PDA

View Full Version : What do we have in common?

GaleWarning
10-22-2018, 01:06 AM
I do love it that there is, on this site, such a wide variety of expression of a commonality … our MtF love of women's clothing. To me, this is the essence of 'crossdressing', no matter how each of us views 'the woman within'.

So … what else do we all share in common?

I'm tired of arguments over our perceived differences. These do nothing to further our cause or foster a sense of unity on this board.

Over to you.

Beverley Sims
10-22-2018, 02:53 AM
I still have some male interests / hobbies Girl watching, cars and trains to name a few.

I am also into some female hobbies like a sewing machine and all you can do with that.

Cooking is high on the list as I do like the food I prepare.

I can prepare edible food too. :-)

DaisyLawrence
10-22-2018, 03:25 AM
The reality is that we most likely share no more 'other' things in common with each other than we do with the general population as a whole. For example, I don't think a love of womens' clothing would make anyone more likely to embrace the interests listed by Beverley. There was a great thread by Charlotte7 recently that dealt with the issues of CD's and the trans community in general being possibly more understanding of women and feminism as a whole and how embracing that could help with acceptance, reccomended reading.

Daisy :)

phili
10-22-2018, 03:55 AM
As an effort to put a poetic answer in- I'd say we all share the feeling of being in a strange boat, the ship of manhood. And we all spend time wishing we were on the peaceful`island of womanhood. And for many of us the best we can do is spend stolen moments of respite in special lifeboats, which no one else knows about, which are our dresses, and dream of being on the island.

Helen_Highwater
10-22-2018, 04:31 AM
Gale,

There was a thread a little while ago which I think was titled "Things you'll never hear a CD'er say". One reply was, "Aren't you ready yet".

So I think we share to a greater or lesser extent an empathy with women. We can't know it all, just certain aspects of their daily lives. We are given an insight into their world and we appreciate just what it takes.

BTW, I like you name. Made me smile

Charlotte7
10-22-2018, 06:22 AM
Other than women's clothes I think that a Venn diagram of our shared interests would be more like a Jackson Pollack painting than the Japanese flag.

deebra
10-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Gale,
We just might share more things with women than we do with other CD's or men. Wonder if women could posibably know that and it would be nice if they appreciated it.

April Rose
10-22-2018, 08:50 AM
A certain wariness about how much of ourselves we can reveal to those close to us, or the general public? A feeling of isolation, however vague or intense? A feeling of being a second class citizen in our own countries?

Ressie
10-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Lipstick!

GaleWarning
10-23-2018, 12:45 AM
Other than women's clothes I think that a Venn diagram of our shared interests would be more like a Jackson Pollack painting than the Japanese flag.

Is the painting upside-down?:)

Thanks for your replies - they made me smile, which is a lot more than I do when I read threads where members diss each other.

More of this, please!

kayla_bayarea
10-26-2018, 10:15 PM
I always found it really weird and annoying that just because someone sees a CD in the wild they feel the need to go up to them and start talking. I don't get it when members here ask if they should of gone up to someone and said something. Why??? It's even worse when the suggestion is given of making a compliment (inevitably fake) to break the ice. Would you do that to a GG unless you really mean it? Probably not because it would be seen as creepy. It's also creepy to that to another CD.

I have very little in common with most CDs and have conflicting viewpoints and personality with several as well. That's because it's the same with the general population. The way we dress is a very low factor for camaraderie. I don't attend T events because they seem quite boring to me. I guess it's different if you have integrated your feminine side into your daily lifestyle.

t-girlxsophie
10-27-2018, 12:52 AM
With contributors from the four corners of the globe,I think we would find the list of other things we have in common may be a short one

Sophie

Rayleen
10-27-2018, 06:05 AM
Many things in common:

1- talking with (between girls) for hours

2- cooking, laundry, ironing, and most household chores.

3- shopping for wife and with her.

4- lots of emotions at times.

Rayleen

BillieS
10-27-2018, 07:10 AM
Lipstick!
For sure!

alwayshave
10-27-2018, 07:29 AM
A while a go someone asked how many of us were pilots, there were quite a few positive responses. I also love lipstick.

Queen Bridget
10-27-2018, 07:47 AM
We all joined this forum to be around our own kind.

Taylor186
10-27-2018, 09:18 AM
I'd like to think that regardless of the CD/TG stripe we agree we all deserve basic human rights as outlined HERE (http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/edumat/hreduseries/hereandnow/Part-5/8_udhr-abbr.htm). And, I'll add freedom of bathroom choice.

Shely
10-27-2018, 09:27 AM
We have lots in common, but still have our own likes and dislikes, that's only natural. I have been amazed here how many similarities I find in the comments about CDing. I feel at home here sharing my secret opinions with others of like mind. And I appreciate the chance to do it with friends. I also do Fliker and have many pictures on line there, but am very wary of some of the people lurking there. Here I feel safe in letting my hair down. But I think we all like LIPSTICK (bright red).

Amy Lynn3
10-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Shely, I am with you on the lipstick comment. I love it and bright red for sure. Just an observation on my part. Many, if not most members here are professionals in their field of employment.

NancySue
10-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Having given this some thought, I believe the one thing we have in common is we’re permanently “infected” with the “Pink Fog”. Once it creeps into your consciousness or subconscious, the door automatically opens for each of us to do whatever our desires, needs or wants...whenever or wherever to any degree that may be reality at that particular time. And, as we know, is variable and changeable. To each his/hers own.

Aunt Kelly
10-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Gale,
I have some thoughts that I'd like to share, but before I do, may ask whom you include the group "we"? Do you mean crossdressers, or the rest of "us" under the TG umbrella?

Shely
10-27-2018, 11:09 AM
and lots of us are retired, or semi retired, and have been married for quite a while!

GaleWarning
10-27-2018, 11:20 AM
Gale,
I have some thoughts that I'd like to share, but before I do, may ask whom you include the group "we"? Do you mean crossdressers, or the rest of "us" under the TG umbrella?

Thanks for asking Aunt Kelly.

My OP is fully inclusive - 'we' means everyone who is a member of this forum.
I'm not interested in the things about which we fight or have disagreements.
I want to know what we ALL might have in common.

Thanks to all for their responses, so far.

docrobbysherry
10-27-2018, 12:03 PM
I've been here a long time and have seen a LOT of girls come and go. :thumbsup::thumbsdn:

We all live our own unique lives. And, the result is we have our own opinions and experiences!:o

Personally, I still learn something new here nearly every day. How to prepare myself differently. How to do something easier or better. What to buy and where. And, I enjoy everyone's experiences thru their eyes!:)

Then, to finally meet some of u in person makes this forum a one-of-a kind dresser's experience that can't be duplicated anywhere else!::hugs:

Glenda2
10-27-2018, 01:09 PM
A while back one of the members here (Karen Hutton) nailed it. We all just want to be pretty.

In the animal kingdom it’s often the male that’s the prettiest. Compare the peacock to the peahen for an extreme example.
Have often wondered if some distant suppressed genes are awakening?

Glenda

Roxanne Lanyon
10-27-2018, 02:03 PM
. . . . and some of us are not attached! We are free to do, . . . . . whatever! (Oh, thank the Lord!).
Roxanne, a warm heart, and a warm passion!

Roxanne Lanyon

Cassandra Lynn
10-27-2018, 05:03 PM
I do love it that there is, on this site, such a wide variety of expression of a commonality … our MtF love of women's clothing. To me, this is the essence of 'crossdressing', no matter how each of us views 'the woman within'.

I like that your looking for unity and the positivity to be found in commonality, but i'm afraid my response is much like Aunty Kelly's, for many of us the clothing is but a small part of our true selves, or as you went on to say, "the woman within". So, i'm gonna speak from the perspective of being gender non-binary and a member of the greater trans umbrella.

I'm a bit jaded too, I've been around the forums for quite along time now and while i'd like to say the MtF trans world (and especially in regards to those who identify only as CDressers), all shares a strong sense of support for women's rights, equality, and basic feminism, sadly that isn't totally true.

There are misogynists on the boards and out there in everyday life, and that of course means, there are prolly some of them who are capable of the kinds of acts that the #MeToo movement is bringing to light and valiantly fighting against.

But yeah, I hope that we all share a love of all things female, all things feminine, and love and the utmost respect for womenkind.

Cass

Becky Blue
10-28-2018, 06:28 AM
Shoes
Clothes
Posting/reading forums :)
Open Mindedness :battingeyelashes:

toranna
10-30-2018, 05:07 PM
I hope that we all share a love of all things female, all things feminine, and love and the utmost respect for womenkind.

Linda P.
10-30-2018, 05:24 PM
The pleasure and fulfillment that our preferred appearance can bring.

LelaK
10-30-2018, 06:34 PM
We all love oxygen in binary molecular form fer sher. We love food and water. Most of all, we love Lolita or Rorita fashion (or Brolita).