PDA

View Full Version : I'm Read as a Lesbian

Rikkicn
03-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I like that I pass, at least most of the time. I've worked hard for that over the past four years. As I've said in another post I like being able to go about my business with out being noticed or scrutinized. My sweetie and I go to restaurants of all types, movies and events. I'm very well accepted every where. I'm just now begining to relax to the point where I don't think of myself as being cross dresssed every time I go out.
What I've noticed now, is that when ever the two of us are walkng down the street or showing affection to each other, then people DO notice us. It suddenly occured to me that they are seeing two women holding hands I.E. lesbians. Now, that's really interesting and somehting I never ever even thought about.
I went to great lengths to pass and not be noticed and now I'm noticed because I do pass. Who'd of thunk it?
It's taking me a while to get used to this and I must say that I find it fun! It does make me aware, however that there are places where we must be careful. Not so much in San Francisco but in the smaller rural towns we often pass through.
Interesting and unplanned turn of events.
Has anyone else had this or similar experiences? Perhaps our lovely GG's may have something to say about this.
Thanks for listening
Love to all
Rikki

Tina Dixon
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Well thats a diffrent twist on things is it not.

Wenda
03-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Cool! I would say that is a real accomplishment!

Jacqui
03-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Not all people are ecstatic to see a heterosexual couple showing affection in public let alone a gay or lesbian couple.

There is a time and place for everything. If you feel comfortable when people gawk, then there is no problem.

How about taking your wife to a lesbian bar and really soak in all the fun?

Rikkicn
03-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Not all people are ecstatic to see a heterosexual couple showing affection in public let alone a gay or lesbian couple.

There is a time and place for everything. If you feel comfortable when people gawk, then there is no problem.

How about taking your wife to a lesbian bar and really soak in all the fun?

I meant things like holding hands or walking arm in arm. erhasp that's just toooo much affection

Toni
03-22-2006, 10:45 AM
My wife and I went to Amsterdam and I had a wonderfull time going out dressed and the wife said that I passed no problem. It wasn't until we had been out for a long time that I realised that we did get a couple of looks and I'm sure it was because we just naturaly linked arms or held hands (Thats what we do as man and wife). When I mentioned this to my wife she said "I bet they think we are a couple of lesbians".

Cheery GG
03-22-2006, 11:46 AM
i think youve hit the nail on the head when you say that when were holding hands with our So in public, we look like two women...you might find thats one of the problems that GG's have to overcome....Ive never had a problem with it, i dont care what people think....but when others are looking its not always because they wonder if your a crossdresser, they assume your two women....

cheery
xx

sharifemme
03-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Rikki...

If I am seen as a lesbian, it doesn't bother me because if I were a total woman, my sexual orientation would still be toward a woman. I guess I kind of consider my femme side lesbian and my male side and my wife heterosexual. Gets confusing after a while, doesn't it?

I like that I pass, at least most of the time. I've worked hard for that over the past four years. As I've said in another post I like being able to go about my business with out being noticed or scrutinized. My sweetie and I go to restaurants of all types, movies and events. I'm very well accepted every where. I'm just now begining to relax to the point where I don't think of myself as being cross dresssed every time I go out.
What I've noticed now, is that when ever the two of us are walkng down the street or showing affection to each other, then people DO notice us. It suddenly occured to me that they are seeing two women holding hands I.E. lesbians. Now, that's really interesting and somehting I never ever even thought about.
I went to great lengths to pass and not be noticed and now I'm noticed because I do pass. Who'd of thunk it?
It's taking me a while to get used to this and I must say that I find it fun! It does make me aware, however that there are places where we must be careful. Not so much in San Francisco but in the smaller rural towns we often pass through.
Interesting and unplanned turn of events.
Has anyone else had this or similar experiences? Perhaps our lovely GG's may have something to say about this.
Thanks for listening
Love to all
Rikki