressed was at Halloween. Mom helped dress me in clothes she had set aside as too small for her.

Karen

Edit: I should add that I continued to wear mom's clothes for several years after that. Younger sister's clothes didn't appeal to me.

dana digs sweaters
10-18-2018, 07:52 AM
If the opportunities were there, How could we not?

silkycdresser
10-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Yes, I started out that way, too.

The question nobody has addressed is why the urge in the first place?

Georgina
10-18-2018, 08:09 AM
As my sisters were much younger my mother's clothes were the only ones that fitted. I eventually got my own underwear but still wore her dresses and skirts. I used to enjoy her new dresses as much as she did. I remember, back in the fifties to eighties, young girls saying that they would not wear their mother's clothes as they were too old for them. That was not the case with me. I thought then that more sons would wear their mother's clothes than daughters.

Crissy 107
10-18-2018, 08:21 AM

I would love to know the answer to this but there is no apparent answer that I am aware of. Crissy

Veronica4me
10-18-2018, 08:32 AM
I think it is a combination of factors for me. There weren't really any boundaries around the age of 12. I would explore my mom's underwear drawer (never my dad's - LOL) when I was home alone. I loved the feel of the nylon stockings and slips. They felt wonderful next to my skin, and I didn't have to even consider shaving at that age!!!

Tracy Irving
10-18-2018, 08:38 AM
I would wear my mother's panties until 16 when I got my freedom (drivers license) and bought my own.

Asew
10-18-2018, 09:10 AM
In my teenage years I wore my older sister's clothes mostly.

My brother had a sports illustrated subscription for many years and my mom hid the swimsuit issue in a large cedar chest. We all knew that is where she hid them. Well also in that cedar chest were other things she didn't use including 3 knee length half slips (a white one, a black one, and leopard print one). Those half slips were the only thing of my mother's I ever wore (since I didn't think she wore them, since I was too afraid of getting caught by her). Probably why I like that length and type of slip now :)

My sister had a poodle skirt for a Halloween outfit (which I loved to wear by the way). The other weekend my mother was telling me how she has worn that skirt for Halloween too a few years back. My wife could tell by looking at me while my mother told us this story that I had worn that skirt before. Not sure if my mom picked up on that or not :)

Stephanie47
10-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Yep, I had no younger sisters or female cousins. The only access to female clothing was my mother's. And, that was up to a point since I ended up being larger than my mother.

CynthiaD
10-18-2018, 09:33 AM
I started when I was 3. This was in 1951 or 1952. I had a younger brother, but no sisters. Realistically, under those circumstances, what other option do you have?

It wasn't until the 1970's that I had the money and the privacy to get my own clothes.

Angela Marie
10-18-2018, 09:33 AM
I was an only child raised by a single mother. I began wearing her tights when I was about 11 or 12. I remember she had a black pair and blue pair. Loved walking around the house in them. That's where it all started.

Sarah Doepner
10-18-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm another one who was raised in a home with the only female being my mother. I wasn't close to any of my girl cousins and moved often enough I never really got close to any of my friends sisters who may have helped out. Mom was the only source.

NancySue
10-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Yes...eventually. Growing up, of the kids in our neighborhood, sisters lived next door. We often played together...games, roller skating, etc. They would play dress up and once, asked me to join them. At first, no big deal..until I put on a pair of nylon stockings and high heels. BAM! It was amazing...I’d never felt anything so nice and comfortable. I couldn’t wait to wear them again. The older sister did dress me and put some lipstick on. When home, I’d see Mom’s stockings hanging in the bathroom, so I started rooting in the drawer she kept her stockings. I was in heaven, until I put a run in a pair. She never said anything, but I cooled it...for a while. Her high heels fit, but I out grew them. Eventually, I wore her slips and garter belts. I worried about getting caught, but the pink fog protected me.

DanielleCD
10-18-2018, 09:59 AM
I think very common. The first girly things I ever wore were my moms pantyhose. From there I moved on to my sisters underwear. It wasn't until I was living in my own place that I started buying my own things.

JocelynJames
10-18-2018, 10:07 AM
No sisters for me either. My next older brother dressed once as a joke ( I think) so I thought it was ok. I was instantly hooked.

Ressie
10-18-2018, 10:25 AM

There have been several threads on this topic or threads where it was brought up. It is a mystery really.

stephNE
10-18-2018, 10:47 AM
I think its very common. I did. I had no sisters, so my moms things were all I had access to, when I was growing up.
My parents caught me a couple times. It wasn't good. My mom said I was ruining her things. My dad would beat me for doing it.

sometimes_miss
10-18-2018, 11:32 AM

That would be the million dollar question.

Do crossdressers usually wear some of their mom's clothes? Probably. Do your average boys do it? Probably not; they probably wore their dad's clothing, though.

Beverley Sims
10-18-2018, 11:35 AM
Very common I started that way too, apart from the next door neighbour's girls who used to dress me up.

carhill2mn
10-18-2018, 12:10 PM
My mother was the only woman in my family when I was young. So, naturally, it was her clothes that I wore. She had two silky blouses that fit me like a dress at age 8 or
so and I was hooked for life.

Joanne Curl
10-18-2018, 12:12 PM
Yep. That’s where it started so long ago for me.

Cheryl T
10-18-2018, 02:53 PM
Yes, it it common and it's how I began my journey.
Once I discovered how I loved things feminine I tried on most everything she had, from lingerie and stockings to slips and dresses and of course her heels.

I finally had my own things when I was about 16, but until them hers were treasures to me.

Karmen
10-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Yes, everyone probably starts with that, especially if you don't have a sister. I wore my mother's clothes and shoes until they fit me, because I couldn't buy my own at the time and I would have hard time hiding my own female clothes at home anyway. I only bought pantyhose and panties back than, because they were small item and easy to hide and one pair of heels when I outgrown my mother's shoes. And I was always scared that someone would find them, hidden in the back of the closet.

Ressie
10-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Do your average boys do it? Probably not; they probably wore their dad's clothing, though.

I never wore any of my dad's clothes which is proof I'm a transbian!

Seriously though, I was around 26, living at home, and was addicted to donning a few items of my mom's nearly every day (in the basement). A pair of lovely sandals with a low heel, pantyhose, maybe a slip or panties? I can't remember everything, but I loved those shoes! There were also a few boxes of my sister's old clothes in the basement that I rummaged thru once in a while.

One day my mom told me to be careful so the neighbors wouldn't see what I was doing! A few years later after moving out I had a GF that was nearly 6' tall. My my said that she had the same size feet as me so I could wear her shoes!

Jaymees22
10-18-2018, 03:20 PM
I agree it's common here but not out in the real world. I'm an only child so my mothers clothes were what was available at the time. I was 17 she had a LBD,a blonde wig and pantyhose which were just becoming available. Needless to say I got very excited.

silkycdresser
10-19-2018, 02:01 AM
On a deeper, psychological level, might it be linked to poor parenting or wanting to be closer to our mothers than we actually were, as part of the complex mix of reasons behind crossdressing?

kayegirl
10-19-2018, 02:52 AM
Whilst it does appear to be a common thread here. I never once looked or tried my Mother's clothes or shoes. OK, I was fortunate in having an older sister, so all of my younger dressing was with her items. Although nothing was ever said, I am certain that my mother knew, I'm equally certain that if I had used any of her items, then there would have been trouble, big trouble.

DaisyLawrence
10-19-2018, 02:56 AM
I'm absolutely sure I would have done if they hadn't all been thrown out after she died when I was 10.

BaliGirl
10-19-2018, 03:24 AM
I wore my mom's bras. I had an older sister but never wore her stuff because I thought I she would more likely detect that someone else was wearing her things.

ellbee
10-19-2018, 04:27 AM
On a deeper, psychological level, might it be linked to poor parenting or wanting to be closer to our mothers than we actually were, as part of the complex mix of reasons behind crossdressing?

In some cases, I'm sure that may be at least a *part* of it, anyway.

But I think there's a lot more to it than just that.

Anyway, I was one of those who had no sisters, so some of mom's older, smaller-sized stretchy things (and eventually her shoes) were the only thing I could really dip into while growing up. That, and her make-up, since we can wear a lot of the same shades. :battingeyelashes:

I made do, though... Had to be a bit creative, and turned other things I already owned like t-shirts, shorts, winter-hats, pillowcases, etc., into skirts & dresses. Can definitely do a lot with a pair of scissors, some thread & a needle! :roflmao:

And yeah, she knew I was getting into her stuff. Whether she found it hidden in my room sometimes, or actually even catching me trying to sneak into her bedroom/closet, she was well aware.

She never really encouraged it *or* discouraged it. And I feel that was probably the best policy. :)

Roxanne Lanyon
10-19-2018, 05:24 AM
Oh, girls, I certainly did! Now, I simply adore feminine fashions! I would even date in my skirts! Oh, am I a "wicked" girl, or what?

Roxanne, being her is a Wonderful Thing!

Brandi Christine
10-19-2018, 06:12 AM
My Mom first and then my aunt when she moved in with us (I was about 10, she 13), I dressed in their clothes until I was about 16.

Eemz
10-19-2018, 06:41 AM
From the stories on this forum it seems like some people start CD early in life, others later. For those of us who started early, well as a kid you only have access to whatever is in your house so mother's and sisters' stuff is all there is. I never felt bad about it really - I didn't like borrowing other people's stuff without asking them, but I didn't have any other options. I was going to look after it and bring it back so I didn't see it as being "wrong" in a biblical sense or whatever. Maybe in the UK I'd have been charged with TWOC (taking without the owner's consent) like they do with joy riders lol.

Vicky Peters
10-19-2018, 10:16 AM
I never tried on my mother's cloths but I use to stay with my aunt on the weekends and that was the of dressing.

Rhonda Jean
10-19-2018, 10:30 AM
My very first forays were in the bathroom where the clothes hamper was. A mixture of my sister's and mother's clothes. That goes back as far as I can remember. Starting when I was I guess 10 or 12, I wore her heels around the house to break them in for her. This was her idea. In a very recent talk with my sister, I now doubt that it was entirely to break them in. Later I played with her makeup. She gave me her old clip-ons when she got her ears pierced. She used her curlers when she first started rolling my hair. That's about it for actually wearing her things.

PattiL
10-19-2018, 10:33 AM
I started with my mom's clothes like many others. I've moved on since but there were three boys and she was the only female in the house. I was caught a few times and they weren't fun conversations.

Alice Torn
10-19-2018, 10:41 AM
Around age 13, started sneaking into my older sister's things, and trying on. What a sexual rush!! i ruined some of her pantyhose. Then, experimented with my mom's nylon, and girdle. About than time, my parents tle me they wanted me to go see a "shrink.
They never mentioned the dressing, but i think they must have known. I had great elation and thrills, followed by great shame and guilt. I quit for many years.

Patience
10-19-2018, 12:40 PM
I was caught a few times and they weren't fun conversations.

Once was enough for me. Those conversations can be rough.

To answer the OP's Q, I should think it's extremely common, as mothers are the most likely female presence in a young person's life.

The first dress I wore may have been my mothers at some point. It was too small for her, but a perfect fit for my 6 (or so) - year old body. I don't know why I wanted to put it on, but the feeling of having it on was almost magical.

Alice B
10-19-2018, 01:06 PM
I did not start dressing until long after my mother had passed, so never had the chance. I sure I would have if I had started earlier. My mother was an attractive woman and would have offered a wide variety of options. And I think she would have been OK with it. My father...NEVER!

Eemz
10-19-2018, 02:36 PM
I was caught a few times and they weren't fun conversations.
Oh I hear ya, I hear ya LOL

April T
10-19-2018, 02:47 PM
The first woman's clothes I had access to were hers. It was a girlfriend when I was 17 that got me fully dressed. She showed me off to her cousin and that was the first boy!

Felicia M
10-19-2018, 03:25 PM
For me definitely. Started when I was 4. She was the only GG in the home and thankfully was also willing and supportive of having her son wear her stockings around the house through his boyhood years. Later as I went through puberty I snuck all the time from her but it is almost a certainty she knew. Bless her......

HollyGreene
10-19-2018, 07:19 PM
Never found my mother's clothes attractive, so no. Also, she was quite overweight and I was as skinny as a rake, so I doubt anything would have fitted me.

Danielle_cder
10-19-2018, 07:41 PM
Yep I wore my moms stuff.

Robin777
10-19-2018, 08:16 PM
Since there were no other females in the house,I wore my mothers clothes until I moved out.

FirstTimeCD
10-20-2018, 09:18 AM
I used to wear my sister’s clothes. But never tried my mom’s.

SueAnncd
10-20-2018, 11:10 AM
I learned how wonderful it was to wear bras, panties, girdles, slips, and dresses by slipping into mom's clothes. Later, at about 18 or so I started buying my own things. It is still wonderful after all those years.

Patti Remick
10-20-2018, 02:45 PM
I never wore my mother clothes (OK I did steal a few pairs of pantyhose from her) but I had two older sisters and wore ALL their stuff. See my post here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?259417-Sisters-Clothing&p=4271097&viewfull=1#post4271097

Patti

New_Wearer
10-22-2018, 04:44 AM
Seems like this has been a fairly common thing to do amongst many on here. Was anyone ever caught doing so and how did they explain it at the time?

Isabella Ross
10-22-2018, 10:00 AM
I wore my mom's clothes every chance I got. And always felt guilty afterwards.

Ina Girdle
10-23-2018, 09:31 AM
I started off wearing my mom’s bras and girdles at 5, I used to dress up any chance I got. Always had an interest in women’s intimate wear. No internet back then, so the only source was mom’s lingerie drawer, the bathroom shower rod (drying undies), the laundry hamper and the Sears catalogues. No sisters. I did not feel guilty at the time, I had no choice, it was a force I could not resist. I suppressed my acceptance of being a lifelong crossdresser/transvestite. The guilt of using mom’s clothes came much later. Just more shame to pile on. But discovering I was not the sole degenerate on planet earth was an enlightening experience.

robinLynn
10-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Yes i did

Rissa_Bliss
10-23-2018, 08:15 PM
I started with my moms clothes, I didn't have any sisters. SO her pantyhose first, hence my love for them! Then Heels, dresses, bra, panties. Everything.

Robin777
10-23-2018, 08:19 PM
I wore my mom's clothes every chance I got. And always felt guilty afterwards.

So did I, I kinda felt guilty doing it, but I had no choice. I never got caught though. I don't know if she knew I was wearing her clothes or not. If she did she never said anything. My best guess she did,but she always said she wanted a girl when I was born. I just don't know.

il.dso
10-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Yes, same here, very frequently.
Would alternate between my mother's clothes and my sister's clothes.
Then progressed to wearing my wife's clothes and her roommates clothes.
Now, of course, have my own extensive wardrobe.
Way better!!!

CONSUELO
10-24-2018, 09:45 AM
I think I have already posted a reply to this thread but as I was reading some of the later contributions I was reminded of a story told to me by a cross dressing friend.
In his/her first marriage they lived in an apartment across the city from his wife's mother. Mother in law would come to visit quite often and would sometimes decide to stay longer and would ask him to go back to her home and pick up some clothes that she could wear for the extended visit.

Mother in law was a buyer for Sax's Fifth Avenue and had a splendid wardrobe so my friend told me. So, he/she would go to the mother in law's home to collect the specific items of clothing requested but would then take the opportunity to try on lots of designer clothing. She said their sizes were similar and the clothing was to die for. That all ended when he divorced his first wife.

So, not mother's clothes but Mother in Law's.

I was intrigued the story. Such an unexpected opportunity for a transvestite.

kathy chelan
10-24-2018, 04:20 PM
I don't actually ever recall any wearing of my mother's clothes. My sister was 21 months younger than me and by a certain age probably 5 and 1/2 or 6, my secret activity when I could get away with it (when I was home sick alone (I was a sickly kid---developed asthma at age 6 which developed into sinus and allergy troubles for years---allergic to over half of everything one would breathe in on the plains of the southern New Mexioco desert. Suffered several years till I got an excellent ENT in El Paso) My mother worked full time by the time I entered first grade. As I HAVE
RELATED BEFORE, MY FIRST ATTRACTION WAS TO my sister's SHOES and then on to one-piece bathing suits and similar garments. Although I was too young to remember I have no doubt I would step into my mother's shoes as a toddler---but of course back hen they of course would have been way too big for me, However late by the time I began to be interested in crossdressing, my mother's clothing was too small for me...she was only 4'10", [My dad was 6 feet or 6'1"]. I have always been a heterosexual cross dresser ever since. 2 marriages: 6 years. then 26 years.