PDA

View Full Version : First Big Step

joanlynn28
03-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi, thought I would report back on last Saturday night out. I finally had the courage to go to the monthly dinner of a local CD/TS group in town. I took a good hour and a half to get myself ready for my big night out. Deciding that I did not have a nice pair of shoes I stopped at the shoe store and ended up buying three pairs. A nice dressy pair, some brown heels, and a nice pair of boots. Anyway the two young women at the register did not even give me a second look. Well at the meeting I had a nice conversation with one of the members who is in transition and she told me that all I needed done on my face was my lips, I know I do not have any lips, she said that implants would probable work fine. It was also brought up that they thought that I was on HRT because my skin was so soft, that is quite a compliment to someone like me who works as a mechanic. After dinner one of the girls invited me to join her at a local bar that is TG friendly. I had a enjoyable time and met some really nice pre and post op people who were willing to share their experiences with me. Got a couple of phone numbers to call back so we can talk all about it. On person in perticular wants to get together and help me out on my look. I was quite surprised to find out the at least 6 diffirent girls said that I easily pass, to me that is quite a compliment considering that tonight was really the first time that I have gone out fully enfemme. Since I passed the big test I am ready to go out shopping in the real world. And I am now wanting to explore the world of transitioning, if that is the road that is choosen for me. I can't wait till next weekend when I can have some fun again.;)

Barb Valentine
03-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Joanlynn
I'm happy for you ,It's good that you meet some new friends
so go out and enjoy your outlook
love Barb

Paula Rae
03-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey Joanlynn,
Congratulations on your first big step. It's obvious that you were quite comfortable and confident and that's 99% of the the battle. You're well on your way. I'm so happy for you. Please post some pictures and tell us where you live.
Thanks for posting your nice story. I enjoyed reading about your fun night.

Ricki B

Billijo49504
03-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Go for it! If someone laughs, don't let it get you down. They may be laughing about something other than you...BJ

Denise01
03-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Congratulations on your first big step.
I think a lot of us girls pass better than we ever thought we would.
I have found, the big thing is confidence in what you are doing, and when you are out and about, just carry on like it is the most normal thing you do every day.
I have seen a lot of gg's where i live that do not look near as femme and a lot of cd's or TS do.

Denise

EricaCD
03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time. It's wonderful to hear of such a positive experience.

Erica

renee k
03-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi Joanlynn,

Congrats, on your getting out in the community. As you've found out, alot of positive things can happen when you network with other girls like yourself.

Huggs, Renee