PDA

View Full Version : One Member and 27 guests ugh

KymberlyOct
10-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Sometimes when I visit this site I scroll to the bottom to see how many people are on the site. It drives me crazy when it is almost all guests.

Of course all are welcome - not that it's up to me LOL. I wish more guests would become members - then you can join the conversation. Ask questions - get feedback - give your opinion.

I am not unsympathetic - I get it. Some people have not told anyone. They don't want their secret to get out. I really do understand. I was there. But be realistic, unless someone (spouse) is scrutinizing your computer very deeply no one will find out. And if they did by some fluke it might be a good thing.

But if you are a regular visitor then it's pretty reasonable to assume that gender is an issue for you. Take the first step - even just a tiny one. Be a member - talk about it.

This is not the only place, people or thing that helped me but it was certainly a part. And I actually made some real life friends from this site.

I hope next time it is 2 members 26 guests instead of 1 and 27.

Peace
Kim

Leslie Mary S
10-17-2018, 11:42 PM
I agree. maybe we need to make the whole site "for members Only".

pamela7
10-18-2018, 02:17 AM
for a long time I also felt that the site could be more private, to keep out voyeurs or haters. But think about it. Anyone reading this site will start to experience a normalisation of transgender, will have to start to empathise, to maybe break out for themselves. By being open and out, we are driving the group mind towards greater acceptance of the whole. And, I've been told most (or many) of the guests are not lurkers but members just checking in without logging in.

Rianna Humble
10-18-2018, 04:21 AM
This site is intentionally structured the way that it is.

There is absolutely no chance that we will follow your suggestion to shut out people who might just be searching for the right place to explore their gender issues :angry:

Some members could be using an insecure connection and not be willing to broadcast their credentials to whoever is snooping, but you want to deny them access to support :Angry3:

Remember as well that we have a global membership across many if not all time zones so whatever time you are checking up on whether members are browsing the same forum as you, other members may well be asleep or at work.

Thread over